RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

18 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Just read that he has passed away from colon cancer at such a young age, 43.  May make Da 5 Bloods an extra choice unless you guys have a better suggestion.  

RIP

Wakanda Forever 

Wakanda Forever Indeed. I suggest we do two CB films as Da 5 Bloods only really features him in the flashbacks of the war and the last act. The film is more about the surviving older war buddies journey. So we should also pick something else from his filmography in which he is the lead. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

I’ve been looking forward to making this nomination. It’s an animated film featuring bots so definitely fits the sci fi category.

It’s a film that has been close to my heart, includes the voice talent of many famous actors including a lot from the world of comedy and an absolute legend from Star Trek. 

It has a soundtrack that defines it’s generation and has brought happiness to a lot of kids watching the film. 

It is of course going to be:

The Emoji Movie

81h5Ao5lPDL._RI_.jpg

I’m kidding! You all know my serious nomination is Transformers The Movie from 1986!

I’m actually looking forward to seeing some of the other nominations. Akira is an absolute classic. Definitely something to watch whether it’s selected or not! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Con said:

Cool. I have no idea what to nominate which means I have to research. This should be fun. What's in this genre? I'm about to find out! 

I recently watched two great animated sci-fi films, Fantastic Planet and Paprika.  You should have a look into those.  There is so much choice this month.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Con said:

Cool. I have no idea what to nominate which means I have to research. This should be fun. What's in this genre? I'm about to find out! 

Me too. I've had a look at some greatest ever animated sci fi lists and some people have a wierd definition of sci fi.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Me too. I've had a look at some greatest ever animated sci fi lists and some people have a wierd definition of sci fi.

I think I looked at the same lists.  The Lego Movie?  The Spongebob Movie?  Heavy Metal?  😄 

September nominations so far:

Akira x2

Transformers: The Movie

The Iron Giant 

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 3

There was one from the 90' with a psycho that flew around in space killing everywhere he went, I think a female protagonist was chasing him to try and kill him. I cant remember the name of it but would love to watch it again.

Edited by Smurf

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

There was one from the 90' with a psycho that flew around in space killing everywhere he went, I think a female protagonist was chasing him to try and kill him. I cant remember the name of it but would love to watch it again.

Doesn't ring any bells with me.  If anyone can think of what this is in the next 10 hours then I'll add it to the wheel.