Gran Turismo 6

DavidCore89

The Academy was quite tough to get the gold on all stages.

Stage 1 being the easiest, that car can be thrown around and still maintain speed if the traction control is off (I think that system limits the power way too much).

The other stages took multiple attempts and just looking where I could gain some time.

Edited by DavidCore89

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• handcuff_charlie

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

The Academy was quite tough to get the gold on all stages.

Stage 1 being the easiest, that car can be thrown around and still maintain speed if the traction control is off (I think that system limits the power way too much).

The other stages took multiple attempts and just looking where I could gain some time.

Yes TC kills power, I never have it turned up higher than 2.....except on the X Bow..have you driven that thing?? I can barely win against normal AI driving it....the only time I have ever NEEDED the ASM turned on. Tried to race it in the seasonal challenge at Willow Springs...best I could manage was 2nd. 

I am stuck at the Z34 challenge, I simply cannot get through the final chicane without losing too much speed...I can stay with or ahead of you guys up until there. The GTR challenge..forget it, I cant tell where I can and cant cross the stupid white line without getting the lap invalidated. I should be able to get into gold on Spa, but I'd rather spend the time progressing/unlocking in the game to get more cars for online racing.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yes TC kills power, I never have it turned up higher than 2.....except on the X Bow..have you driven that thing?? I can barely win against normal AI driving it....the only time I have ever NEEDED the ASM turned on. Tried to race it in the seasonal challenge at Willow Springs...best I could manage was 2nd. 

I am stuck at the Z34 challenge, I simply cannot get through the final chicane without losing too much speed...I can stay with or ahead of you guys up until there. The GTR challenge..forget it, I cant tell where I can and cant cross the stupid white line without getting the lap invalidated. I should be able to get into gold on Spa, but I'd rather spend the time progressing/unlocking in the game to get more cars for online racing.

Yeah I have both X-bow's, very strange handling on those.

That final chicane was a problem for me too, the only way I could keep my speed was to go through the chicane in 3rd (although the car wanted 2nd) just so I wasn't losing time during the gear change up the hill.

The track lines are so sensitive, but Bathurst is naturally tight, I think I tried that 30 times until I got a clean run without crossing those lines.

Spa was harder than I expected because the NISMO GT-R had RWD but the difficulty increases with each challenge.

I have an OK set of cars after I lost all my data, when you start racing online be sure to give me a shout  ;)

The update is available right now for free!!!

RedBull Ring in two layouts!

Comes with 4 new cars :

- VW Vision GTI

- Nissan GT-R Youtube GT3

- Lexus IS-F CCR

- Toyota TS030 Le Mans !!!

AWESOME !!!!

• Like 1

Just downloaded the update now and my it's a whopper!

Can't believe I haven't played this game in months (after I started to get into gta online lol.)

Kudos to them though they've finally added a new track and in line with the Austrian F1 race on Sunday :)

And that VW gti roadster is a grip monster (though it does suffer from the mother of all understeer cos it's 4wd :(.

Finished the seasonal events dedicated to the new car and they were easy. Too bad that you can only win the VW Vision GT and not the Lexus and Toyota. Need to save up some money, only have 49k now !!!

The Red Bull Ring is a very nice track. Nice elevation changes but it flows quite fast. It felt longer back in '00 though. Did a lap in 1"35 (IIRC) in the Audi R8 GT3.

In other news, I still suck at drifting.

Oh, and I finally bought the Ford GT40 '66. Looooooooove that car !

I will be getting the update later.

I suck at drifting too, unless I get a lucky go  :P.

I think I have that Ford GT, used it for the 60's American Seasonal event - had to limit the power to almost 50%  :lol:.

Wow, HC and Fido set good lap times on the VW Roadster seasonal event, I think it will be a tough job to beat your times.

Have you guys been racing online?

Edited by DavidCore89

Not yet, I've been too busy completing license tests, the series to get to the license tests, seasonal events, etc etc to get enough credits to fill out my garage for racing online.

I buy everything in duplicate...one I leave completely stock, the other I modify. When I get a reward car I buy another if possible.

I prefer to race unmodified cars....or at least in GT5 I did, it required more skill/finesse and was more interesting IMO. Not sure how different the handling really is between 5 and 6.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Not yet, I've been too busy completing license tests, the series to get to the license tests, seasonal events, etc etc to get enough credits to fill out my garage for racing online.

I buy everything in duplicate...one I leave completely stock, the other I modify. When I get a reward car I buy another if possible.

I prefer to race unmodified cars....or at least in GT5 I did, it required more skill/finesse and was more interesting IMO. Not sure how different the handling really is between 5 and 6.

I prefer to race unmodified cars too, they feel more fun to drive.

• Like 1

Setting a date and time won't be easy.

The game time of the GT6 players in the crew is unpredictable.

I'm in. I'm up to 60-70 cars now...well really about 30-40 considering almost all of it is in pairs, but I got the major types covered for the most part to be competitive.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

If there's enough interest I'd like to plan a race meetup where at least 5 players from XDBX would join (open room negotiable).

I'm racking my brain to figure out a time to suit (I'll play any time), even if I can come up with a suitable time for you guys, there are no guarantee's the rest of you will be online, so that could turn into me racing a load of randoms  :lol:.

This will be trickier than planning a GTAO meetup.

If you thought filling a GTA online room was hard, getting ANYONE to join a Gran Turismo room is like an act of God.

Extremely disappointed that nothing was changed to the online public room structures from 5 to 6.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I can see why.

A lot of lobbies have unreasonable rules, 'dirty' in the title, little English in the description or being spoken and there are far too many lobbies with 2 or 3 players in, they could merge 5 lobbies to create 1 full lobby.

I usually take my time in finding a decent lobby, I guess others do a similar thing.

Would be cool to see a bit of matchmaking into busier random lobbies introduced.

There were some changes made to the online lobbies quite recently, not sure what changes but I'm gonna host some races and find out after I've slept.

The online lobby structure is TERRIBLE. I mean absolutely awful.

I was referring to just getting people to enter your room....much less enter it, look at the restrictions/settings, and then leave.

It is piss poor that you have to join a room, wait for it to load to see all the pertinent settings, then leave, wait for the main lobby to load....such a timesink. I hate it.

I have never understood why they dont have static public rooms with static settings that when they fill another one is opened. They should make all the seasonal events into static rooms, muscle car room, WRC room, Red Bull room, Vision GT room, Miata room, etc etc, many ways to have an online climate/structure that is LEAPS beyond the garbage they have now. Even the sorting filters are useless.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yeah that would be much better.

I also agree about the sorting filters.

I hope they seriously revamp online lobbies.