Dreamgirls

Can't Stop the Music

The Blues Brothers

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

6 hours ago, Sinister said:

Musicals eh? 

Can’t stop the music

🙂

The story of the Village People?  I love that film, it's sh*t!  It's up there with Hercules in New York in terms of so-bad-they're-good films.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Con said:

Was that like a joke nominee? Lmao. 
Are we going to watch a brutal musical? Lmao. Cannot wait to review it to shreds!!!

While there are a handful of musical style movies that I can enjoy I cannot stand the genre as whole. Using that I did a google search for the worst ones made and made my choice based upon that list. CStM was mentioned as not only being a bad musical but also one of the worst movies ever created, so this should be interesting.

That dreamgirls movie I saw mentioned was also on some worst ever lists.

Edit, this movie also has the honor of winning two of the first razzie awards.

Edited by Sinister
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sinister said:

While there are a handful of musical style movies that I can enjoy I cannot stand the genre as whole. Using that I did a google search for the worst ones made and made my choice based upon that list. CStM was mentioned as not only being a bad musical but also one of the worst movies ever created, so this should be interesting.

That dreamgirls movie I saw mentioned was also on some worst ever lists.

Edit, this movie also has the honor of winning two of the first razzie awards.

LMAO. I appreciate that you are going to watch it. Let's all suffer together. Just watched a clip on YT and LMFAO.....this is not a film Mike Pence would recommend and its 2 hours long, we all going to hell hahahaha.  Something tells me to watch this first and then rinse it off with Mulholland Drive. LMAO

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a new month so time for a new category.  After the atrociously entertaining Can't Stop the Music I'm in the mood for an actually good film.  Every ten years Sight and Sound magazine polls critics and directors to compile two lists of the 100 greatest films of all time (one chosen by critics, the other by directors).  My nomination for this month is any film from the latest (2012) S&S director's poll.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sight_%26_Sound_Greatest_Films_of_All_Time_2012

@Con would you like to do the honour of picking the winner on Wednesday, and I'll spin for the film when those noms are in?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smurf said:

My favorite movie of all time is in the list, The Wild Bunch directed by compliacted Sam Peckinpah.

You wanna second my nomination, or maybe do your own?  We've not done westerns yet so would be a good choice.

February nominations so far:

Films on Sight & Sound's 2012 Directors Poll x3

2014 films

Westerns

• Like 1

Western

Enjoyed participating last month and want to do so again. I promise to pick a good movie this time.

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m stuck between a choice of two films on that list but both choices have multiple versions available.  

I’m caught between Blade Runner and Apocalypse Now. 

Blade Runner has a lot of different edits which changes how the film ends as well as Apocalypse Now having the Redux version. 

Before making my choice, what version would you want to be reviewed? Is it the theatrical cut or the most recent available cut of the film?

• Like 3