What was the most recent thing you bought?

JustHatched

4 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Grabbed the Gen 2 Stealth 700 today as the 600 goes out of stock too fast.

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen Wireless PS4, PS5 Headset Black 0

Oooooohhh...you gonna egg-nog when ya hear my voice in those. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Luckily I'm single, no explanations needed. To be fair, this is probably one of the reasons why I am single :classic_laugh:

Sounds like ya needs to find a girl that likes shoes as much as you. That shant be too hard. Ya can even start an app together.

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Xr131MV.jpg

treated myself to a new torch (flashlight) for work. It’s only 5 inches long, but it’s f*cking bright! Apparently it’s used by the cops. 

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, Sinister said:

Bought my first gaming PC.

76778212_10220492510847835_7582007442389

9th Gen Intel i7-9700K 

16GB DDR4 Ram

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super 8GB GPU

1TB M.2 SSD

Corsair K70 Low Profile, Rapidfire Keyboard

Logitech G502 SE Mouse with Corsair MM350 XL Extended pad.

Dell 27" QHD 2560x1440  @144Hz Monitor

I have wanted to do this for a couple of years. Now the TV is free for the family to watch their silly shows and I can play games :)

Today I began ordering good parts to combine the CPU and GPU from this thing to make a better gaming rig.

The PC has been great for gaming and was my window into this realm. That said, it is still just a DELL prebuilt and they cut as many corners as they could. The tiny case has poor airflow and one tiny fan that sounds like a jet just playing GTAO, lol. They made sure to say that it was an upgradeable setup that made staying current easy but it was a lie. The PSU is only 460watt and it takes a special DELL only MB connection, SMH. Nvidia recommends a 650 minimum for the 3070 and 750 for a 3080. Special MB that ONLY fits in this case and the case is TINY.

Should have done this originally because PC parts are stupid cheap when compared to what one pays for a prebuilt. Oh well, I have learned a lot.

Sadly, much like the ps5, finding a 30 series NVIDIA GPU is impossible so I will be using my current 20 series for the time being.

RKSTGUh.jpg

Because paying a shipping fee of USD $40 each to ship a $0.70 mosfet & $0.57 resistor to repair my PS4 Power Supply for some reason just doesn't seem to be practical.

Game 🎮 Pass Ultimate here I come.

• Like 2

Ouch. If cruises were running I would of booked one and brought the parts to you,

The Xbox is a good console though and GP is a great service with some good games, EA Play makes it even better.

Sadly I just cancelled mine because they pushed EAPlay back to "sometime" in 2021 on PC.

24 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Ouch. If cruises were running I would of booked one and brought the parts to you,

The Xbox is a good console though and GP is a great service with some good games, EA Play makes it even better.

Sadly I just cancelled mine because they pushed EAPlay back to "sometime" in 2021 on PC.

All the sites seem to only ship via fedex,dhl or an expensive shipping service instead of just using usps post in a simple envelope. I think they are geared to businesses that buy in bulk when it comes to  international shipping.

akdynFY.jpg

Got some new work boots. Steel toe and composite mid sole protection but with a trainer (sneaker) type sole. Ideal when I’m working in houses and offices and save my old boots for the dirtier jobs. They’re so much more comfortable and lighter than my other ones. 😁

• Like 5

A bit pic/sh*t heavy.

Spoiler

Not something I bought but today a Christmas present finally arrived from the States.

Nzh4Hus.jpg

Of course, it's the jersey of Luka the Don!

aav6HDc.jpg

To be clear, that's not Luka but some pale Dane.

Now I just need to learn how to play basketball. Or more realistic, grow 40 cm.

Boban Marjanović Dunk GIF - BobanMarjanović Dunk Standing GIFs

BTW, that's not Luka either.

luka modric gifs | WiffleGif

That's Luka. But the wrong one...

Funny penguin GIF on GIFER - by Sirathis

Now, that's just some penguins chasing a snowball...

Luka Doncic Already Looking Like One of NBA's All-Time Great Teenagers |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

That's Luka! Sorry... The photo of the jersey had probably been sufficient.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bought some more stuff and put it all together over the weekend.  Combined it with some parts from my DELL and viola.

138384449_191974379277185_29241580222580

138373467_191974412610515_37822812541299

138890317_191974332610523_88014661168306

Corsair 4000D Airflow 

Corsair AF120 x5

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

Intel i7-9700K

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black

Corsair RM850x

Corsair Vengeance LPX  DDR4  16GB  3000 MHz  C15

Western Digital   SN750  SSD    1TB and 500MB

Kioxia SSD 1TB

Western Digital   HDD   2TB

It is up and running and while not working I have been cleaning up things and reinstalling games and such. Hopefully I can play something soon.

Also bought a 1500VA/900W UPS.

Shout out to Best Buy of all places. They had everything I needed but the Motherboard.

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 4

I suppose technically I bought these, for my wife, since it was my card that paid for them. But I'm posting here because I have to post this somewhere.

The most extreme and stupid example I have ever seen of Amazon over-packaging.

The small set of stickers, about the size of 1 page of book, was packed inside the box shown. Not only that, she ordered 3 of them and they each came in a separate box!

Image preview

Went to Best Buy today to see if they had some Corsair LED fans in blue.

Ended up walking out with 16 more GB of RAM for the PC and a 70" LG TV.

139330189_194351579039465_66792333608312

Finally had to upgrade the stand as well. Bought the last one in 2012 and TVs this large weren't really around so it wouldn't fit.

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 11:21 PM, Sinister said:

Went to Best Buy today to see if they had some Corsair LED fans in blue.

Going to need some PC pics once it’s all lit up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Going to need some PC pics once it’s all lit up. 

They did not have them but I found them on Amazon. Have to put a str*p in the case to get some light in there. 

Won’t go as far as some folks though because it can get expensive quick. I keep everything Blue anyways so the one color LED fans are perfect.