• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

I'm hoping since the caliper paint got incorporated into the game that other customization options for paint will follow.

I would really like to be able to choose the color of the stripes on cars with striped paint schemes and other liveries like the Ford GT's.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I'm hoping since the caliper paint got incorporated into the game that other customization options for paint will follow.

I would really like to be able to choose the color of the stripes on cars with striped paint schemes and other liveries like the Ford GT's.

Same here, I have been using the new caliper paint, it's pretty cool.

The racing numbers are a nice touch too.

I would like to be able to change secondary paints as you mentioned but I would also like to be able to add racing sponsors / decals to some of my road cars which have been turned into race cars.

Phew! , just completed a few laps of the nordschliefe expert level racing car challenge and it is pure edge of the seat action , adrenaline to the max , god only knows what my average speed was. I normally shy away from this track as it's so long but didn't realise it is so much fun.

You guys gotta give it a go ...

Phew! , just completed a few laps of the nordschliefe expert level racing car challenge and it is pure edge of the seat action , adrenaline to the max , god only knows what my average speed was. I normally shy away from this track as it's so long but didn't realise it is so much fun.

You guys gotta give it a go ...

I have tried but none of my cars are capable of winning.

I had 4th with my BMW Z4 GT3.

I have tried but none of my cars are capable of winning.

I had 4th with my BMW Z4 GT3.

I know I haven't won it either DC , the rabbit at the front scampers away by almost 45 secs within the first 2 to 3 corners ! But what I love about this one is that I keep coming back for more , it just feels so fast and feels on the limit throughout the track , that's why I love it :D

• Like 1

New bi-weekly seasonal events added today, 4 in total.

600 PP non racing car super lap.

600 PP GT500 super lap.

Tuned car drift trial.

86/FR-S/BR-Z drift trial.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Another Update? Fuck that!

The update is small, just bug fixes.

The seasonal events are added without an update.

• Like 1

Got my A license today, now I need to accumulate some credits for couple of cars and practise some tracks and I should be ready for some online racing too.

I'm calling dibs on last places btw. :lol:

What's the best way to earn credits? Just progress in career mode or can I do some "side" jobs as well?

Got my A license today, now I need to accumulate some credits for couple of cars and practise some tracks and I should be ready for some online racing too.

I'm calling dibs on last places btw. :lol:

What's the best way to earn credits? Just progress in career mode or can I do some "side" jobs as well?

The fastest way to earn credits currently is to do the redbull standard championship. It's just 5 short races and if you complete it with the 200% login bonus and you come first in the championship overall, then you will earn a cool 2 million credits! This can be re run as many times as you want and is my goto grinding method if I need some credits :D

Yeah, needed an International B license first to enter the Red Bull X Challenge.

Btw, there's planned maintainance for today and tomorrow on their servers:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8875128.html

Means no sign-in bonus as well.  :( And looks like todays it's still not complete 45mins after the planned end of it.

• 4 weeks later...

:D :D :D

LOVE the new track!

You have to complete at least one of the Challenges in Sierra Time Rally under Special events to unlock it in Free mode & Arcade mode though.

Pay is good too, 1.000.000 for gold with 200% sign in bonus for Challenge 1. Advice: dont hit anything! I've lost my bonus 3 times during the race and still managed a gold.

I managed about the same average speed for both, Nordschleife and Circuit de la Sierra with the same 415 PP car, maybe slightly faster on Sierra, 155-160 km/h, in Freemode, no extreme driving. Making it  around 2mins longer in this car. Should be quite challenging in a more powerful car.

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 1

AWESOME PATCH

Such a relief playing a game that isn't a fucking mess.

Disappointed the GTR cannot be painted, BUT....

QUICK JOIN YES!

I hope they expand upon this, it looks like they plan to. I have been saying since the start of GT5 that the seasonal events (in GT5) needed to be static online rooms...which is basically what we now have with quick join. This was the biggest downfall of online racing in GT5 and 6, you either raced with friends, or you had to sift thru tons of crap rooms. It was REALLY hard to find fun rooms in online racing.

Hopefully they add a track vote option after each race, but limit the choices to a handful of tracks at a time, much like the GTA voting screen.

I dont race in cockpit view so the gauges dont matter to me. They are pretty shitty looking IMHO to fuck up a beautiful interior by tacking a gauge on top of your dash like a bobblehead doll.

I did the first Sierra challenge and I cant decide if I am going to like it after the novelty of it wears off or not. 

Havent driven the Nismo GTR, but it should be a monster considering the PP rating.

Overall this is a great patch/update

LOVE the new track!

Should be quite challenging in a more powerful car.

I was thinking the same thing. I need to drive it in a real car, not a 4-wheeled sewing machine with nitrous, to decide if I like it or not.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg