Gran Turismo 6

DavidCore89

I updated mine last night. Had a quick look and shoved it back in the box. It's really one of the most crap racing games I've ever played. The other cars are on rails. Whenever there is contact, off you go and they just drive off. I ran a NASCAR race and went the other way at full speed, head on into 1 & it didn't budge while I was sent to oblivion. Plus the tire squealing noises drive me nuts! The 1st person view is crap. no instruments pfft. Plus you have to be a qualified mechanic to set the bloody cars up. I've played plenty of F1 games where set ups are important, but it's ridiculous in this game. You spend more time setting cars up than racing them. Then when you go to load the NASCAR track for a NASCAR race, you find your the only NASCAR in the field WTF?  Anyway if you're enjoying it then kudos to you my friend, gimme a gta online race over their lobbies anyday.

• Like 1

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

I haven't played GT since 2 or 3. I know it was on PS2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I updated mine last night. Had a quick look and shoved it back in the box. It's really one of the most crap racing games I've ever played. The other cars are on rails. Whenever there is contact, off you go and they just drive off. I ran a NASCAR race and went the other way at full speed, head on into 1 & it didn't budge while I was sent to oblivion. Plus the tire squealing noises drive me nuts! The 1st person view is crap. no instruments pfft. Plus you have to be a qualified mechanic to set the bloody cars up. I've played plenty of F1 games where set ups are important, but it's ridiculous in this game. You spend more time setting cars up than racing them. Then when you go to load the NASCAR track for a NASCAR race, you find your the only NASCAR in the field WTF?  Anyway if you're enjoying it then kudos to you my friend, gimme a gta online race over their lobbies anyday.

The setups are very complex, I only change the gearbox and slip diff, my F1 setups rarely change that much from year to year.

I know what you mean about the other cars on single player mode, I changed them to aggressive driving which has helped make things better.

Never tried a NASCAR race but that is really stupid for there to be no other NASCAR's on the track.

The are instruments such as wipers, headlights, horn etc but you must assign a button to them, by default they are not set, the triggers is something worth changing to accelerate and brake IMO.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I got GT6 tonight. If you think I am bad at gta5 racing then imagine it 3 times worst for simulation games. Same rules apply I try to race clean and have fun.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to have another pack of 1 million CR for free.

I bought them with the DLC game ages ago and I used them all up but it let me install the credits again through 'purchased items'.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Yeah didn't recognize it at the time but I got the 15th anniversary edition for $39.99 and it came with a bunch of free cars so that was a nice surprise. All downloaded cars came crew blue.

Edited by ssracingn2
  • Like 1

Yeah didn't recognize it at the time but I got the 15th anniversary edition for $39.99 and it came with a bunch

of free cars so that was a nice surprise.

Nice, I missed out of those because it was too expensive when it was released, I think that was £60.

Those cars are not available anywhere else, they are 100% exclusive to those with the Anniversary Edition.

Nice, I missed out of those because it was too expensive when it was released, I think that was £60.

Those cars are not available anywhere else, they are 100% exclusive to those with the Anniversary Edition.

Well that's cool.

Has the lunar exploration been removed?

I can't find it, got the golds before but wanted to do them again.

Its there for above the new Senna download.

Strange I only have Goodwood, GT Academy and Senna in the special events section.

Maybe because I have done it before.

Had a good time on GT6 today, my skills are coming back slowly.

Playing a racing simulator right after the arcade style racing of GTAO is no small task.

TrialMountainCircuit_zpsfcc9a2ad.jpg

No room for error as the Welshman puts the mighty '08 BMW M5 into a full throttle powerslide right through the corner while overtaking the Ford Mustang Boss 302 to take 1st position on the final lap and eventually the race win.

GT6 gives me the UK flag, no option to change and I doubt there is a Wales flag available.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Damn nice drift there DC89. I had the opposite problem this morning. We will have to get together on this some time and you can show me how to get er done.

• Like 1

Damn nice drift there DC89. I had the opposite problem this morning. We will have to get together on this some time and you can show me how to get er done.

It's harder to do with traction control on and skid management on.

The systems kick in and throw you out of control so I like to keep them off but that makes powerful cars very unpredictable under acceleration unless control pad users assign accelerate and brake to the L & R triggers so it can be managed a lot more.

To be honest the M5 loves to go sideways, sometimes it's easier than keeping it straight  :lol:

• Like 1

Had a good time on GT6 today, my skills are coming back slowly.

Playing a racing simulator right after the arcade style racing of GTAO is no small task.

TrialMountainCircuit_zpsfcc9a2ad.jpg

No room for error as the Welshman puts the mighty '08 BMW M5 into a full throttle powerslide right through the corner while overtaking the Ford Mustang Boss 302 to take 1st position on the final lap and eventually the race win.

GT6 gives me the UK flag, no option to change and I doubt there is a Wales flag available.

Sweet! Very cool to see an E60 sideways around some American muscle. V10, Double VANOS, DOHC. Nothing but Awesome.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

It's probably my favorite car over the past 10 years and the car I would buy if I had the cash, disguised as a family car, remove the stupid EU 155MPH limiter and it's good for 200MPH with no boy racer tuning required.

I was lucky enough to take a short ride in the passenger of one of these, pinned to the seat the whole time  :D

I forgot you're a BMW aficionado  ;)

dont have time to read thru everything but yall are making me wanna buy a new game ! >.<

btw i fucking love beams too, im a 3 series guy though    m3 for me babbbby do they have any in GT6?

Edited by Locust_cnd
  • Like 1

Future is nothing but a series of probability

Several.

It's probably my favorite car over the past 10 years and the car I would buy if I had the cash, disguised as a family car, remove the stupid EU 155MPH limiter and it's good for 200MPH with no boy racer tuning required.

I was lucky enough to take a short ride in the passenger of one of these, pinned to the seat the whole time  :D

I forgot you're a BMW aficionado  ;)

I am. Just happened to drive one the a couple of weeks ago.

Dodgeservice.png

dont have time to read thru everything but yall are making me wanna buy a new game ! >.<

btw i fucking love beams too, im a 3 series guy though    m3 for me babbbby do they have any in GT6?

Probably every M3 ever made  :P

Several.

I am. Just happened to drive one the a couple of weeks ago.

Very lucky guy  :)

• Like 1

Probably every M3 ever made  :P

Very lucky guy  :)

There is no E30 or E36 M3. But there are several E46, E9x, and F32 M4

Dodgeservice.png

There is no E30 or E36 M3. But there are several E46, E9x, and F32 M4

Yeah I noticed that when I looked for the original E30, although no doubt the E36 will be the better car on a racetrack, US and EU spec.