What was the most recent thing you bought?

JustHatched

@WasHatched bought his first vehicle today with money he earned himself. A 91 Dodge Dakota, no rust or dents, 318 V8, 142k miles for 800 bucks. He turns 16 in a year, plenty of time to go thru it and fix anything needing fixed

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

10 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Size-3-Midi-Nappies-Lupilu-31.png

So glad its you and not me. I don't miss the diaper days

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this will help with the amount of sleep I get and lessen the pain.

spacer.png

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

13 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Maybe this will help with the amount of sleep I get and lessen the pain.

spacer.png

Well, one night in and happy as hell with the mattress purchased. I'm sure I would have layed my head down and woke up in the morning if it wasn't damn sinus congestion. I woke up with no pain and despite the sinus waking me, I felt pretty rested. So far a good investment.

I'm optimistic on my sleep improving over the next month or so with my body getting used to the new bed.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

5 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Well, one night in and happy as hell with the mattress purchased. I'm sure I would have layed my head down and woke up in the morning if it wasn't damn sinus congestion. I woke up with no pain and despite the sinus waking me, I felt pretty rested. So far a good investment.

I'm optimistic on my sleep improving over the next month or so with my body getting used to the new bed.

A decent bed and mattress is one of the most important purchases you can make. 

It’s always worth investing in the best possible combination that you can afford. 

Saying that, there’s not a lot of point spending most of your budget on a great looking frame and going cheap on the mattress. A better mattress is more important than the frame it sits on although having the right frame can improve the performance of the mattress especially if its a memory foam style one.

Many of these new mattress dealers will offer you a 3 month trial on the mattress. If you find that it’s not the right style for you then you can send it back no problem. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

A decent bed and mattress is one of the most important purchases you can make. 

It’s always worth investing in the best possible combination that you can afford. 

Saying that, there’s not a lot of point spending most of your budget on a great looking frame and going cheap on the mattress. A better mattress is more important than the frame it sits on although having the right frame can improve the performance of the mattress especially if its a memory foam style one.

Many of these new mattress dealers will offer you a 3 month trial on the mattress. If you find that it’s not the right style for you then you can send it back no problem. 

I've got 100 days to test this mattress. I don't think it will take that long for me to choose if I keep it. For my body size and weight, this mattress seems to be perfect. I'm not a fan of memory foam. I don't like the way it tends to restrict your movements and tending to sleep hot.

The unique top layer material is what separates this mattress from others. It has the "give" that needed for no pressure points, but doesn't restrict you any and very cool sleeping.. It does have a 10 year warranty so hopefully it will stand up to the use.

I don't think sleeping position matters much. I felt very comfortable in every position with no pressure points at all.

It's the first mattress I've bought without testing it in the store. I think it's a huge leap of faith to buy something without laying on it first. As of this morning I have no buyer's remorse.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 6/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, zztop911 said:

I've got 100 days to test this mattress. I don't think it will take that long for me to choose if I keep it. For my body size and weight, this mattress seems to be perfect. I'm not a fan of memory foam. I don't like the way it tends to restrict your movements and tending to sleep hot.

The unique top layer material is what separates this mattress from others. It has the "give" that needed for no pressure points, but doesn't restrict you any and very cool sleeping.. It does have a 10 year warranty so hopefully it will stand up to the use.

I don't think sleeping position matters much. I felt very comfortable in every position with no pressure points at all.

It's the first mattress I've bought without testing it in the store. I think it's a huge leap of faith to buy something without laying on it first. As of this morning I have no buyer's remorse.

If it wasn't for the remaining effects the allergic reaction, random coughing,  I'd lay my head down and 7 or 8hrs later I'd pick it back up.

I'm getting DEEP sleep with this mattress.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 5 months later...

21 gallons of distilled water!

I'm doing a coolant system and oil cooler back flush in my truck and switching over to a silicate free coolant..............not one of Ford's "Better Ideas"! LOL!

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Bought my first gaming PC.

76778212_10220492510847835_7582007442389

9th Gen Intel i7-9700K 

16GB DDR4 Ram

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super 8GB GPU

1TB M.2 SSD

Corsair K70 Low Profile, Rapidfire Keyboard

Logitech G502 SE Mouse with Corsair MM350 XL Extended pad.

Dell 27" QHD 2560x1440  @144Hz Monitor

I have wanted to do this for a couple of years. Now the TV is free for the family to watch their silly shows and I can play games :)

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Nice. If I wanted a gaming computer, I'd build it myself.  I've built quite a few  friends and family. The only PCs I've bought were laptops

Because Fat Buds Matter!

39 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Nice. If I wanted a gaming computer, I'd build it myself.  I've built quite a few  friends and family. The only PCs I've bought were laptops

Would have done that if I had the spare funds laying around. Have been using DELL products for decades and they have always been good to us. 5 year warranties on everything is a plus. 

This is their newest line and is user friendly and can be upgraded by ones self. This is just to get me started :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought the omnibus edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, all five books.  I haven't read these since I was a kid so I'm looking forward to getting all nostalgic.

Bring a towel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After 3.5 years, my old Moto Droid battery was messing up too often. I don't buy expensive phones! I have laptops for real computing and surfing the net when at home. I got a unlocked Motorolla Moto G7 Power. It was only $199, but I used mt Rewards and got the phone, cover and two screen protectors for less than $150. I don't have phone contracts because I think contracts are good for those that get new phones more often than I do and use the phone for more things than I do.

This phone has better speakers for my deaf ass!

edit.............Speakers are great for ringing or alerts, but absolutely blows ass for any other use!!!!!!! This may be a dealbreaker!:GRIMACE:

spacer.png

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Bought a truck today, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 71000 miles on it. Will post pics when I take some 

11 hours ago, Hatch said:

Bought a truck today, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 71000 miles on it. Will post pics when I take some 

2.2 or 4.3? Manual or Auto? Double cabin or single? What color?

That is a cool car anyway, but, given the right answers above, might become quite valuable in the near future...