Headset options and communication

JustHatched

Post your headset and why you like it, it may help others decide what to get.

I'll start by telling what I started with which was a simple $20 bluetooth for my phone. It pairs with the PS3 easily and worked/s quite well. I still have and will be using it again when I record gameplay so I can chat and still record the audio. Highly recommend this method if you are tight on funds and looking to chat with other gamers.

I went to the Sony PS Pulse Elite headset and it is a world better for picking up subtle ingame sounds. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier it was wonderful for picking the direction of gunfire or footsteps due to the surround sound built in the I couldnt get from the tv speakers, it really enhanced my gameplay.

They are easy to operate once you can remember what all the switches do and are wireless. High dollar but worth it to me

DEMN2.png

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• JustHatched

• Pb76

I have the play station version below yours hatched mine have the 7.1 surround built in as well, it's plus and play can charge WHILE in use just like your controller and you won't beat the price for a wireless headset at 100$ it's the best bang for your buck all around

Future is nothing but a series of probability

i had the turtle beach px21's had them for 4 years but the left speaker went out. i tried to fix them last night and died. once i start working again might be looking at the new Sony headset gold edition or astro a40's possibly the a50's(same as a40's but there wireless) if they fixed some of the issues they had

PS4-Firmware-Update-1-6-Coming-Soon-Acco

pdp_a40_wired_astro_black_1.jpg

Edited by Muskidinho04

I have Turtle Beach PX5's and they are slowly developing issues with one side going off every few weeks, It's so uncomfortable too and can also be pretty painful on the ears if you've had it on for a long session.

Around £100 new and I would not recommend, not even to my worst enemy lol. 

Shame Sennheiser do not put the same high quality into their gaming headsets as they do with the DJ headphones.

Think I'm gonna get an official PS Headset this week, maybe the pulse, the best price I can find is £119.99 as I don't use ebay at all, but it's out of stock right now  :(

I have sennheisers. But I have the right ear off so I can hear the game sound through the stereo. Obviously not the PS3/consoles dedicated one.

Edited by Troysayshi

I have Turtle Beach PX5's and they are slowly developing issues with one side going off every few weeks, It's so uncomfortable too and can also be pretty painful on the ears if you've had it on for a long session.

Around £100 new and I would not recommend, not even to my worst enemy lol. 

Shame Sennheiser do not put the same high quality into their gaming headsets as they do with the DJ headphones.

Think I'm gonna get an official PS Headset this week, maybe the pulse, the best price I can find is £119.99 as I don't use ebay at all, but it's out of stock right now  :(

really i had px21 and i could wear them for hours. i had to clean the ear pads once and a while just from sweat and the salt that comes off your head. i tired a pair of px5's and they fit me pretty good and i have a big head lol.

Lol "a big head"  :)

The PX5's are supposed to be really good which was why I grabbed them.

I probably have the most f****d up ears ever, not visually but somewhere inside maybe.

The price of the PX5's in UK is slightly more than the PS Pulse Elite, I can't see why though.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

any1 know if the ps3 bluetooth headset is any good, its about $30 too.

ps3%20bluetooth%20headset15.jpg

This is what I use, sound quality is spot on but it hurts my ear after a while

well i had bought a headset the other day with a thin plastic neckband, but apperently the company that made it thinks ppls heads r only 3 inches wide, the thing crushes my skull! so i'm thinking of trying that one

Post your headset and why you like it, it may help others decide what to get.

I'll start by telling what I started with which was a simple $20 bluetooth for my phone. It pairs with the PS3 easily and worked/s quite well. I still have and will be using it again when I record gameplay so I can chat and still record the audio. Highly recommend this method if you are tight on funds and looking to chat with other gamers.

I went to the Sony PS Pulse Elite headset and it is a world better for picking up subtle ingame sounds. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier it was wonderful for picking the direction of gunfire or footsteps due to the surround sound built in the I couldnt get from the tv speakers, it really enhanced my gameplay.

They are easy to operate once you can remember what all the switches do and are wireless. High dollar but worth it to me

DEMN2.png

Need some help if possible please -- I have a bluetooth and connected it to my ps3 -- but thats as far as I got -- I tried to change audio stuff in ps3 -- but I am not sure what to do -- its not working in game?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I will hook mine up refresh my memory if you need me to. But I did find this, maybe it'll help you http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/How-To-Connect-Your-Bluetooth-Headset-To-Your-PS3-Guide/td-p/15262967

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I will hook mine up refresh my memory if you need me to. But I did find this, maybe it'll help you http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/How-To-Connect-Your-Bluetooth-Headset-To-Your-PS3-Guide/td-p/15262967

Thank you -- I can hear in my Bluetooth i just haven't tried talking to anybody yet

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I just bought the Turtle Beach PLA, under $50 incl. tax.

- It's an entry level headset with separate chat & game volume control & mic mute.

- Not wireless, but the cable is quite long.  Took me less than 5 mins to set up.

- So far it's comfortable, I've been wearing it for over an hour and I kinda forget I'm wearing it.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-pla/343

• Like 1

I am using the Steelseries SIberia headset. It's a headset created for pc gaming but it can be used for Ps3 obviously. I am not currently using it because i don't have an adapter for the Headset and Mic but i will do as soon as the game capture thingy arrives.

http://kkcdn-static.kaskus.co.id/images/2013/03/11/4459855_20130311112510.jpg

The thing about headsets is that you don't have to spend a lot of money depending on the game you are playing. For example, i used to play games such as Half Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2 and you needed a good headset in order to listen to enemy's footsteps. This is not necessary in GTA. So, theoretically any1 headset will do for a ps3 game.

For those interested in spending a respectable amount on a headset, i strongly recommend Sennheiser. These guys are pros when it comes to sound.

Edited by Debaser

i use turtle beach PLa for Ps3 they are very handy cause they have usb and RCA plugins and good sound quality, you can adjust Chat and Mic voice volume from headset

and they are only about 40€/$ so it has good quality vs price

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-pla/343

bit off topic

on PC i use Sennheiser PC320 G4ME, good sound quality and very good mic quality so it is good if you make gaming videos for examble and they cost about 80€ / $ but they are worth it

also as backup ASUS Echelon Headset, Average Quality on Sound and mic is bit too sensitive with some soundcards but still good choice and price is about 80€ / $

Any suggestions for a decent but cheap headset, I had bought one on Amazon but it was naff. It didnt work at all and I end up sending it back. I play GTA in Dolby Digital in full surround sound and I do like it loud. Is there a mute setting so there is no constant noise going through the mic?  I have noticed some people on servers have full on sound coming through their mics and it is a bit unpleasant on the ears sometimes. I really wouldn't want to inflict that to someone if I could help it. Well that and I find myself singing to the music and shouting at the bad drivers B)

I started another thread in off topic about headsets :huh: . I never thought to look here, I looked everywhere else.  I will have a better look in the morning.

I merged your topic you started into the one we had already.

• Like 1

Went straight for the Sony headset, I think it's the pulse: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-wireless-stereo-headset-for-playstation-3/3158734.p?id=1218380513197&skuId=3158734&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3158734&extensionType=%7Badtype%7D:%7Bnetwork%7D&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!%7Bkeyword%7D!%7Bmatchtype%7D!%7Badwords_producttargetid%7D!%7Bnetwork%7D!%7Bifmobile:M%7D!%7Bcreative%7D&kpid=3158734&k_clickid=250c1c9d-1ddf-6f08-9bf6-0000302e97d0

Pricey at $99, but I love it. Comfortable, wireless, and the control switches are ideal. Really good for movies too.

My only gripe is charging. When my oldschool 60g bit the dust I got one of the slim models, but it only has two usb inserts. Being wireless, one port needs to be to connect and the other is usually charging an extra controller.

Anyone have a good method for charging controllers and headsets that aren't directly connected to the PS3?

alchemist3321.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Davidcore charges his with his aura

Haha are you gonna start again?

on topic, I use a turtlebeach p11, cheap and works for me.

PS3 Afterglow Headset: this is the infernal unit that makes the deafening beeping noise when I turn it on. Some of you have heard this.

801067b.jpg

Dodgeservice.png