TV shows

Pb76

On 3/27/2020 at 3:08 AM, Jjss924 said:

I just finished watching Tiger King on Netflix. It is the most insane thing I've ever seen. 

It's like a mix of The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia and Making a Murderer.

Finished that yesterday.

f*cking bizarre story!

• Like 2

Been re-watching The Simpsons on Disney+.  Just finished the first series, which is a nice reminder of why this show is so legendary after it's been so sh*t for about 20 years.

9 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

I've been watching The IT Crowd on Netflix. It's pretty awesome.

Love that show.

• Like 1

Just finished Ozark season 3.  Great as always.

Last night we watched the first two episodes of this amazon limited series.  I am really enjoying it so far!  If you like shows like Narcos and Ozark you will like this.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• 2 weeks later...

The First 48 - Return to Sender/Death Camp [S8 E2] 

Return to Sender

1. In Dallas, Det. Rick Duggan investigates the murder of a young man shot in the backseat of his friend’s car. While scouring the crime scene, Duggan finds an interesting lead–mail. He hopes this clue will lead him to the killer.

Crime Scene  - A ends in a Highway shooting shortly after.  Police find multiple casings that stretch for 125 feet. Surviving victims say they were chased and driver rammed suspect car but crashed. Shooter(s) drive away. 

Clues - Next morning part of broken headlight and blue car paint on fence pole. Personal mail envelopes with name and P.O. box also found at scene...this mail actually fell out of the suspects car!! Once they look up the name on the mail they found, they see he has a minor prior violation and get a picture line up to show the off duty officer that broke up the original confrontation the night before. He identifies the man and suspect #1 is confirmed. With the help of his wife he is found and he confesses to being the driver and gives up the name of his friend, "the shooter" or suspect #2.

Busted - The new suspect's father calls police and tells them he will bring his son in for questioning but as he flip flops his story, he begins to run his mouth and slips and tells the detective he shot the victim. Some of you law students may be asking, why would he even talk to detectives? Well since he had been snitched on, he wanted to talk to detectives to convince them that his friend was trying to blame him for the murder and they had the right man but were wasting time talking to him as he was just the driver. For his cooperation, suspect #1 receives a suspended sentence. Suspect #2 gets 25-to-life. 

ViSmMmi.jpg?1

HAg0n3K.jpg?1

lX0LXOk.jpg?1

...too late buddy, you should have kept your mouth shut. But honestly, im glad you f*cked up. It should have been nothing more than an exchange of insurance info and instead someone die.

Lesson learned: Don't escalate confrontations like minor car accidents unless you are willing to pay the consequences with your freedom or your life. Better to just walk away or be the cool-headed one. Learn how to deal with explosive personalities. Also, if you kill someone who you know from the neighborhood, dont ramble to detectives about how close you were to the victim and his family because in that attempt to appear compassionate you may accidentally confess. 

Death Camp

2. And in Minneapolis, Sergeants Bruce Folkens and Chris Karakostas must find the person who savagely beat a homeless man to death.

Crime Scene - Body found on the side of road, showing blunt force trauma to the side of the head. No I.D. but is recognized by patrol as a homeless man. 

Clues - When other homeless men are interviewed, detectives learn that one of them was assaulted with a bat by another homeless man that usually terrorizes the homeless camp. Blood not matching victim could be suspect's blood but before tests can come back, detectives already get a lead.

Busted - Detectives find the homeless suspect and notice his clothes are unusually clean and new and bring him in for an interview. The suspect decides that he is going to put his feet up on the table and the detectives notice what appears to be blood. He claimed he saw a dead body the day before and as he was looking down at it, he must have stepped in the blood, except there was blood on top of the sneakers...when detectives go back to tell him, he confesses to hitting the victim...his own words...with the bat in an attempt to defend himself but detectives don't buy the self-defense angle and case is solved. 

n3X36P4.jpg?1

yJfyNZf.jpg?1

Lesson learned: The homicide detectives take every case serious no matter who the victim is and no matter their life circumstance. They pursued the killer of this homeless guy who otherwise would have had no one pressing for justice in his name, especially in these cases where no once claims the bodies and many murders go unsolved according to detectives. 

Tried Money Heist.

It took me a while to figure out if there was dubbing or if I was just totally wrecked - in fact nearly a whole episode - I don't do dubbed stuff, not since the time I saw a North Korean p*rn movie with Aussie dubbing.

Shame really, looked quite good.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Con

The Last Dance

Watched the first episode this afternoon of this docu-series about the 1997/98 season of the Chicago Bulls. 

It felt very nostalgic and brought me back to my childhood years. I was 11/12 years old at the time and I was a bit interested in the NBA. I still have my NBA cards from the 90! Love them ! I never went too in-depth while following the NBA at the time so it is pretty cool to go back now with this show. 

Couple bad points in this first episode. It feels more like a show about Michael Jordan than the whole team but I guess you could argue that MJ was the team but it's a bit unfair to Pippen, Rodman, Kerr and others. It's about the Bulls but everything circles back to MJ. It's the first episode and the rest of the series could be different. I hope, even if MJ deserves a whole show of his own. 

Also, I found the way Jerry Krause, the GM of the Bulls was treated a bit harsh. A couple times you see MJ mocking him. He's depicted as kind of an *sshole by almost everyone. It's clear he wasn't friend with Phil Jackson, the coach but I don't know, felt a bit too hostile to him. Could have been more mixed maybe ? Unless he really was an *sshole, I don't know. Never heard of the guy before. 

I really liked all the basketball footage. Like I said, I wasn't a hardcore NBA fan back then so I never saw most of the footage. It's a delight to see how MJ was above (literally) everyone back at North Carolina. And then he is drafted by the Bulls and is already the best player of the franchise after the first game ! That guy is a genius. Someone mentions at some point that he is as big as Muhammad Ali and another guy I never heard the name before (maybe a baseball or golf player ?) and it's true ! Can't think of an athlete that dominated and revolutionnized his sport like him. Roger Federer maybe. 

Also, is that MJ's house when he's interviewed sitting on that chair smoking his cigar? How huge is it ? The room alone seems bigger than my house ! 

Good sh*t all around. Can't wait to see the rest of the show. Seems like a must watch for basketball fans. 

• Like 1

The Last Dance continues to be amazing. Episode 2 is Scottie Pippen centered and 3 is more about Rodman. The show is not that hard *n Jerry Krause as in the first episode and MJ is taking a bit of a step back which is good. I was fearing that it would be MJ all the time. I learned quite a lot of things, Pippen being vastly underpaid, Rodman winning 2 titles with the Pistons, Pippen wanting to be traded, how aggressive the Pistons were (and NBA as a whole), how late Rodman came to the Bulls (I thought he joined in the early 90s), Pippen hard childhood... 

Very interesting show. Highly recommend it. I don't know if each episode will continue to be focused on one player. Maybe Kukoc, Kerr and the coach ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Last Dance was good, 2 episodes per week kept me interested as well. I don't even like basketball and yet I enjoyed it since I knew none of the story.

Also with the lockdown sh*t, I took the opportunity to watch every episode of the f*cking awesome and terribly underrated sitcom Still Game.

Started watching Space Force starring Steve Carell, not sure about this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

The Last Dance was good, 2 episodes per week kept me interested as well. I don't even like basketball and yet I enjoyed it since I knew none of the story.

Also with the lockdown sh*t, I took the opportunity to watch every episode of the f*cking awesome and terribly underrated sitcom Still Game.

Nice, thought the Last Dance was phenomenal. You don't get that good at anything without serious sacrifice

Still game a classic also, especially the earlier stuff.

Just finished Space Force yesterday, a decent mix of tropes and IRL satire, but I probably wouldn't have watched it without some kind of lockdown in place 

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Still Game is fantastic, Jesse says it helped him understand Scottish 🤣

Space Force was alright, I think I was expecting more because I love The Office and Parks and Rec.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Still Game is fantastic, Jesse says it helped him understand Scottish 🤣

:classic_laugh: that makes 2 of us!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 4:12 PM, Con said:

Been watching this show called The Boys....it was recommended to me by someone who knows I'm don't go out of my way to watch the latest superhero movies. So when he began talking about this, he had me intrigued by the concept and story line...I wouldn't watch it with children as the themes are adult. 

Related image

I just need to watch two more episodes and i'll post a review of Season 1. It has a lot of good things going for it thats all i will say for now. 

Image result for the boys homelander

Life gets busy! I never reviewed Season 1 and Season 2 trailer is here!!!

So many questions!! Damn, Black Noir looks like he is the most lethal!!

Exclusive Clip:

And if you positively know you will not get around to watching Season 1 but will watch Season 2, you can catch up in 15 minutes....here you go:

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

I've been watching Gary Busey: Pet Judge on Amazon Prime. It's an absolute masterpiece. It's possibly the second greatest thing ever filmed, behind Big Trouble in Little China.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Finished watching the entire thing and just wow. The last two episodes are just incredible. I thought my heart couldn’t handle anymore and then we meet the DeAngelo family who have to live with the fact that “lovable” Uncle Joe was the Golden State Killer and I fully appreciate the filmmaker not putting the killer’s family in the documentary to make excuses for the killer and while some childhood things are revisited, what his r*pe survivors say regarding learning of his childhood traumas just elevated that entire “childhood trauma” segment and one of the best moments for me in the entire thing. 

I’ve edited my final verdict score to reflect how I felt about this doc now that I have watched in its entirety. 

I'll Be Gone in the Dark (2020)

GCurACX.jpg?1

HBO documentary mini-series inspired by the true crime book written by the late Michelle McNamara. We follow her obsession with finding the EAR/ONS (East Area R*pist/Original Night Stalker) , a man that terrorized California (who she would rename The Golden State Killer) for over a decade and then disappeared into thin air....with no consequences for his crimes. I see a lot of myself in Michelle McNamara when it comes to diving into the cases of these serial killers, caught or not. In my 20's, I received a True Crime Encyclopedia set for my birthday from a friend. Everyone who knows me understands why I enjoy true crime and scary things in life. It's not that I enjoy or get a thrill from murders, I get a thrill from watching detectives gather clues and try and solve homicide cases, that is what I enjoy. Reading how the killer left a Tootsie Roll candy wrapper in the victims car and is the only reason they were caught....stuff like that fascinates me. What Michelle did is something I could have done, except she took it to an obsessive extreme and I cant help but think those sleepless nights went a long way into deteriorating her health and no doubt her extensive obsession led to her death. There are six episodes titled:

1. Murder Habit

2. Reign of Terror

3. Rat in a Maze

4. The Motherlode

5. Monsters Recede But Never Vanish

6. Walk Into The Light 

I've only watched the first four episodes and being familiar with the story before this documentary, it is heartbreaking to know that she never saw how her work had paid off in the end. In fact the end of episode four is when her husband Patton Oswalt (yes that Patton Oswalt) calls for an ambulance the morning he tries to wake her up.

The documentary is fantastic as we get great insight into Michelle McNamara and what drove her to hunt for this killer. The book is special because Michelle writes it like a diary of someone obsessed with finding the killer. . There is one moment when she says something like..."I was home safe with my loved ones. Knowing the Golden State Killer couldn't hurt me. But every hour i spent researching prevented me from coddling my daughter. So perhaps he already was hurting me." 

The aftermath of her sudden death, how did Patton decide to finish the book for her. What about her daughter how hard was it on her? How did the online sleuth community that embraced her feel after her death? So yeah, lots to unpack and if you are like me and can safely enjoy true crime and are fascinated by the minds and thought processes of these serial murders and the people that never quit until they are caught and how everything comes at a price....this is a must watch.

Sadly, Michelle didnt get to live to see Joseph DeAngelo finally arrested and charged with his crimes and I think that is also a travesty within this story. I remember hearing they had caught the killer after 40+ years in 2018 but I really did not look into it too much, just looked up how he was finally caught and why it took so long to find him. But my first time learning about Michelle McNamara was through this documentary. 

Final Verdict...5/5...All my true crime fans, this should be on your to-watch list. Most deep cutting parts has been listening to survivors of his attacks and finally understanding the aftermath of r*pe and crimes such as these. People like me, we hear about r*pe and feel terrible but have no idea what the victim goes through the rest of their lifetime. Sobering indeed. Just imagine being happily married to the love of your life and some sick f*ck invades your home, ties you up and rapes your wife in front of you....how do you put the pieces back together again?? Well we meet a couple that has tried to do that...and it is soul cringing. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the first season of Twin Peaks.  Brilliant stuff, right up my alley.  Fantastic mix of soap-opera melodrama, surreal weirdness, murder mystery thriller and the dark underbelly of everyday Americana.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Welcome to the early 90's Lime! 😁

(When things were much simpler).

Yeah, I know.  I'm a bit late to the party on this one 😄 

Although, there's usually nothing simple about David Lynch projects 😄 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

High Score (Netflix)

Did the series last night. Loved it. Really interesting. Learned some sh*t.

History of video games in the words of developers and creators. Sure, they missed out a bunch of era-defining, highly influential games, but the stuff they did cover was in-depth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

High Score (Netflix)

I was quite surprised by this. Expected it to be one of those typical made by the numbers compilation series like the Toys That Made Us. 

It actually went deeper into the history of gaming than previously seen in other docs. Found out a lot of stuff I didn’t know  

• Like 1