What was the most recent thing you bought?

JustHatched

11 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Squirrel : A friend of mine got 10179 a couple years back. Don't know if you've seen it IRL before but I can tell you it is HUGE !!! 

IIRC, he got the parts separately on the internet, and found the instructions online. Cost him more than a month salary. 

I actually didn't pay attention if it was genuine Lego or some Lepin rip-off. I was so amazed by the thing I didn't care about that at the time. 

I do hope it is the real deal considering how much he paid for it... 

I can't be certain due to the photo resolution but my instinct is that it does look like Lepin or other non official brand. I can't see any Lego text on the studs which is the big giveaway. Personally I prefer the cleaner studs and the new version of the Falcon has less studs exposed as well so the differences will be even harder to spot. It's not good if you think you're paying the high price for official Lego bricks and actually getting a cheaper version but even at the quantities required for this model it would still be a substantial outlay to purchase all the bricks separately. 

I seem to see some writings on the bricks in my other pics but I wouldn't say for sure. 

I wish I could have it though, even if it is Lepin and not Lego. 

In the meantime, I'm still happy with my current collection : 

qJML5lw.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2 PS4's and and XB1, kids will be happy come Dec 25

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Falcon Update. 

I’ve got most of my scene created now and added lights. I just need to finish off the table and add the glass.

nnGRy7w.jpg

Kia3MRa.jpg

IaaJfWJ.jpg

HuDd6LR.jpg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went fucking mental in Waterstones earlier.  Bought the following books:

Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights by Salman Rushdie

Familiar Things by Hwang Sok-Yong 

Breakfast with the Borgias by DBC Pierre

The Secret History by Donna Tartt

A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch

The Black Prince by Iris Murdoch

Phone by Will Self

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami 

and Brighton Rock by Graham Greene

I just couldn’t stop picking the fuckers up and not putting them down :D 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Put the IKEA drawer together thats been halway done for weeks. Celebrated by ordering a tv to put on top of it. Now i can loose sleep in the creator again. Tv: Samsung UE40NU7125 for £472, I think its a good deal, I can pick it up tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Bought two of these so we can keep an eye on our boy since a canine influenza epidemic has hit the boarding facility and they have closed for a week. We thought he would bark all day if we left him home alone and is why we never left him home alone before, but he is adapting just fine. Today was the 2nd day he was left home alone and we couldn't be happier with these pet cams. Sure the audio isn't always clear due to the wi-fi but it's priceless being able to peek in at him. 

2tv7Cag.jpg

bOaRmHC.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I've posted this already.. but I bought this and have only used it once then packed it up again.. only because the cords are super long and I've no good set up in the room I'm currently in to really have a place for this.. it's fucking awesome though.. clarity FTW

Image result for a40 with mixamp

13 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Got me the same X-Wing 3 months ago but that Super Star Destroyer is insane !

The X-Wing is actually a brand new release. Only came out in August. Comes with Luke and Biggs. 

14 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The X-Wing is actually a brand new release. Only came out in August. Comes with Luke and Biggs. 

Ah I have the previous one then.

8 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Have you seen the new Cloud City set coming out?

Yeah looks big but I'm not fan of sets like this that recreate scenes from the movies. I prefer spaceships or vehicles ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...