What did you do today?

JustHatched

Yeah C64 FTW!

Had one of those Spectrums too (well my brother did).

People these days think GTA takes a long time to load...

What did I do today?

Nothing, it's Sunday  ;).

• Like 2

That is one fine job there Skip !

But just like Z I was more of a Commodore/Atari 2600 type of guy :D (Space Invaders anyone?).

OT, didn't do anything noteworthy today. Woohoo.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

In amongst the usual weekend household chores I decided to repair the joypad that had a little 'accident' during a particularly frustrating GTA session.  :lol: (Although it had a pretty hard life playing GT6 and uncharted too).

Open joypad surgery:

joypad1.jpg

It took a repair to the casing with hot glue, resolder the dislodged vibration motor and replaced the damaged joypad thumbsticks but it survived:

joypad2.jpg

All it cost was £3 for the button kit off eBay (I didn't bother to replace them all, just the damaged ones). I need to test it fully, but I will be blaming all race losses on this joypad, even if I'm using the new one I bought.  : CRAZY :

These things are not fun to put back together. I had a controller with a cracked case and another with bad internals so I combined the good parts. The L and R buttons were a pain to keep lined up.

• Like 1

I've never had a C64. It was Spectrum/ST/Amiga then PS1/2/3 for me. I noticed that there is a bit of a market for retro computer stuff on eBay these days so I've been picking stuff up at boot fairs. Latest was an Atari ST for £5 but it needs a major cleanup.

All of the computers came with a load of games and peripherals so I hope to make a bit of cash once its all cleaned up and tested.

These things are not fun to put back together. I had a controller with a cracked case and another with bad internals so I combined the good parts. The L and R buttons were a pain to keep lined up.

It took me 3 attempts and a bit of cursing.  :lol:

• Like 1

It was my nephews 2nd birthday so we took him to Edinburgh zoo, it was freezing! Then went back to my brothers for cake and now I'm home chilling out with pizza, beer and GTA! A very nice Sunday :)

• Like 8

It was my nephews 2nd birthday so we took him to Edinburgh zoo, it was freezing! Then went back to my brothers for cake and now I'm home chilling out with pizza, beer and GTA! A very nice Sunday :)

Now you made me want to get a pizza!

• Like 1

A bit late but for Halloween we went to a concert that played until 3am-ish. The band more than embarrasingly called the wife and I up on stage and said that they wanted us to dance while they played the Addams Family. Well, first, we can't dance..so that was going to be interesting. Second, when they said Addams Family, they apparently meant the M.C.Hammer version, not the TV theme song. I'd say that things went fine, we didn't knock anything over, didn't trip and fall over cords (or each other) on stage and only bumped into the bass player once :D It was definitely memorable. 

GomezMorticia.jpg

GomezMorticia2.jpg

• Like 8

CDpIRad.jpg

Took my kid's to the Bellagio, Hershey and M&M store today.  Also remembered why I hated going to Las Vegas Blvd (The Strip) as a local.  Either way, it was nice to get out of the house for a change and see some sights around the city.  Next time we will go do something away from town and these crazy ass tourists.

• Like 1

I sold my 1965 Triumph Spitfire today.

Made a bunch of grave blankets, trying to get use to all the holiday help we hired (bunch of extra noise in the shop). Picked up the new Call of Duty for the oldest son (birthday is this coming Sunday).

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I sold my 1965 Triumph Spitfire today.Made a bunch of grave blankets, trying to get use to all the holiday help we hired (bunch of extra noise in the shop). Picked up the new Call of Duty for the oldest son (birthday is this coming Sunday).

Nice old car hatch, how come you got rid?

yFn5uY6.png

Lack of time to finish it

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Shame, restored they look great. But I know what you mean I haven't done job 1 on the Beemer I got back in April and I got that with the intention of fixing it up. Who knows maybe one day I'll put "finished the Beemer" in this topic.

yFn5uY6.png

Went to the 124th floor in Burj Khalifa(tallest tower in the world),took a few pics and then went to The Dubai Mall(biggest mall in the world) then tried out Burger King for the first time.Had an amazing day overall!

• Like 7

Made a shit load of graveblankets today

The same thing I do everyday. Try and take over the world.

SSRacing and Dodge trying to take over the world

• Like 3

SSRacing and Dodge trying to take over the world

I have had a shitty day all day today and for some reason I was laughing until I was in tears thank you.

• Like 4

Went to the 124th floor in Burj Khalifa(tallest tower in the world),took a few pics and then went to The Dubai Mall(biggest mall in the world) then tried out Burger King for the first time.Had an amazing day overall!

You should post your pics from the Burj Jhalifa. Dubai is absolutely beautiful ( at least from pics that I've seen).

Oh, and i booked a trip to take my daughter to Disney in April.

Edited by furdog
  • Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

You should post your pics from the Burj Jhalifa. Dubai is absolutely beautiful ( at least from pics that I've seen).

Will do once I'm back.

Today, I rode my bike to work. Big deal. Well it was 37F (2.7C) and will probably be my last ride until April. :(

You never know though, might get that odd warm day in Feb or March. It happens.

Also shot photos for a magazine ad of these LED driving lights and used my bike to model them on, then started designing the ad.

IMG_7464-M.jpg

• Like 3