Headset options and communication

JustHatched

I use the headset that came with the PS4. Voice quality is fine but it is terribly uncomfortable. Any decent ones between 50-150?

These are the ones I use.  Love them.  Sometimes it resets my volume and makes me sound really quiet (from what others have told me), so I have to go back into the Settings menu on the PS menu and turn it back up again.  That's not really an issue though as it takes only a few seconds to adjust.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSQAACO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

• Like 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

So I bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 headset for my PS3, got it on sale for 30€ and I love it. They're super comfortable, mic is easily adjustable, sound control is fast and simple, sound itself is so detailed and sharp... The best 30€ I've ever spent on any peripheral/accessory.

Good to know about the Sony Gold breakage issue. I'll check for cracks.

If you cant fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape. :lol:

Good to know about the Sony Gold breakage issue. I'll check for cracks.

If you cant fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape. :lol:

I got mine replaced, so I'm going to reinforce the area that cracked on both sides with some epoxy as a preventative.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

thinking about heading to the store tomorrow to get some turtlebeach P12's. Anyone got any experience with those or know if there any good?

thinking about heading to the store tomorrow to get some turtlebeach P12's. Anyone got any experience with those or know if there any good?

Yeah I have these. I posted on here when I got them too which wasn't that long ago. They have a decent "surround" sound, connect through USB and a nice "bass boost" control. They feel a little light and I'm a bit tentative about then breaking but I got them for a alot cheaper than the Sony golds so I can just get another pair lol

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I use my sons' Turtle Beach P4C. Nothing fancy just has one earmuff and mic, plugs into controller. Suits me because I like to be able to hear what is happening around the house, for the phone ringing, knock on the door for deliveries and such. It's got an inline switch to mute mic that I find usefull and a volume controller.

I mainly use my Turtle Beach PLa headset that I picked up from Wal-Mart for only about $24.99. It's usually for PS3 but it also works for anyone using a PS4. I have yet to run into any problems using it but I've found it a little harder to get used to with all the volume controls on the left ear rather than down the cord like the others are.

However, I would recommend it for anyone who wants a nice Turtle Beach headset for a low price. 

I mainly use my Turtle Beach PLa headset that I picked up from Wal-Mart for only about $24.99. It's usually for PS3 but it also works for anyone using a PS4. I have yet to run into any problems using it but I've found it a little harder to get used to with all the volume controls on the left ear rather than down the cord like the others are.

However, I would recommend it for anyone who wants a nice Turtle Beach headset for a low price. 

I used that on PS3 for a long time, it was good for the low price.

Wires can be a nightmare though.

I think mine stopped working after 6/8 months, but I do play a lot more often than Turtle Beach would recommend :)

It's a million times better than the PS4 ear piece... That thing sounds rough for the whole lobby and the echo from TV's is unbearable.

Edited by DavidCore89

I used that on PS3 for a long time, it was good for the low price.

Wires can be a nightmare though.

I think mine stopped working after 6/8 months, but I do play a lot more often than Turtle Beach would recommend :)

It's a million times better than the PS4 ear piece... That thing sounds rough for the whole lobby and the echo from TV's is unbearable.

I agree when you say the wires can be hell. I've had mine for a little over a year for PS3, PS4 and my PC  (Playing games like: CoD: AW & BO2, GTA IV & V etc.) and still can't keep them untangled.

I am planning on saving up for a better headset in the near future but thanks to me losing my job a couple months back I'm hoping they don't decide to one day stop working. If they do I'll just count myself as screwed because I lost my default PS4 mic.

Edited by xChaosxSniperx19
  • Like 1

Didn't read all the replies so if it's been mentioned before sorry.

Does anybody here have the PS Vita earbuds/mic and if so would you recommend them?

I've read some good reviews and wondered if anyone has used them with a PS4?

Edited by rofur

• 2 weeks later...

I currently use Turtle Beach PLa's. They were cheap. When i was gaming on ps3 the chat would cut in and out. A LOT. They use a usb and a audio component (yellow/white) cable.

After switching to the ps4 recently i can use the same headset with less chat issues. HOWEVER, now that there is no option to use the component cable and ALL the audio is supplied via USB, i no longer have the option to control the chat audio and game audio volume independantly. I find this VERY frustrating and i am looking into purchasing a new headset (which is what brought me to this thread).

So, can anyone tell me either a) a fix for this volume control issue, or b ) recommend a good quality, reasonably priced ($50-100) headset that is 100% compatible with ps4?

Edited by ems-medik

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm looking for a good allrounder... no idea if its even available.. something that I can use for the PS4 or alternatively listen to the TV with. Wireless to Ps4 and then probably wired to the TV? Wireless TV as well and rechargeable would be best?

Turtle Beach is all about the Consoles right? Was looking at the Turlte ones and can't find any TV stuff...

I want to game with it, but I also need somehting to watch TV with without incurring the wrath of "she who must be obeyed" in the evenings...

Edited by MrBump360

For the price people say the Pulse is a good bit of kit. I haven't used one and if I spent around £100 ( depends on version? ) on a headset for gaming someone special in my life would have something not too supportive to say!

As I wrote earlier in this thread I use a wired to controller one speaker only headset, it's cheap but does what it should.

ok, so... now I went and bought the Turtle stealth400... I find I am a USB port short. What to get? stick on the front 5 port hub? stand with charger and hub? Plug in Hub to place behiend? Why doesn't the PS4 have a port on the back? I thought it did... doooh.

nm, I was just out Shopping and went for an external usb hub that I can hide away and will connect a charger stand to that... tadaaa

sorry to blabber on about this....

But since the Controller Charge stand just Needs power and not USB, I now have enough USB ports on the PS4 :-P   but I will use the external hub anyway to tidy everything away. Gotta love great foresight and planning.... ahem.

• 3 months later...

Since my turtle beaches i had for about 4 years stopped working the other night just went out and picked up the sony silver headphones for ps4 and also ps3. Plus side with the app you can customize the sound profile yourself. I gave them a quick run and they seem good not as comfortable as my turtle beaches but still good. Will have to see tonight how voice quality is

Update on this these headphones only last me 7 months the top band was cracking and had to duct tape it together. Was never rough with them or anything just general usage.

So I just picked up a pair of turtle beach stealth 400 so far I like them very comfortable and I went wireless this time think I will like it better

I love my TB 400.

Tried them out quick and they are nice really missed my old turtle beaches the sony ones I just didn't like and they where uncomfortable to wear. Now I just gotta buy a USB extension so if I have to I can charge and play

I'd still recommend the Sony Gold Wireless Headset if anyone is still looking for more options.

I've had mine about a year and a half now, and have yet to have any issues at all.  Best money I've ever spent considering how many less than stellar headsets I went through prior to buying them.

• Like 1

Tried them out quick and they are nice really missed my old turtle beaches the sony ones I just didn't like and they where uncomfortable to wear. Now I just gotta buy a USB extension so if I have to I can charge and play

Trust me, you probably won't need it.

I charge my headset every few days and only one time have I received a battery low warning.  That's only because I had music playing with the bass/treble boost while gaming for many hours.  The battery is good for 15 hours.

• Like 1