Headset options and communication

JustHatched

The P11's sound sweet. I'm guessing it's the same thing Rockstar were talking about with the ambient sound headset that were supposed to be a special edition GTA 5 headset?

As for the bluetooth echo, I run the wireless bluetooth Sony set and get the echo every now and then, but it's so sparse and random that I can't pin point anything except a player in the game or a random glitch. It happens maybe once every few weeks and is so quick that I barely notice. Usually when I do here it there is someone in the game that has terrible static or just a horrible mic/setup.  

alchemist3321.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

You don't use those to hook your ps3 up to the tv?

I only use hdmi, for both sound and video. Hdmi to my receiver and then another hdmi from there to my tv.

But this morning i found that other cable, and now its working.

I only use hdmi, for both sound and video. Hdmi to my receiver and then another hdmi from there to my tv.

But this morning i found that other cable, and now its working.

This was a serious pain for me too to be able to use my headset. It's whatever now but it's still cumbersome.

@Alchemist: I quite like Turtle Beach. I almost purchased a headset from the Steelseries line from Siberia, another great brand. I have the PX 22s from TB. Inline amps are neat but still bulky.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

A quick reflection after using my new headphones (the P11´s). 

What a difference!

I can hear all kinds of sounds just standing out in nowhere, and the engine sounds are just great.

The function to turn the mic on and off is also very usefull.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i bought a razer kraken 7.1 hoping that it will work on the PS3 .. boy am i wrong. now i have to wait for GTA for PS4, buy the PS4, then finally i can use it.

juventono.jpg

Been using the P11's (Turtle Beach) for a few weeks and it was a good decision. 

First time using them was a bit 'ear opening' - I'd had no idea you could hear the engine cooling down in your garage...  Having said that, I normally have the game sounds through the tv speakers and reserve the headset for voice chats (the tv is in first born's game room in the basement - seriously soundproofed).

Yours Aye,

~Bear™

I also have the Turtle Beach PX22 and it works great. I do wish it were wireless tho, for those beer runs to the fridge.

I also have the Turtle Beach PX22 and it works great. I do wish it were wireless tho, for those beer runs to the fridge.

I've recently purchased the TB PX22's, been very pleased with them so far, the sound is good (and I'm used to Bose surround and headphones) and I like the separate inline amp controls such as the independent game & chat volume; some of the engines sound great, not so much the flies.

BrianM, with the length of the supplied cables you can't be far from reaching the fridge.

+1 on the Turtle PX 22s. Have them as well. Have had them since early December too. Use them almost daily. Have shown virtually no signs of wear and tear, craftsmanship is very good here. They're comfortable initially but definitely wouldn't recommend for long time use (2+ hours). They do breathe though quite well and the addition of the inline amp is very useful. The mic is very easily adjustable and holds up well to a lot of movement over time (stays in position). Sound quality is very good (both from what I can hear and how others hear me as well).

I do plan to get a wireless set next go around whenever these breakdown (which I presume will last at least another year). Just want the convenience of a lighter quality set even if limited on a charge (too many cords for wired).

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

BrianM, with the length of the supplied cables you can't be far from reaching the fridge.

I actually would be able to reach the fridge, except I zip-tied the little amp box to my chair, so its not dangling around.

• 1 month later...

Sound is important to me so i bought the "Tritton 7.1" Headset. It also have a micro.

The surround is good. You can locate all 7 channel well (that safes my ass lot of times ^^). But all channel are close together (logic yeah) so its not that good than a real 7.1 set. 

The membrans are smal, so if you dont need surround, you better buy a 2.1 HS and will get a better sound (the bigger, the better for membrans). I cant say anything about the microphone, because i dosnt understand the people in gta. Maybee its just a wrong setting, enlgish or my ears.

Its a good HS at all and makes me lot of fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

BAD DOG!

i-dzdStQP-L.jpg

I had borrowed these from a co-worker when I started playing GTA online last winter. Last Monday my dog Quigley decided they were a great chew toy. He also ate a set of iPhone ear buds that day. So as a joke I just returned them with a note like nothing was wrong. In reality I asked him if he wants replacements or money. Funny thing is they still worked, the mic did not as he chewed that to pieces, but the sound was fine.

You wouldn't think a dog with radar dishes this big would need earphones but he just loves them.

i-TsZwpgd-L.jpg

So I now have the PlayStation Gold Wireless stereo headset which is the next version of the headset Quigley destroyed. So far they are just as good as the old ones and the mic is internal so it can't be chewed off. The mute button is harder to find though. These will work with a PS4 as well so I can still use them when I upgrade...

...if they haven't become another expensive chew toy by then. :unsure2:

• Like 5

They were selling off turtle beach headsets half price in Currys today is I got a set of PX3s. I'll let you know how they are once they charge up.

*EDIT*

Glad I only paid £40 and not the original £80....

The sound quality is OK but the volume control on the side is hopeless doing only silent, quiet or deafening, there is like 1 notch between very loud and very quiet. 

Also on the PS3, it's not just a USB connection, you need your original AV connector and there is adapter to feed the game sound into the headset. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the PS3 but it makes for a messy tangle of cables coming out of the console.

I didn't find them that comfortable either, after 90 minutes of gaming I was glad to take them off. I'm not sure I'll be using them on a regular basis.

Edited by skip_rat

• 1 month later...

i used to always use blue tooth headsets and always had echo and other interference plus i only used them to chat in game with never tried getting them to play actual game volume thru. then one day my brother in law opened my eyes to turtle beaches when i was at his house and i was hooked instantly went out and bought myself a pair couldnt believe the sounds i was missing plus dont have to worry about waking the wife or daughter up with tv volume now. now its just me chatting on the mic that wakes them up

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my PlayStation Gold wireless headset. It does not hold the charge for 15 hours like they say it will. It will last half that so it is not really a problem unless there is some super event like the PS3 Farewell.

The charge cable is way too short and has a different plug than the mini usb that charges the PS3 controllers so I have to constantly swap the 2 cables (the other USP port has the headset bluetooth dongle plugged into it). I figured out that using a 2 amp Apple charger will charge the headset from a standard outlet and I don't need to have the PS3 on but due to the short cable I have found it difficult to find a place to charge it where there's no strain on anything and it's out of reach of Quigley.

Sound quality is great people don't seem to have trouble hearing me and they are comfortable for about 2.5 hours.

Update on my PlayStation Gold wireless headset. It does not hold the charge for 15 hours like they say it will. It will last half that so it is not really a problem unless there is some super event like the PS3 Farewell.

The charge cable is way too short and has a different plug than the mini usb that charges the PS3 controllers so I have to constantly swap the 2 cables (the other USP port has the headset bluetooth dongle plugged into it). I figured out that using a 2 amp Apple charger will charge the headset from a standard outlet and I don't need to have the PS3 on but due to the short cable I have found it difficult to find a place to charge it where there's no strain on anything and it's out of reach of Quigley.

Sound quality is great people don't seem to have trouble hearing me and they are comfortable for about 2.5 hours.

I dont know if they are still around but I have an old usb extention cable I bought at Best Buy. If you could find something like that it may help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I've been suffering from a buzzing noise in my Turtle Beach P11's since switching over to the PS4 and found a way to get rid of it. Plug the headphones into a usb phone charger which is plugged into the wall socket instead of the PS4. Then plug the jack straight into the controller. Job done. :)

• Like 2

I have the turtle beach X 42 for x box but im going to get the playstation chat cable so I can use them on PS4. hands down the most awesome headset I could afford. ATM I have the playstation gold for PS4, they are good but I don't like the enclosed battery that needs to plug in. The turtle beach's I have use AAA batt and I use two sets of rechargables and switch them when needed. The PS gold also don't sound as good as the X42's and the voice/game volume control is not as good, the X42's would dim the game volume slightly when ppl were talking and go back to normal when no one was chatting and it was adjustable. The PS gold's simply you need to choose what is more loud, chat OR game. So... I like both but the X42's are much better but you will need the PS chat cable and that's an extra 10 usd.  

Does anyone use the Turtle Beach PX4?  I had these on PS3 and they worked great.  Since I switched over to PS4, I have not gotten them to pair with the transmitter.  I've tried everything in the Turtle Beach support forums, scoured the internet, etc.  For the time being I have no mic and have to keep the volume low since our surround speakers disturb my wife after she hits the rack and I'm playing the game.  :)

Does anyone use the Turtle Beach PX4?  I had these on PS3 and they worked great.  Since I switched over to PS4, I have not gotten them to pair with the transmitter.  I've tried everything in the Turtle Beach support forums, scoured the internet, etc.  For the time being I have no mic and have to keep the volume low since our surround speakers disturb my wife after she hits the rack and I'm playing the game.   :)

I just got the turtle beach px4, it works fine on my side.  I dunno what could be the problem then, if you are pairing it like the instructions say?

Picked up a Turtle Beach Elite 800 today  :).

Crazy price though... £249.

Early Christmas pressie from the Mrs.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I've been suffering from a buzzing noise in my Turtle Beach P11's since switching over to the PS4 and found a way to get rid of it. Plug the headphones into a usb phone charger which is plugged into the wall socket instead of the PS4. Then plug the jack straight into the controller. Job done. :)

Scratch that, turns out if you don't have the USB plugged into the PS4 the mic doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how many have already managed to make their old Turtlebeach headphones work with the PS4, but when doing a bit of research, I've come accross this support article on their website:

http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517594/

It includes connection diagrams on how to connect each model to the PS4 and set it up correctly in the PS4 menus.

As far as I can tell, pretty much all Turtlebeach headsets will work on PS4 as well, some may require you to buy an additional device (PS4 upgrade kit), but good news is, you don't need to buy new headsets when you switch over to PS4.

At least I have the headsets ready for the PS4, now I only need the actual console and game dics and I'm good to go... :blink:

• Like 2

Thanks for the info zmurko, good to know I can keep the PX22's when I move across. Just need to find more play time to justify the move. There's still great Crew members on PS3 so I'm in no rush just yet.