What did you do today?

JustHatched

This stuck out to me big time as my background is heavily 12v automotive. I might need some clarification here, but are you saying that at one point it was possible to run the fans without the key on and that the 12v side was always hot and just relied on negative trigger? Do you mean vehicle running or just key in the on position?

I'm not saying I'm the one to be able to solve this, but if I can fully understand the issue it might help having a second opinion to narrow it down to a solution. It doesn't sound like a short to me from what I'm getting, that would just equal blown fuses most likely, but a loose connection on an older vehicle is a common problem.

Yea I was trying to get a second opinion on 3rd gen specific forum, where you would expect your usual smart ass replies and all I get are crickets chirping. So I am clearly not losing my mind, lol.

The fan would not run with key off unless I jump both large hots on the relay connector. It is wired as stock, with the relay being the ground trigger GM style. Everything I mentioned is with the key on.

Boiled down to a sentence.

My factory ground trigger relay is all of a sudden a 12v trigger relay.

The ground and 12v wires to the relay are backwards, continuity to ground on the old 12v wire(tan/white), whereas the old ground wire(green/white) requires 12v to switch the relay.

I didn't change anything and it worked perfect wired as stock since I got the car in 2008. Now, with the key on, if I ground the green/white wire, nothing happens. If I put 12v to the same wire, the relay switches, fan comes on, and nothing goes up in smoke.

I know it's alot, and I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm flabbergasted.

Yea I was trying to get a second opinion on 3rd gen specific forum, where you would expect your usual smart ass replies and all I get are crickets chirping. So I am clearly not losing my mind, lol.

The fan would not run with key off unless I jump both large hots on the relay connector. It is wired as stock, with the relay being the ground trigger GM style. Everything I mentioned is with the key on.

Boiled down to a sentence.

My factory ground trigger relay is all of a sudden a 12v trigger relay.

The ground and 12v wires to the relay are backwards, continuity to ground on the old 12v wire(tan/white), whereas the old ground wire(green/white) requires 12v to switch the relay.

I didn't change anything and it worked perfect wired as stock since I got the car in 2008. Now, with the key on, if I ground the green/white wire, nothing happens. If I put 12v to the same wire, the relay switches, fan comes on, and nothing goes up in smoke.

n 2008. Now, with the key on, if I ground the green/white wire, nothing happens. If I put 12v to the same wire, the relay switches, fan comes on, and nothing goes up in smoke.

I've got a couple of ideas. I'll PM you later with it to keep from a full hijack.

• Like 1

What a cool car! You so need that car :)

My Toyota hilux has hit 320,000km which is around 200,000miles without any major work being done. I haven't put that many miles on it but yeah pretty crazy.

Today, or tomorrow depending how I feel I will probably finish putting up our Christmas lights and Christmas tree (bit late but we were away and I have been sick :P) and all the fun stuff like cleaning.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Messed around with a raspberry pi I was given, I have it running retroPi now but It's been ages since I messed around with Linux so I haven't quite got the XBOX controller working in all of the console emulators yet. I had forgotten quite how basic Sega Master System and Genesis graphics were.

I need a nice case for it too..... 

raspberrypi.jpg

#geeky  :lol:

• Like 1

I am finally home from an 18 hour day at the shop.

We got 6 funerals tomorrow, all at 9AM so all the flowers had to be done and most all delivered today. I got keys to funeral homes and being in them at midnight is a bit creepy.

1 funeral is for my 2nd cousin who lost fight with lung cancer so all my family has flowers, I think it will take 4-5 loads to get them all there, hence why I was non existant in any thing XDBX or GTA today. I am going to look at a few posts and answer PM's and off to bed, I should be able to get caught up tomorrow afternoon.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Wow the joys of your own business though. At least your through it now and good luck tomorrow.

I am out on the boat relaxing in the sun (33 degrees or 91F) pretty nice day for it. Went snorkeling a bit and about to head back in and have a few drinks and hopefully get on the ps4 for a bit (gf permitting :P)

scottyb1988.jpg

Thought it would be nice to get some exercise and take a walk, I had forgotten just how much rain we have had recently and most of the shore and paths around Ullswater were flooded  :(

I decided to give having a swim a miss :lol:

ullswater.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Usual work stuff, but when I got home my Amazon order had arrived; a set of XBone thumbsticks.

I really don't like the sort of 'slimy' finish on the DS4 thumbsticks (at least on this controller, my other newer one seems fine) and had seen a few posts and Youtube videos saying the xBox one ones fit.

Well they do:

thumbsticks.jpg

I gave them a quick go on a DM and a race and for me they are much nicer as I was finding my thumb slipped off the factory ones from time to time.

It's not difficult to do but it's not as easy as the DS3 to get apart, you need an old credit card or similar to prise the two halves apart even after you have the four screws out. Also be careful not to stress the ribbon cables and the reset button tends to want to fall out and is easily lost.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced the valve cartridge that controls water flow in the shower. It's a weird feeling when you turn the knob to shut the water off and the water doesn't stop!

HaqBpX0.png

Had to park out in the open because the snow was so high I would have gotten stuck (every frikkin year).

Edited by Lann3

This was actually last weekend but anyway...

Went to a 9-pin bowling tournament on Saturday morning. It is just a for-fun thing. Parker Bohn III, a pro bowler, stopped in as he was in Wisconsin for some PBA tournament. A few of us where hanging around playing cards after bowling and we asked the owner of the alley if we could each buy a bowling pin and have Parker sign them. So, 4 of us each bought a pin and Parker was nice enough to sit with us for a few minutes and sign our pins.

pin.jpg

kQ4fIRp.png

Same old. Work and then about 4 hours of severely broken sleep as my 21 month old daughter is not s good sleeper, bless her. As I'm writing this it is 6am. I have been up since 2am. Going to work in a couple of hours for a break!

Usual work stuff, but when I got home my Amazon order had arrived; a set of XBone thumbsticks.

I really don't like the sort of 'slimy' finish on the DS4 thumbsticks (at least on this controller, my other newer one seems fine) and had seen a few posts and Youtube videos saying the xBox one ones fit.

Well they do:

thumbsticks.jpg

I gave them a quick go on a DM and a race and for me they are much nicer as I was finding my thumb slipped off the factory ones from time to time.

It's not difficult to do but it's not as easy as the DS3 to get apart, you need an old credit card or similar to prise the two halves apart even after you have the four screws out. Also be careful not to stress the ribbon cables and the reset button tends to want to fall out and is easily lost.

I have this problem constantly. Have to look into this. Though I'll probly ruin my controller attempting.

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

Went for Jury Duty today.

(This magistrate court sucks ass, tiny and not very glorious looking unlike the previous time i had to go in upstate NY)

Sat in a crowded room full of a bunch of loud people (because everyone was summoned - like why, it's magistrate court) were I read 75 pages of a book before I was free to go - because the case was "continued".

Welp, least I'm out of it for now. Until my hopefully never next summons.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I went skiing today! Lovely day, not a single cloud in the sky and you could see 100s of kms away. :D

Few snaps:

CbdhZFx.jpg

ihw2AhY.jpg

uUrx2N6.jpg

JhTbiNd.jpg

TvpoUIj.jpg

Qs5oZM4.jpg

IgNGLYE.jpg

efSz1yp.jpg

WARNING! Selfie inside (no duck face though)! :P

CBtarlQ.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know, I haven't shaved in a while and yes, those are grey hairs. I can't help it, I'm getting old mature. :D

I'm totally knackered though.

• Like 9