Headset options and communication

JustHatched

I was grateful that the crew didn't require me to have a mic when I first joined. I did, however, see the importance of having one and picked up a cheap-ish one later. Sound isn't all that great, so I would welcome a recommendation for a new one in the $30 and under range.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

I was grateful that the crew didn't require me to have a mic when I first joined. I did, however, see the importance of having one and picked up a cheap-ish one later. Sound isn't all that great, so I would welcome a recommendation for a new one in the $30 and under range.

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/154-headset-options/

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have this one. Turtle Beach EarForce P11.

Bought it for 36€ off Amazon in mid 2013.

Nothing too fancy about it but so far no problem. Sound is good. I don't know about the mic. For those who've played with me, could you hear me correctly ? (despite my horrible french accent of course) I always wonder if people can hear me correctly, if I'm not too loud or too quiet. How's the quality from my feed ?

turtlebeach_p11_1.jpg

I have this one. Turtle Beach EarForce P11.

Bought it for 36€ off Amazon in mid 2013.

Nothing too fancy about it but so far no problem. Sound is good. I don't know about the mic. For those who've played with me, could you hear me correctly ? (despite my horrible french accent of course) I always wonder if people can hear me correctly, if I'm not too loud or too quiet. How's the quality from my feed ?

turtlebeach_p11_1.jpg

I have that same wonder with mine too. Mine are as I mentioned the Turtle Beach Earforce PX 22. I can hear everything well, however I'm often told I sound very quiet even when my feed is turned up all the way.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

You sound fine Fido. Clear.

Not sure about me. Hope I' m clear too considering how much my headset was lol.

Fido, you're good, as are you troy, same question. Am i clear (besides my accent)?

I have that same wonder with mine too. Mine are as I mentioned the Turtle Beach Earforce PX 22. I can hear everything well, however I'm often told I sound very quiet even when my feed is turned up all the way.

is your mic output maxed at 5. its under settings in the accessories tab then goto audio device settings in the xmb menu. there is where you can change it

Edited by Muskidinho04

I use mine sometimes, I just get frustrated b/c I can't hear what people are saying very well so I just don't say anything. I've got a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3

Kristen, also when you speak you are hard to hear, I have to turn mine up to hear you but then get my ears blowed out if somebody else talks,

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I use mine sometimes, I just get frustrated b/c I can't hear what people are saying very well so I just don't say anything. I've got a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3

do you have the audio mic output max out on 5 under accessory settings in the xmb menu

As with everything, make sure you're checking all of your own personal settings on the device as well as your system. Yours is wireless so there isn't an inline amp.

Check the GAME volume control as well as the CHAT volume control.

Check the Audio Device Settings in your PS3 hub (set to 5 so others can hear you better)

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Yeah level 5 all the way.

I have my chat on full as some people are very quiet, but then again I'm partially deaf in my left ear and the rest of my hearing is almost requiring a hearing aid due to exposure to amplified sounds.

I have the ps3 headset. It's basically an earpiece with a recharge stand. mine is forever in the stand. i never wear it. not many people say they cant hear me, but i often struggle to hear others while at the same time some are so loud?

I find it much better if people I'm with have a headset. Not nuch i can do if they don't so i just make the best of the situation.

I don't think they should be a pre-requisite for membership, although i think they should be encouraged to get * use them after a period of time in the crew. Another show of how dedicated they may or may not be.... Just my thoughts...

I have the ps3 headset. It's basically an earpiece with a recharge stand. mine is forever in the stand. i never wear it. not many people say they cant hear me, but i often struggle to hear others while at the same time some are so loud?

I find it much better if people I'm with have a headset. Not nuch i can do if they don't so i just make the best of the situation.

I don't think they should be a pre-requisite for membership, although i think they should be encouraged to get * use them after a period of time in the crew. Another show of how dedicated they may or may not be.... Just my thoughts...

An earpiece that doesn't need to be worn?

I must admit, I struggle to hear you but that's also due to a communication barrier, your accent is so strong lol

Looks like my settings are ok since everyone can hear me clearly.

Can others confirm that?

Some of you sound very clear while others seem very far from their mic.

Can others confirm that?

I hear you fine

Can others confirm that?

Clear for me Fido

The other thing is the quality of the mike which can have a substantial affect on things. Some people in the game sound like the bell telephone. 

If you cant hear me properly I just move it closer. the other day people could hear the whippers snipper across the road through my headset lol

Lol in that case your mic must be working fine

The other thing is the quality of the mike which can have a substantial affect on things. Some people in the game sound like the bell telephone. 

That's true but unless someone lets them know, they'll have no idea about it.

• Like 1