What did you do today?

JustHatched

On 6/16/2017 at 2:00 AM, zmurko said:

Nice one pete! Looks like my kind of place, mountains, forests, water, ...

Yeah it is truly one of my favorite places on earth.  So beautiful and peaceful. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Spent most of the day cleaning up outside from a early morning storm that had stupid fast straight line winds with ungodly amount of lightning and heavy rain! Lightning killed the bedroom TV and satellite Joey controller box. It also blew something in my electric driveway gate. There was a VERY close lightning strike...not direct, but close enough to screw stuff up.

It was pretty rough for about 5 solid min. and I actually got a bit afraid. I hadn't seen straight line wind like that in well over 20 years. The radar didn't give a clue that it was going to be that bad! I can only guess that the thunderstorm collapsed and the horrible wind and rain was the result.

Fun fun fun...................NOT!!!!!

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Got laid off today. :( I'd like to play more GTA but not this way.

on the plus side I'm thinking of hosting another NA time zone playlist.

9 minutes ago, Beez said:

Oh no Beez I am so sorry to hear that!  What a bummer.

Regarding the playlist idea, that would be one silver lining :)  You were my favorite host when I was a new member and started playing playlists!

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, Beez said:

That really sucks, Beez.  Sorry, mate. :(

I know you loved working there, with all the Nerf Gun wars and promotional trips on motorcycles etc.  Working in the same industry as your hobby was a real bonus too.  Hope you got a decent redundancy package/payout (not sure if you have them in the States) to ease the pain a little. 

As for you hosting another NA playlist, I'm definitely up for that.  Will join whenever I can. :)

• Like 2

Damn @Beezthat really is a bummer!  Hopefully you can look back and have it be a positive thing.  Sometimes these things turnout to be blessings in disguise. 

Oh and I'd love another NA playlist! :) 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 2

Dammit Beez!

I've never been laid off, unless you can call it when I lost a job when my company merged with another company and they just stopped doing that job anymore.

Positive note, I had a job offer 2 days after the results of the merger went public. It was essentially a promotion and a huge pay increase.

Ya never know what may happen. One door closes and another opens!

Good luck bro!

Blew over a grand replacing some of the stuff that got zapped this week!:GRIMACE:

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

At just over a year at my new home, I killed my first poisonous snake, a fat copperhead. I was going to take a picture after I brought it to the house, but my Smokey and her tom cat boy friend ate it up while I was in the house! There was very little left after I took time to eat a "sammich".

I only kill poisonous snakes and I hate copperheads the most. At least a rattlesnake will most times let you know he's there.

• Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 4 weeks later...

I created myself a simply orgasmic meal.

I passed by a new meat market and stopped in to check it out. I found some beautiful whole rib-eye cuts and the butcher made me a glorious 1 1/2 cut that was a sight to see.

I haven't used my new smoker as a grill, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity.

I grilled the marinated steak to perfection with great caramelization .

It was pure perfection!........................ALMOST as good as a visit from my hot FWB!

FWB....Friend With Benefits ;)

• Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Mmmmmm, rib-eye is the best cut of meat!

I wouldn't marinate it at all, it only needs salt and paper (and some butter) at the end when it's resting if it's a good cut, something like black Angus, preferably from AU or Ireland. Of course in this case it needs to be grilled over some good charcoal as well, on something like Green Egg, so it gets smoked as well. Medium-rare, 48-52 degrees C. :D

Fuck! Now I'm salivating. :SLOBBER:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

@zztop911 I'm disappointed by lack of pictures. Definitely need to see that!

No way I could take the time to take a picture. It was screaming,"Eat me!" So I graciously complied!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

9 hours ago, zmurko said:

Mmmmmm, rib-eye is the best cut of meat!

I wouldn't marinate it at all, it only needs salt and paper (and some butter) at the end when it's resting if it's a good cut, something like black Angus, preferably from AU or Ireland. Of course in this case it needs to be grilled over some good charcoal as well, on something like Green Egg, so it gets smoked as well. Medium-rare, 48-52 degrees C. :D

Fuck! Now I'm salivating. :SLOBBER:

I marinated it in the Cabernet Sauvignon,  that I was going to drink with it, and crushed garlic. Just before cooking it, I lightly applied some Weber Chicago steak seasoning and applied some Bertolli olive oil. On top of the bed of charcoals were a couple of sticks of pecan wood. It was hot enough to get a really nice sear pretty quickly. It's a sin to cook a quality piece of meat to anything other than rare or medium-rare.

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to take over the world today :it-s-not-fair:

Put the spit shine on my S10 today for big car show tomorrow

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

4 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I wasn't able to take over the world today :it-s-not-fair:

Put the spit shine on my S10 today for big car show tomorrow

We wanna see pictures of tomorrow plz, not spent long over this side of the pond but already seen far more nice cars/trucks than we've got back in the UK. 

1 minute ago, Crawford1872 said:

We wanna see pictures of tomorrow plz, not spent long over this side of the pond but already seen far more nice cars/trucks than we've got back in the UK. 

Will do, about 350 cars of all types (might even see a Euro car or 2) and years are expected tomorrow

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

You're not looking in the right places then ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

I went a walk today 

@Xyon14 and @zmurko will be happy to hear that I agree, back in Scotland we just have tiny little slightly raised bits, no mountains ?

Gorgeous. Didnt picture you as a hiker though. :P

I'm going on a short hike tomorrow as well, nothing big, but there should be some good views, especially since the sky will be crisply washed from todays weather. I'll have the camera with me and I'll show you mountains. :D

• Like 2