Gran Turismo 6

DavidCore89

No problem  ;).

Just improved my time with the Aston, I doubt I can improve with the Nissan any further.

Hopefully when I check out some lobbies tonight there will be people racing the Vision cars as they are new to the game.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

PSA.....latest update is a solid 1 hour 2.1GB download/install

2 new Vision GT cars

Caliper painting available

More cars available with racing #'s and wider selection of styles

I was actually just thinking the last time I logged on how much I wished we could paint the racing brakes' calipers. Nice surprise.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

PSA.....latest update is a solid 1 hour 2.1GB download/install

2 new Vision GT cars

Caliper painting available

More cars available with racing #'s and wider selection of styles

I was actually just thinking the last time I logged on how much I wished we could paint the racing brakes' calipers. Nice surprise.

I'm delighted with the caliper paint and racing numbers, still yet to apply them though.

The vision cars are very cool to look at, the Nissan suffers from heavy understeer, but that Aston is awesome in almost every way.

I did about 20 online races today.

Took about 30 mins to find a lobby with good restrictions but when I finally did - it was so competitive, from NASCAR to lightweights.

Didn't win a race though, had a few 2nd's and 3rd's.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed the Tsukuba time trial seasonal. It was good fun, but is it just me or is it a lot easier to attain the gold time in these events now?

Multi-Monitor display issue
An issue related to the Multi-Monitor feature which was causing the system to hang has been fixed. Please note this issue occurred only after Update 1.10 was installed, and did not affect previous versions of the game.

Improvements to Open Lobby
The search algorithm used to find available rooms has been improved and more rooms can now be displayed.

Yeah, just read the patch notes.

There was me hoping they had released the course maker...

Oh shit, is that coming?

Dodgeservice.png

I hope so, they have spoke about it for long enough but still no news on when it will come.

Perhaps that will be next-gen, who knows.

I hope so, they have spoke about it for long enough but still no news on when it will come.

Perhaps that will be next-gen, who knows.

I really hope they don't wait till next gen , as it was one of the core functions they promised b4 the game was released, and I think it would add some great variety by adding some new tracks in the game. I know it was in gt5 but don't know how creative you could be with it and if players created some real gems of tracks or not Edited by rikster1a

Yeah it will come. Just like heists :P

Seriously, we've seen a few of the course maker in action but if it's anything like GT5, it will sucks big time.

Would be too bad as they promised huge areas to build tracks.

Something like 10 square kilometers IIRC.

The course maker was very basic in GT5.

The possibilities could be awesome. 

Edited by DavidCore89

Seems like a real coursemaker would be almost a game upon itself in terms of the amount of data and programming. Track design from scratch is a huge undertaking....it can very easily be screwed up and you end up with abominations like 90% of the "tracks" in GTA.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yeah it will come. Just like heists :P

Seriously, we've seen a few of the course maker in action but if it's anything like GT5, it will sucks big time.

Would be too bad as they promised huge areas to build tracks.

Something like 10 square kilometers IIRC.

Yeah I was hoping for some tracks ala gta5 ie really creative and fun tracks , or at the very least at least some fun new tracks. Don't know why they're holding back so long though , from what. I heard was the course maker not there from release on gt5 ?

Fido I really hope it's not like the heists hype , otherwise we'll be having this conversation again a year from now :D

I think the developers of GT are more than capable of delivering the course maker and much more, I have more faith in them in comparison to R*. 

The course maker was very basic in GT5.

The possibilities could be awesome.

Seems like a real coursemaker would be almost a game upon itself in terms of the amount of data and programming. Track design from scratch is a huge undertaking....it can very easily be screwed up and you end up with abominations like 90% of the "tracks" in GTA.

What was it like in gt5 ? , was it just a few set templates to choose from ?

HC I agree it's probably a big job but they're fast coming up to nearly a year from release, and if they were to release it then it would surely garner a lot of interest and prolong longevity in the game

It was basically a randomizer. You clicked and it pooped out a track on a random piece of terrain. You could adjust the # of sectors & corners, the width of the track, sharpness of turns, corner banking....all by sector...but you had no control of the terrain, and if you made too radical of a change to some parameters, the track would regenerate into something else to accomodate your change

handcuff_charlie.jpg

In GT5, tracks were generated automaticaly. You could only set up the width of the road, an approximate number of turn, the lenght of your track and the difficulty of the turns.

Then the game generated a track based on your setting.

You could choose from 5 or 6 environments.

I for one am really looking foward to that feature so that we can get some new tracks. I mean don't get me wrong , I know a lot of people won't be happy whatever updates at released but I do appreciate that both for gt6 and gta online they release updates and dlc periodically free of charge , whereas if you look at games like call of duty .. A seasons pass will set you back more than the current price of the game itself

It was basically a randomizer. You clicked and it pooped out a track on a random piece of terrain. You could adjust the # of sectors & corners, the width of the track, sharpness of turns, corner banking....all by sector...but you had no control of the terrain, and if you made too radical of a change to some parameters, the track would regenerate into something else to accomodate your change

In GT5, tracks were generated automaticaly. You could only set up the width of the road, an approximate number of turn, the lenght of your track and the difficulty of the turns.

Then the game generated a track based on your setting.

You could choose from 5 or 6 environments.

Aha , I understand now, so it was a lot more template based :( I had in mind something a little more carte Blanche . But I wouldn't care if they released it in a beta form at least to get it started and then just updated and improved it each time, at least to get the ball rolling, but we shall see

• Like 1