Headset options and communication

JustHatched

just got my Turtle beach PX3s in the mail but im still waiting on the analog plug for the back of the ps3 cause i use hdmi.

Im hoping they are good, they look decent enough.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

Hey guys. I currently own this PS3 wired headset which I do use a lot for gaming, but it's really almost broke. I duct-taped the head part since it broke, and it's a little loose, so I have to jiggle the wires sometimes to make sure sounds come out from both sides of the headset.

I'm looking for a new headset that will work for both PS3 and PS4. Wired's fine since it's cheaper (lols) but wireless is better since I do tend to walk in circles during heists. I'm currently hoping to buy this Playstation Silver wired headset, but I'd like to get some second opinions.

EDIT: Also it uses the audio/video cable. It's like, PS2 style, yeah.

Edited by TeammateAssist

A8FgB70.jpg

I have the PlayStation Gold Wireless and love it. It works great with my PS3 and is says it works with PS4. Super simple to use and everyone seems to be able to hear me using a normal speaking volume. Mute button takes a couple plays to memorize its location. My only gripe is the charging cord is really short.

ce28dd559d13c524451b3a772eb5d080fad02c00

Post your headset and why you like it, it may help others decide what to get.

I'll start by telling what I started with which was a simple $20 bluetooth for my phone. It pairs with the PS3 easily and worked/s quite well. I still have and will be using it again when I record gameplay so I can chat and still record the audio. Highly recommend this method if you are tight on funds and looking to chat with other gamers.

I went to the Sony PS Pulse Elite headset and it is a world better for picking up subtle ingame sounds. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier it was wonderful for picking the direction of gunfire or footsteps due to the surround sound built in the I couldnt get from the tv speakers, it really enhanced my gameplay.

They are easy to operate once you can remember what all the switches do and are wireless. High dollar but worth it to me

DEMN2.png

I bought the Sony PS Pulse Elite headset for my PS3 and when Sony finally made it work on the PS4. I loved it! About 3 months ago, it broke  at the right ear piece. It seems to be a common problem. I didn't fix it, just got set of the Gold Sonys. The Gold don't sound quite as good as the Elite, but still quite good. I really won't play a game without headsets now.

Because of this thread, I found a vid to fix the Elites that I will try.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I bought the Sony PS Pulse Elite headset for my PS3 and when Sony finally made it work on the PS4. I loved it! About 3 months ago, it broke  at the right ear piece. It seems to be a common problem. I didn't fix it, just got set of the Gold Sonys. The Gold don't sound quite as good as the Elite, but still quite good. I really won't play a game without headsets now.

Because of this thread, I found a vid to fix the Elites that I will try.

I still have my Elites, the have broke on both sides. I epoxied them together and they work fine, however Rose's Elite's quit, she bought the Gold. The Gold does lack the sound quality, but it is quite good and the Gold appears to be much more durable in construction. If I buy another headset it'll be the Gold

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Since my turtle beaches i had for about 4 years stopped working the other night just went out and picked up the sony silver headphones for ps4 and also ps3. Plus side with the app you can customize the sound profile yourself. I gave them a quick run and they seem good not as comfortable as my turtle beaches but still good. Will have to see tonight how voice quality is

I'am using my wireless stereo headset for ps3 which works for ps4. The wife bought me because of my late playing but now she complain that i can't hear her when she calls for me

I've got the turtle beach stealth 500p. Sound is great. Sound quality means a lot to me so getting some to fit that criteria was important. They are wireless, which was a must and can apparently work with PS3 and 4. The only problem is that there is an audible buzzing noise when the mic is on. When you play you can't hear it but if the game is quiet (eg, a waiting lobby or in your garage) you can hear the buzz which you just have to ignore. Bought then for £90. Could not really stump up the £250 for the top turtle beaches so this was the next choice.

I've got the turtle beach stealth 500p. Sound is great. Sound quality means a lot to me so getting some to fit that criteria was important. They are wireless, which was a must and can apparently work with PS3 and 4. The only problem is that there is an audible buzzing noise when the mic is on. When you play you can't hear it but if the game is quiet (eg, a waiting lobby or in your garage) you can hear the buzz which you just have to ignore. Bought then for £90. Could not really stump up the £250 for the top turtle beaches so this was the next choice.

Alchemic-Ink (G37) has the Stealth 500 and experienced the same issue.

There are some troubleshooting tips available via Google search.

I'm not sure how he fixed it, maybe send him a PM?

I got the Elite that you mentioned, they are £199 now, the sound quality is superb and it has so many options and custom sound banks... But it's so uncomfortable (for me) after 4 hours of gaming, the bones in my ears feel broken  :lol:.

Edited by DavidCore89

I tried few headsets in the last 4-5 years ... Now I use the TurtleBeach wireless ... Not the cheapest but really comfortable and good quality sound ... You gotta speculate if you want to accumulate (cit.)

Edited by giustoe

I have the same Gold Wireless headset as Beez.  It does in fact work for both PS3 and PS4 and the sound quality is quite good.  I assume most can hear me clearly, so I don't think there are any issues with the mic itself.  The only downside I see to having this one is the case with all wireless headsets.  You have to plan game time around recharging it, as I have found that using a higher level volume and adjusting while playing drains the internal battery.  It doesn't take that long to charge, but it can be annoying when you are planning on a long game session.

I will be picking up a backup headset in the near future with wires, as I never like to be without a headset while playing this game.

I have the same Gold Wireless headset as Beez.  It does in fact work for both PS3 and PS4 and the sound quality is quite good.  I assume most can hear me clearly, so I don't think there are any issues with the mic itself.  The only downside I see to having this one is the case with all wireless headsets.  You have to plan game time around recharging it, as I have found that using a higher level volume and adjusting while playing drains the internal battery.  It doesn't take that long to charge, but it can be annoying when you are planning on a long game session.

I will be picking up a backup headset in the near future with wires, as I never like to be without a headset while playing this game.

I'm not sure about the gold, but I have the Sony pulse elite and you can still use it while it's charging. If you run an extension lead closer to you (or have a long micro usb cable or whatever it is) then you can play and charge it at the same time.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I'm not sure about the gold, but I have the Sony pulse elite and you can still use it while it's charging. If you run an extension lead closer to you (or have a long micro usb cable or whatever it is) then you can play and charge it at the same time.

You can charge the Gold while using them.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 2 weeks later...

Alchemic-Ink (G37) has the Stealth 500 and experienced the same issue.

There are some troubleshooting tips available via Google search.

I'm not sure how he fixed it, maybe send him a PM?

I got the Elite that you mentioned, they are £199 now, the sound quality is superb and it has so many options and custom sound banks... But it's so uncomfortable (for me) after 4 hours of gaming, the bones in my ears feel broken  :lol:.

Yeah, I have heard that they mightn't be comfortable for some users. I think I have a small head for a guy or as I like to think, perfectly suited for headphone usage,  I rarely stretch my headphones out (any set) that much. 

Good to know that about the Elite. I will also google that issue; cheers very much for that.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered the Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Premium wireless headset.  Nothing wrong with my wired Turtle Beach.  Just getting tired of the baby crawling over and yanking the cord out of the PS4.

Guess I can walk over and pre-heat my oven for chicken strips now without taking off my headset.  :D

• 1 month later...

So my head set broke, the ones that come with the ps4 and I didn't really want to spend too much money. I was happy to find that not all headsets cost an arm and a leg and got the turtle beach P12 for about $30. They were on sale and usually go for about $60. I like them so far but the wires do get in the way... But it's not that big of a deal. I don't talk very much so I don't know if the mic is much of a difference but Im quite satisfied with the overall quality of the headphones.

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I use the headset that came with the PS4. Voice quality is fine but it is terribly uncomfortable. Any decent ones between 50-150?

I use the headset that came with the PS4. Voice quality is fine but it is terribly uncomfortable. Any decent ones between 50-150?

Sony Gold wireless are good and programmable with the available ap. They don't look like much, but are comfortable and sound good.

$67.36 at WallyWorld!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

There's an app for the Gold? Detail please. :)

Available at the PlayStation store thru your console

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Is that the same app for the pulse elite? I assume so. Honestly it's a bit of a gimmick. I mean it's free and you can use it but i don't find it to enhance the sound much at all. You can get the gtav profile which supposedly makes it better but it's not great by any means. They have other profiles like generic shooter and movies and music etc. only a few games have specific profiles but they don't seem to be overly great haha

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

Is that the same app for the pulse elite? I assume so. Honestly it's a bit of a gimmick. I mean it's free and you can use it but i don't find it to enhance the sound much at all. You can get the gtav profile which supposedly makes it better but it's not great by any means. They have other profiles like generic shooter and movies and music etc. only a few games have specific profiles but they don't seem to be overly great haha

Nope. It's a different one.

Well......Sony Gold is pretty fragile. Mine broke today! Playstation forum is full of the same breakage. I don't know if I should buy another set or find some other brand!

No damn big head comments either! : SHOUT :

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Nope. It's a different one.

Well......Sony Gold is pretty fragile. Mine broke today! Playstation forum is full of the same breakage. I don't know if I should buy another set or find some other brand!

No damn big head comments either! : SHOUT :

Mine are also on their way out. I have only had them for a year (decent amount of use though) and they have cracks just above the ear cups. It's an extremely common problem so I would probably advise anyone to stay away from them unless they only want them for a year. I also look after them very well so I was disappointed to see them breaking.

I will try to fix them myself to extend the life of it cause I don't have the money to get a new pair, and if I do it will be a much better quality one which will cost a lot more.

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

My previous headset was just an earpiece, however.. after I 'broke' it by sitting on it, a mate of mine made sure it was broken by throwing it across the room.. (To my surprise, the mic still worked for a short time afterwards, the connection was just a bit dodgy - no surprise there). 

I ended up buying a wireless sony headset, (last year) which I think ended up costing me around $70-100, with built in surround sound and voice/sound adjustability, probably the best thing I bought - works a charm and is incredibly comfortable, even after a long period of time.. only downside, if you have sound adjustments on loud, the battery runs out quite quickly. You also learn very quickly if you accidentally sit on it and the mic piece is out lol.