TV shows

Pb76

2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Been watching shameless & Vikings latest series, enjoying them both at the moment. 

I got a little annoyed by Vikings this season. Not with the script or acting but with the location scouts. 

I live in an area that was under Viking occupation, York (known as Jorvik under viking rule) isn’t too far from where I live so I know the area very well.

The problem I have is how they represented the city. The city is situated at the fork of two rivers, this is why its been a settlement since before Roman times. 

There were no sign of any rivers in the show, this wasn’t the biggest problem though. The most significant part of the landscape around York is that it’s flat for miles in all directions.

Showing hills around York is a big no no for me. It’s not the first show to do it either. The Last Kingdom made the same mistake. 

Rant over for now ?

On 29 November 2017 at 6:13 PM, Banketelli said:

Peaky Blinders... what a show and some brilliant performances! But the standout is the leading actor Cillian Murphy. Didn't take many scenes before I had completely forgot about him as Scarecrow. Though that all went to hell in season 2 when Tom Hardy entered the show and The Dark Knight was all I could think of.:lol:

I  just finished watching this in bulk, Tom Hardys character  is brilliant in this. 

Others i've been watching is 

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

The Preacher

American Gods

Lucifer

The Gifted

Star Trek Discovery

All the Marvels, Luke Cage, Iron Fist Jessica Jones, Daredevil and The Punisher

The  Expanse

The Orville

• Like 1

Homicide Hunter: Joe Kenda , yet another episode where someone is going to jail for 15+ years even though they had no knowledge of the planned robbery that turns into murder. If your friends commit a murder and you happen to be with them, you better call the cops that day because waiting 24 hours, may not get you leniency with a judge. 

• 4 weeks later...

New exciting Science fiction drama worth watching has just come out on netflix called Altered Carbon

Its like Total Recall meets Blade Runner crossed with Avatar mixed in with a bit of classic Red Dwarf. 

The concept is hard to explain and the first episode is confusing to begin with but its definitely very interesting. I’m about halfway through now and looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squirrel said:

New exciting Science fiction drama worth watching has just come out on netflix called Altered Carbon

Its like Total Recall meets Blade Runner crossed with Avatar mixed in with a bit of classic Red Dwarf. 

The concept is hard to explain and the first episode is confusing to begin with but its definitely very interesting. I’m about halfway through now and looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

I put that on my list a few days ago, but haven't started it yet. I had some astronomy programs to watch first.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, zztop911 said:

I put that on my list a few days ago, but haven't started it yet. I had some astronomy programs to watch first.

Martha Higareda is a little hottie too!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 month later...

Just watched the First program in the series "Lost Treasures of the Maya" on National Geographic Channel.

It's incurable in how LIDAR is changing ahrchology's view of the Maya!

Well worth DVR if you're into science.

Also watching "Lost World Tuesdays" at the moment on the same channel. New program on the frozen mummies of the Inca. is on now.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Just finished the first part of the fourth season of Fear The Walking Dead, and it is so much better than the previous seasons ! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Anybody watching The Expanse ? 

Have yet to see the latest season. Brilliant show. So glad it was saved.

• Like 1

Another season of the American Horror Story is coming out soon! It looks to be quite an interesting storyline.

Apocalypse!

With the style of this series, it should be quite entertaining.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Longmire at the moment on Netflix. Interesting crime thriller series  set in Wyoming with stunning scenery.

It's worth a look.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Watching Longmire at the moment on Netflix. Interesting crime thriller series  set in Wyoming with stunning scenery.

It's worth a look.

We watched the whole series, great show

We are currently watching Ozark in Netflix. 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 9/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Hatch said:

We watched the whole series, great show

We are currently watching Ozark in Netflix. 

Ozark is fantastic. Watched all of season 2 over one weekend. 

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

America's Got Talent Finale (DVR) - Didn't really pay attention to the episode as its just the acts performing with real celebs. Did watch the KISS performance at the start though. They said they are going on tour.

Zucaroh (dance group) vs Shin Lim (close-up hand magic) are the final two. I did like both acts during the competition. The dance group of all ages is amazing. Especially when they throw the kids way up in the air. The hand magician is amazing. He really has impressed me as I usually can guess the "magic" but this cat is badass. Okay here come the results.

Winner of the $1M and headline show in Las Vegas is: SHIN LIM!! Holy crap!!! The dance group lifted him up in celebration, that was cool.  I found a video:

Best comment in video: "Magicians use sleight of hand to make it look like magic. Shin Lim uses magic to make it look like sleight of hand."

That is a bad motherfu*****.....

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

The father of last years winner worked for the same company that Tech does. Of course he quit the moment she won to mooch off of her ten minutes of fame.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sinister said:

The father of last years winner worked for the same company that Tech does. Of course he quit the moment she won to mooch off of her ten minutes of fame.

I believe that the winner gets $25K/year for 40 years. After taxes it's like $200K-$300K. What I don't get is why these broadcast companies don't pay a lump sum. They have the millions.

She makes money from other things though. Have seen her on other shows. Not to mention talk shows and such during her initial win.

Sadly it's almost always the same with child stars and she will be a washed up addict in the near future.

I watched episode 2 of season 1 of a show called The Ride with Norman Something because my friend Jimmy is in it and it's about motorcycles. He's the dude in The Walking Dead, the Norman guy, not my friend. Anyhoo ok show that could be better but the sound person ruins it by mixing the music too high and I can't hear what anyone is saying. Not really any point in watching anymore if they are all like that.