Gran Turismo 6

DavidCore89

Haha, sewing machine. I actually fell in love with the little Abarth, it has been promoted to my 400 PP and 450 PP go-to car now, so can't wait for some XDBX online racing soon to test it against others. It is definitely faster on the new track compared to some other cars I have in that class.

I think I actually prefer 500-550 PP cars the most, as I feel i can still handle them even when pushing them, especially on Zahara and Nordschleife, anything more powerful and I can't stay on the road there usually. Guess that comes with skill, so I'm sure I'll learn to drive those 600+ GT-Rs too.

Most of the cars in 500-550PP class drive really well on the new track and are a joy to drive there for me, like a BMW M3 Coupe. I've tried the new track with Subaru Impreza Rally car (540 PP) yesterday, absolutely awesome, you really feel like you're pushing it and it handles the track extremely well. I managed to push the time close to 9min with few bumps and revbouncing on 3-4 fast sections. You lot can probably drive faster, but I was kind of proud of my achievement. :)

Btw, anyone else liking this ranking board for Zahara in practise mode? I'd love to see that for all tracks (in Freeroam) and with only 1 entry per car, so you could keep track of your track records.

And I've actually started racing in cockpit view recently and I must say I like it, for some weird reason I can drive better, eventhough your view is limited. At the same time I've started to limit my driving aids, no longer using the ASM and traction control is down to 0-4 depending on the car. Well learning some throttle control has helped with that too.

• Like 1

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

I recently completed the Sierra races, and the Ferrari GTO was a blast to drive there. Much better. I still have only completed it in the assigned cars. Looking forward to racing it in some of my personal favorites.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

So I have completed IA level of career mode and got the Super license.....however it seems I simply cannot get gold in the 1st IA mission race. This is the one where you have to complete a sector of Suzuka in 47.2 seconds in a Supra GT500 car while passing two other GT500 cars. Closest I have come is 47.3 before I simply gave up. I seriously have spent at least 2 or 3 hours trying to get this gold trophy...anyone else find this to be the hardest gold trophy in the game? I am totally stumped on where I am supposed to shave time off my total in this short sector.

FYI the Super events are no cakewalk. All are either 20 laps or 24 minutes or 20 miles on a track with a full field of competitors, which sounds easy enough BUT the tire wear is on high and fuel consumption is on high so you have to either drive perfectly or choose a car with such an advantage that you can take the lead without burning up your tires.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I finally started playing again last week. I don't know why but I take long breaks from GT6. The Sierra Rally series that was just added was very good, but overall I find the game too similar to GT5. I still really enjoy the game, but I didn't geek out about the release like I did with the previous ones.

I finally started playing again last week. I don't know why but I take long breaks from GT6. The Sierra Rally series that was just added was very good, but overall I find the game too similar to GT5. I still really enjoy the game, but I didn't geek out about the release like I did with the previous ones.

Same here, I was not going to buy it until they shuttered the GT5 servers, which I suspect is why they shuttered them...because sales were probably down from the previous release. They claim the physics programming is completely new/redesigned and I believe it because many vehicles handle much differently than they did in GT5...but yes, the big problem is if they didn't tell you the core of the game was new, and you are not observant enough to realize it, then the game is too much like GT5.1 rather than 6.

The low-def cars piss me off. But there are enough new car/track additions and features that make this version more enjoyable than the last. All they really need to do is expand upon the quick match so that the races are like the seasonal events from GT5, and we can use our own cars and the online will be a huge hit. The problem right now is the online structure sucks. It is too hard to find fun rooms and leaving the settings in full control of the sea of retards on the internet just makes matters worse. The quick match will save this game if the owner will turn his attention to his product and slightly away from his recreational activities for a while.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Same here, I was not going to buy it until they shuttered the GT5 servers, which I suspect is why they shuttered them...because sales were probably down from the previous release. They claim the physics programming is completely new/redesigned and I believe it because many vehicles handle much differently than they did in GT5...but yes, the big problem is if they didn't tell you the core of the game was new, and you are not observant enough to realize it, then the game is too much like GT5.1 rather than 6.

The low-def cars piss me off. But there are enough new car/track additions and features that make this version more enjoyable than the last. All they really need to do is expand upon the quick match so that the races are like the seasonal events from GT5, and we can use our own cars and the online will be a huge hit. The problem right now is the online structure sucks. It is too hard to find fun rooms and leaving the settings in full control of the sea of retards on the internet just makes matters worse. The quick match will save this game if the owner will turn his attention to his product and slightly away from his recreational activities for a while.

Interesting that you mention online for GT6. I used to play online all the time for GT5, but I've yet to even try on GT6. I have only noticed the physics changes with using the steering wheel when I tried the game on my neighbor's setup. Oversteer is a bit more gradual and easier to maintain and is a lot more realistic.

So should I add you to the GT6 racer list? or is that game a dust-collector for you?

I'd play some online, just let me know when. Sorry, I wasn't on the mic racing on GTA earlier, I just got my baby to sleep at the time.

I don't use my mic half the time either. I usually just turn it on and leave it muted just so I dont have to listen to any of the noise thru the tv speakers.

If you are going to join us for a GT6 meet be sure to download the updates for GT6 the day prior, they take a long time.

I schedule the meets I host here:

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/1972-gt6-racing-meet-tuesday-sep-30th-10pm-gmt-until/

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just Guage an interest level here. Thinking of taking an open night during the week, like Sunday night and getting a GT6 night going. I've already created an XDBX Crew in game. Sent some invites out already. Anybody still playing this game?

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Just Guage an interest level here. Thinking of taking an open night during the week, like Sunday night and getting a GT6 night going. I've already created an XDBX Crew in game. Sent some invites out already. Anybody still playing this game?

Yep I' d definitely be up for this . We haven't done our XDBX gt6 nights for ages and they were a whole lotta fun. Don't play this game as much as I used to but it'd be the perfect way to get back into it :)

• 3 months later...

I'd be up for this. Last time I loaded it up I noticed a message saying support is no longer available. Does anyone know if the online element is still available?!

If it is still available and a few of you are up for racing regularly I'll install the game again and start unlocking things (lost all my progress) if not I probably wont bother.

Online is still there. At least it was last week.

Don't think many of us are still playing the game.

I know I don't. Just logging in when there's a new Vision GT car available.

Next one should be Peugeot's in june/july.

• Like 1