Rocket League Tournament (2v2 - Single Elimination)

Jaggy

Rocket League Tournament

Rocket%20League_zpspxcv3t5e.jpg

Single Elimination

Match Settings:

Team Size: 2v2
Bot Difficulty: No Bots
Region/Servers: US or Europe

Matches:

All Rounds: Best of 5 (first team to win 3 games wins the match)
Final: Best of 7 (first team to win 4 games wins the match)

Arenas:

For tournaments, please do not use any stadium with the stormy settings. It seems the arenas with the rain/storms cause the most amount of lag. To avoid frustrations, these settings will not be used.

Both teams must agree on which arena will be used before the start of the match. Use the same arena for all rounds.

Score Reporting:

Both teams are responsible for reporting the results of the match. It will be easier to show screen shots of each match, but if a screen shot was not taken, please update this thread with the scores.

Brackets will be updated as quickly as possible so the next matches can be played.

Teams:

You will have until August 10th to pick your teams and pick a team name. Once you have your team mate and a name, please post the information in this thread.

A minimum of 6 teams will be needed to get started with this tournament. To ensure we have enough teams, the first tournament will be set to a 2v2. Future tournaments can be set to 3v3 or 4v4 if there's enough teams to participate.

Tournament Start Date:

August 11th, 2015
(As long as the minimum amount of teams have been met)

Disclaimer:

This is the first tournament I've set up, so bear with me. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in this thread. The success of this tournament depends on all participants.

ROCKET LEAGUE!!!

The Teams:

Torrid & Jag (Jaguars)

RealOG & Grjkie (Beautiful BOOM)
LN-MLB & PrancingSkeleton (The Demolition Crew)

G37 & Scotty (Booty Bandits)

Skorpion & Truelife

Lime & Ninja (LimeGreenNinja's)

Silenttigercd & Squirrel_Army (The Ceiling Riders)

Gunmanmark & JALJ (The Markings)

DC & GeraldPhoenix (DCGP)

MrBump & Millius (M&M's)

Bracket:

http://challonge.com/xdbxrocketleague

Edited by Jaggy
  • Like 6

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaggy

• grjkie

• Squirrel

• GeraldPhoenix

Ohhhh yeah ROCKET LEAGUE!!!!!

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

How should we decide the teams? I'm certainly in either way :)

It's up to you.  :)

People can pick whomever they want to team up with.

I understand that matches can be a bit hard to schedule if we have an EU team vs an AU team.  But it can be done.  I just want to make sure people have the ideal team they think will work out best, especially for scheduling.

• Like 1

Torrid & I will team up for the first tournament.

If you're looking for a team mate, feel free to post in this thread like Skeleton just did.  People can look for team mates kind of like how the crew challenges work on the website.  :)

I also have a quick question are the teams just country names or can they be made up names?

I also have a quick question are the teams just country names or can they be made up names?

Any name you want.  :)

• Like 1

I'll play and will team up with whomever will have me.

In other words: I'm very much a rookie, so don't expect superstar status. :)

ROCKET LEAGUE! I'll definitely give this a go!

I'm terrible at it though so I need to pair up with someone who doesn't mind getting knocked out early. Simply making contact with the ball is a major achievement for me - it's a bonus if it heads in the right direction! I'm not really selling myself here am I...

I am teamed up with OG OP :D we don't have a name yet :)

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I'll play and will team up with whomever will have me.

In other words: I'm very much a rookie, so don't expect superstar status. :)

If you want we could team up. The timezone difference isn't really a problem since its only 3 hours. :D

• Like 1

If you want we could team up. The timezone difference isn't really a problem since its only 3 hours. :D

Sounds great, thanks! :)

If you want to pick the team name, that's cool too.  I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm open. :D

• Like 1

Sounds great, thanks! :)

If you want to pick the team name, that's cool too.  I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm open. :D

I don't have anything either... We have plenty of time to find one tho :D

• Like 1

Any ideas of a time jag as I be working. And want in on this haha ROCKET LEAGUE

The matches will be done when both teams can work out a time.  So if you go against Torrid & I, your team would probably work best competing with us on the weekends since we're both around.  This tournament will work like the tennis tournament.  Schedule the time to get it done.  :)  I'm not going to force anyone to play their matches when the time isn't suitable for their personal schedules.  :)

What's the time frame for the matches to be completed?

www.ishare4free.com

I am already teamed up with OG man :D

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

What's the time frame for the matches to be completed?

I'll probably give everyone a week to get them done.  We all play Rocket League enough, I'm sure it won't take people a week to do their games.  :lol:

• Like 1

I'm going to put Gs name down and team up with him :)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your team name is Booty Bandits, right?  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your team name is Booty Bandits, right?  :lol:

Probably :P he doesn't know of about any of this yet so those may be his conditions haha

scottyb1988.jpg