TV shows

Pb76

Just finished binge watching GLOW on Netflix, it is fucking fantastic.

GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) is a fictional account of the real life all women wrestling show from the 80s and you all should watch it, whether you're a fan of wrestling or not.  The cast is amazing (Alison Brie, Marc Maron, and an amazing performance by actual wrestler Awesome Kong as the character "Welfare Queen") the fashion and music are authentically 80s, not like some parody show, and the way they treat wrestling, and explain it to people who have no idea about the business is better than any attempt I've previously seen, one quote from the show that sums it up perfectly "is this real?" "who gives a fuck."

Also, it has lots of boobies and a cocaine dispensing robot.

11/10, please commission a second series now Netflix :D

It's by the people behind Orange is the New Black, if that's worth anything.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Just finished binge watching GLOW on Netflix, it is fucking fantastic.

After that review, I may watch that this august when I renew my Netflix for The Defenders and House of Cards. :) 

4 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

After that review, I may watch that this august when I renew my Netflix for The Defenders and House of Cards. :) 

Do it man!

Did I mention there are lots of boobies? :D

• Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 0:36 PM, skip_rat said:

Preacher is worth a try if you have Amazon, as is Mr Robot and Halt and Catch Fire.

The first two second season episodes this week were insane!

Lime....GLOW is on my list to watch. You just moved it up! LOL!

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 5 months later...

Finished The Punisher last night (more accurately around 6am)

Best Marvel thing i’ve seen in a while. The writing and acting is brilliant. As far as the action goes I can only describe it as being like John Wick on steroids. Also pretty emotional at points. 

Well worth watching. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Best Marvel thing i’ve seen in a while. The writing and acting is brilliant. As far as the action goes I can only describe it as being like John Wick on steroids. Also pretty emotional at points. 

Well worth watching. 

Agreed! Favourite Marvel series I've watched so far.

• Like 1

Peaky Blinders... what a show and some brilliant performances! But the standout is the leading actor Cillian Murphy. Didn't take many scenes before I had completely forgot about him as Scarecrow. Though that all went to hell in season 2 when Tom Hardy entered the show and The Dark Knight was all I could think of.:lol:

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

I don't watch T.V. anymore because I'm usually on YouTube or the PS4. I've been trying to catch up to the Empire series via Hulu (if I decide to get on board with that - recently discontinued Netflix just to save me a lil' chump change, but reactivated my Spotify 'cause I can't play PS4 w/out music - wtf right? i know.. :P) 'cause I love me some Cookie. Other than that .. no. :/

Taking a break from the walking dead after not being so happy with the first episodes of the season. But really enjoying Queen of the South and would recomend you to try it (its on Netflix)

On 28/11/2017 at 2:50 PM, Crawford1872 said:

Well worth watching. 

I'm watching the last two episodes right now :D

Really liking the show so far. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I'm watching the last two episodes right now :D

Really liking the show so far. 

Good huh :D last two episodes I found to be a cut above the rest even then. Really really loved the editing/crossover between the scene with the paul weller song and the fighting (had to get that written spoiler free)

Punisher is looking good. The Mrs wasn’t that keen about the suggestion but she was hooked after the opening scene. 4 episodes down now. Will probably get it all finished by the end of the weekend. 

I've been binge watching several TV shows over the last few months, mostly catching up on some of them or even watching older shows, with a few new shows as well.

Among them were Narcos, Lucifer, Wired, Better Call Saul, ...

I've just finished '13 Reasons Why'. A 13 episode long 1st season, I think it's another Netflix production.

It's a tough watch at times due to the subject, but well made. It touches several teenage (and adult) issues, mostly suicide, along with depression, bullying, rape, ... and how they affect everyone around. A well made show with great acting by young actors/actresses.

I actually couldn't really watch more than 1 episode at a time until I was well into the season, as it's not really a lighthearted entertainment.

Definitely recommend it.

Next on the list now is 'Master of None'...

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 1

Vikings has returned and is as intriguing as ever. One little annoyance for me though and it’s the second time this has happened with TV shows set in this period recently. It makes me wonder if location scouts actually do any research. 

The great heathen army marched on York, the problem I have with the location used in Vikings and in The Last Kingdom is that they show York surrounded by hills. Anyone whose ever been there will know there’s not a single hill within 20 miles of York!

Need to finish watching Mindhunter. First two episodes were good. Anything relating to Serial Killers has always interested me.

Being a fan of animation,  I just finished the first season of Big Mouth, some crazy stuff.

Oh yeah, Mindhunters was also among the shows I've binge watched lately. It's pretty good for a first season (beginnings of profiling criminals and all the psycho stuff). Could be improved, but it's an interesting watch for sure. Main character needs some improvement (pretty dull) and I hope they actually start using their new gained knowledge solving more cases in 2nd season if there's gonna be one.

Put it on your list if you're looking for new shows to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished with the Sci-Fi Drama Travelers on Netflix. If taken as portrayed, it's quite intriguing  and entertaining.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!