Headset options and communication

JustHatched

I didn't know my headset quality was bad someone brought it to my attention. I love the new headset and have gotten nothing but good things now. The problem we run into is nobody wants to offend someone so i never knew it was bad.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

I use mine sometimes, I just get frustrated b/c I can't hear what people are saying very well so I just don't say anything. I've got a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3

Kristen, also when you speak you are hard to hear, I have to turn mine up to hear you but then get my ears blowed out if somebody else talks,

do you have the audio mic output max out on 5 under accessory settings in the xmb menu

As with everything, make sure you're checking all of your own personal settings on the device as well as your system. Yours is wireless so there isn't an inline amp.

Check the GAME volume control as well as the CHAT volume control.

Check the Audio Device Settings in your PS3 hub (set to 5 so others can hear you better)

Yeah level 5 all the way.

I have my chat on full as some people are very quiet, but then again I'm partially deaf in my left ear and the rest of my hearing is almost requiring a hearing aid due to exposure to amplified sounds.

Kristen, I can never hear you when you talk. I agree with all of this.

Dodgeservice.png

ok, thanks. I found that my volume was set to 3, so I set it to 5. That should help. Also when I was playing last night I turned the game volume down a bit and chat up. I can hear people much better!

• Like 1

I bought a cheap USB mic and headphones adapter for $2.35 bucks but can only hear chat with crew member's which is loud and unadjustable, but can't hear no sound effects or anything else . I would rather have them out at the moment, hopefully its just a settings issue.

I bought a cheap USB mic and headphones adapter for $2.35 bucks but can only hear chat with crew member's which is loud and unadjustable, but can't hear no sound effects or anything else . I would rather have them out at the moment, hopefully its just a settings issue.

$2.35? What is it? Two cups joined by string? :P
  • Like 2

USB mics usually provide no game sound, unless its high end Sennheiser stuff.

$2.35? What is it? Two cups joined by string? :P

I love that  :lol:

• Like 1

I had the ps3 headset for a long time and when it crapped out I bought a turtle beach that plugs in so no need to charge...I love it.

My Turtle Beach died last night for no reason and the PS3 won't detect it, it's under warranty though :)

Using an uncomfortable PS headset for now and have to suffer buckled ears   :angry:

Edited by DavidCore89

I merged the 2 headset topics into one, both were basically saying the same thing.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The other day I bought the Elite Gaming Headseat from DreamGrear, but it did not work with my TV.  It also received less than favorable reviews on Amazon.com

I'm currently using the PS3 Chat Headset.  I'm still trying to get used to it, and I think I have figured out the volume level issue.  Although Rev said I sounded a bit robotic, and I've yet to figure out if that is a setting issue or just my normal voice. :D

• Like 2

I just picked a turtle beach p11 headset and wow, what a difference from my other set. The cara all sound different and I can hear ambient noise in game now.

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

• 1 month later...

I just picked a turtle beach p11 headset and wow, what a difference from my other set. The cara all sound different and I can hear ambient noise in game now.

I came here to say the exact same thing!

Flies buzzing round your head, the ticking of a cooling engine and the different exhaust notes of the cars, I've missed out on so much...

• Like 1

I had a question if anyone has this issue -- do any of you hear yourself on the Bluetooth/headset -- i have a Bluetooth and whenever I speak into it -- I can hear what I just said in the Bluetooth -- like a second or two later!  Its really weird -- is that like psychological or something wrong with the Bluetooth?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I had a question if anyone has this issue -- do any of you hear yourself on the Bluetooth/headset -- i have a Bluetooth and whenever I speak into it -- I can hear what I just said in the Bluetooth -- like a second or two later!  Its really weird -- is that like psychological or something wrong with the Bluetooth?

I often get a delay of my own speech, just like you.

I don't think it's always caused by your headset, although it can be.

I noticed that certain people I play with it happens all the time, to the point where I turn my mic off because I don't like my accent lol.

Is this happening with all people you talk to or just one or two?

If it's all people then it must be your headset or you could try the echo canceler in the XMB menu, although what your experiencing is delay and not echo.

Some people play with a mic turned on and their TV turned up, often because their headset does not produce game sound - in this case you'll hear yourself back through their mic after you voice comes out of their TV if that makes sense lol.

That's why headsets which produce game sounds are better because you'll not hear yourself or game music through other players mics but there's always someone with a low quality mic and a TV turned up.

I don't really know how to explain this, but I can hear myself through other people's headset at times.  I think it depends on whether or not they have the chat sound running through their TV set.  It really throws me off, and when I hear it, I find myself having to stop speaking in mid-sentence until I can remove the headset or they turn down their volume.

Some people play with a mic turned on and their TV turned up, often because their headset does not produce game sound - in this case you'll hear yourself back through their mic after you voice comes out of their TV if that makes sense lol.

That's why headsets which produce game sounds are better because you'll not hear yourself or game music through other players mics but there's always someone with a low quality mic and a TV turned up.

This! ^^

Mine doesn't produce in-game sound, but I keep my volume lower.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 headset last night. Before that I always used either a Bluetooth earpiece or the cheapo Sony USB headset. I can't believe how much of the in-game sounds I've been missing. That Sabre Turbo sounds like pure sex now. I tried them out on several different games, and everything sounds so much different. They're quite comfortable as well. I had them on for about 4 hours straight, and barely realized they were there.

• Like 3

I bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 headset last night. Before that I always used either a Bluetooth earpiece or the recommendony USB headset. I can't believe how much of the in-game sounds I've been missing. That Sabre Turbo sounds like pure sex now. I tried them out on several different games, and everything sounds so much different. They're quite comfortable as well. I had them on for about 4 hours straight, and barely realized they were there.

Bought some of these a couple of weeks ago and they're brilliant. I even enjoy the music now instead of it just being irritating. Never noticed the ticking stickies before! Highly recommend these to everyone .

• Like 1

Used to have these, but they were though on my ears (like a small rock).

ps3+playstation+3+official+voice+chat+bl

Now i have these (EX-03), feels alot better. I have a speaker set-up since i dont use these alot.

Gioteck-Ex-03.jpg

Edit: couldnt resist the good reviews (cant wait to try them tonight) , so i just got me a pair of the Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 

Edited by lann3fors

The P11 is good. Nice sound quality and not bad comfort for a cheaper headset. The build materials seem a bit on the cheap side so I'm a little uncertain on how long they will last. Overall, I'm very satisfied with mine after moving up from a smaller voice only headset. If these are your first than you may be surprised at all of the extra sounds in the game.

kQ4fIRp.png

Just a dissapointment when you realize the usb alone isnt enough to get headset working, seems i need to digg up some old ps3 audiocable from whothehekk knows where.. (or maybe i just got it all wrong, will use google).

Just a dissapointment when you realize the usb alone isnt enough to get headset working, seems i need to digg up some old ps3 audiocable from whothehekk knows where.. (or maybe i just got it all wrong, will use google).

Yeah you'll need both cables.

post-74-0-50263000-1402173745_thumb.jpg

I do believe there are some wired headsets that work with just the USB cable. I could be wrong. My next set will be wireless though.

But yeah the basic A/V cable that came with your PS3 does the trick too.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Thinking about getting these, I read loads of great reveiws on them

tin-can-telephone.jpg

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

You don't use those to hook your ps3 up to the tv?

kQ4fIRp.png