Gran Turismo 6

DavidCore89

Yeah that would be much better.

I also agree about the sorting filters.

I hope they seriously revamp online lobbies.

I'm not holding my breath. I think it is pretty clear, the developers and main guy Kaz, have other priorities putting the game itself fairly low on the list.

Don't get me wrong, 6 is still an amazing game but it is the first time I have ever been let down in this series having owned each of the 5 previous variants, 2 thru 5 from day one release.

They need to focus on the game and not all the ancillary crap.....Senna was great and all but I want to beath myself to death with my own testicles sitting thru those lame worship-a-thons they force you to watch just to do the challenge. It is borderline fetish-izing the man. If "Kaz" put half the attention and time he spends on "brand promotion/development" into the game itself, it wouldn't NEED hardly any brand development/promotion. It would speak for itself.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

That is very true.

The possibilities for the GT series are endless but they seem to focus on stuff that the players are not asking for. 

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys would perhaps mind adding the real jumbo67 (the husband) into your friends list in GT6? Since I have taken over his account I sort of... well deleted all his friends to make room for mine and he has been really keen on getting a few races in lately (LOL, good luck... :ph34r: ) I have noticed that you guys have been chatting here about getting together . He is a clean racer and he isn't like me.. he can actually race :lol: .

• Like 1

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys would perhaps mind adding the real jumbo67 (the husband) into your friends list in GT6? Since I have taken over his account I sort of... well deleted all his friends to make room for mine and he has been really keen on getting a few races in lately (LOL, good luck... :ph34r: ) I have noticed that you guys have been chatting here about getting together . He is a clean racer and he isn't like me.. he can actually race :lol: .

added to list, will add to PSN next chance I get

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Those drift seasonals are kicking my ass but I'm determined to get the gold.

Haven't tried those yet, but am loving the new single race , car challenges in the seasonal events. The AI has gone proper crazy , and they actually fight with each other and make mistakes when ur bearing down on them lol. They're much improved from the offline single player AI methinks

Haven't tried those yet, but am loving the new single race , car challenges in the seasonal events. The AI has gone proper crazy , and they actually fight with each other and make mistakes when ur bearing down on them lol. They're much improved from the offline single player AI methinks

Yeah I noticed that too, such a shame the AI is not like that in the career.

I know , but there are some peeps who think that these events may be some sort of beta test to see our reaction and if feedback is good then they implement it into the career ( but we can only hope :D )

The most competitive I've seen them is in the redbull x2014 junior championship

I was just renewing my login bonus and decided to finish up ib-class.

I really hate the Goodwood events. I do them because I try to get gold in everything, but it is really damn hard to keep all 4 tires on that narrow road surface at all times with the controller.

Then I saw the red bull goodwood event....that has to be a fucking joke.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I was just renewing my login bonus and decided to finish up ib-class.

I really hate the Goodwood events. I do them because I try to get gold in everything, but it is really damn hard to keep all 4 tires on that narrow road surface at all times with the controller.

Then I saw the red bull goodwood event....that has to be a fucking joke.

I remember doing those , and you're right it was a pain keeping all wheels within the track at times seeing as some of the cars almost take up the full width of the track themselves lol.

I just got into a zone and finished one straight after another , then they're not too bad . With the redbull you've gotta brake so early each time to make sure you don't go off , but the sheer speed between the braking zones normally will enable you to get gold :)

I did a few of those last night, the speed is crazy but after a while it becomes normal.

I thought F1 cars accelerate fast but the RedBull cars and that black GT6 thing which looks like a spaceship are something else.

After running that hill climb around 300 times last month in the Goodwood seasonal for UK racers - I think I have it mastered but it's easy to make mistakes.

Edited by DavidCore89

I did a few of those last night, the speed is crazy but after a while it becomes normal.

I thought F1 cars accelerate fast but the RedBull cars and that black GT6 thing which looks like a spaceship are something else.

After running that hill climb around 300 times last month in the Goodwood seasonal for UK racers - I think I have it mastered but it's easy to make mistakes.

Yeah I agree , those redbull cars were designed by Adrian newey from f1 , and that is apparently what he would come up with if there were no design restrictions in f1 .

Apparently that redbull is so fast that no human could actually drive it in real life due to the insane G forces it pulls.

BTW , "black gt6 thing that looks like a spaceship " which ones that? ..... Cos I would wanna check it out , sounds like a beast ;D

RedBull X2010 Prototype.

I confused it with something else but it's an insane car.

They are pretty much impossible to keep on narrow tracks like Nurburgring and that Goodwood challenge with a controller..unless you go really slow, which is also damn hard....touch the throttle and you launch like a rocket

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New online seasonal events have been added, only myself and HC have set lap times so far.

Always a good amount of money to be won and some cool exclusive paints.

I hate the drift trials. I suck so much at them.

The time trials are good but it's so boring to fire up GT6 just to do 2 races...

I only do them for the easy money and the paints. The drifting is fairly easy once you get the feel for it. The challenge is when it restricts cars, whether you have a car that is allowed that is driftable without having to fool with the suspension settings much....or at all.

My 2 cars of choice for open drift events was the Mercedes-Benz E55 and Shelby Cobra....neither of which I currently own in GT6 yet.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I mostly use the BMW M5, Lotus Elise or Mazda MX-5 Roadster for open drift events.

M5 has awesome power for the longer drifts but I'll use one of the other two cars on tighter tracks.

Most people look at the global leaderboards, highlight the top few guys, press X to see what car and settings they used and copy, however that's not for me, I can make choices too  :P.

Edited by DavidCore89

I mostly use the BMW M5, Lotus Elise or Mazda MX-5 Roadster for open drift events.

M5 has awesome power for the longer drifts but I'll use one of the other two cars on tighter tracks.

Most people look at the global leaderboards, highlight the top few guys, press X to see what car and settings they used and copy, however that's not for me, I can make choices too  :P.

U did a sick lap in the Aston Martin vgt seasonal.. DC, that car is mighty quick but snap oversteers steers like a beast :D

Thanks, yeah It does like to spin, I keep it in a higher gear through the slower corners so that I can use full power.

I'm playing the Nissan one right now, the car is not as good as the Aston.

I will go back to the Aston challenge in an hour as I know for a fact I can get another second off the time, I'm currently around 2,500th and three and a half seconds off the leader.

Yeah that's one of the main problems with that car , u have to wait an age to get on full throttle and u can gain so much time in the middle part of the lap.

Had a brief drive of the nissan , had high hopes for it but it understeers so much and u can't tune the suspension at all

Yeah that's one of the main problems with that car , u have to wait an age to get on full throttle and u can gain so much time in the middle part of the lap.

Had a brief drive of the nissan , had high hopes for it but it understeers so much and u can't tune the suspension at all

I tend to leave the suspension as it is with racing / concept cars, I did with the Aston and that seems to corner OK, those apex's can be cut quite heavily which helps to gain time and speed out of the corner.

Brake bias is something I will always change when allowed, I like a 48 / 52 towards to the rear brake bias.

Edited by DavidCore89

Aha , didn't know that about those apexes, tricks of the trade ey ? ;)

Will give it ago again when I'm next on gt 6, cheers buddy