• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Squirrel

• LimeGreenLegend

• pete_95973

Honestly, don’t like the title but the trailer looked good.  Who was that cackling at the end?  I’m not a huge Star Wars guy so I couldn’t tell just from the voice. 

I’m more looking forward to them leaving the “Skywalker Saga” behind and doing films about other shit in the universe that has nothing to do with this one family.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Who was that cackling at the end?  I’m not a huge Star Wars guy so I couldn’t tell just from the voice. 

It sounded to me like Emperor Palpatine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought Kylo Ren was the only one of the Skywalker blood who was still alive?

Orrrr will they just ignore whole ignoble birth thing and make Ren Luke's daughter by magic the force because PRINCESS! and Royalty! and Disney!

Maybe throw Rose out of an airlock too for being the sole member of the surviving cast who wasn't a total fucking idiot in the last movie. Or just because she's not a princess sex object and therefore WRONG!

*cough*

Sorry, digging my trench in anticipation of the plague of white male entitlement that pollutes the Star Wars fanbase.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

Orrrr will they just ignore whole ignoble birth thing and make Ren Luke's daughter by magic the force because PRINCESS! and Royalty! and Disney!

I imagine the original plan was to have Rey be Luke's daughter, plenty of clues about that in TFA, and it would give them this generation's "I am your father" moment in the sequel.  But they got so many complaints that TFA was just the same plot of Star Wars that they went in the opposite direction for TLJ just to subvert expectations.  I have no problem with subverting expectations, but the problem with that film is that it subverted every expectation.

Calling it, Rey is Leia and Han's daughter. I can see Leia telling her 'I am your mother' or Kylo Ren 'I am your brother'.

Pretty sure JJ is gonna retcon TLJ reveal that Rey's parents are nobodies. 

• Like 1

Yeah to be honest I wouldn't really mind them going that way just so long as they keep the idea from the end of TLJ that there are lots of young force users on their way. Bring the force to the people! 

Actually if it keeps Ray in the spotlight that could only be a good thing. She was one of few characters who didn't spend the whole last movie being stupid.

2 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Pretty easy to explain that Kylo just lied right?

Naaah he wouldn’t do that. ?

I watched Solo in Netflix but fell asleep. I’ll have to give it another try soon. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Holy shit boys and girls!

Looks awesome.  Looking forward to that much more than Episode IX

Did you see the whole Disney + announcement?  Looks like a pretty sweet deal. 

• Like 1

Mandalorian looks epic! 

Also an Obi Wan show in the works. 

And a shit load of Marvel shows! 

I'll probably get it, lots of cartoons for my baby girl ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Final trailer tonight !

The teaser of the trailer (yeah that's a thing now...) is out and revealed an awesome shot with a great easter egg for us Star Wars Rebels fans ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

That 3PO line was cheesy as fuck, did Lucas come back to write this?

To make that line less cheesy I pretended he was saying it because they are off to a suicide mission and everyone knows it or if they play the scene to where the humans are being brave but the droid knows the mathematical probability of their success. It looks like they went for some sappiness and it probably wasnt needed since we would all watch with heavy hearts knowing that Carrie is no longer with us. 

Trailer review:

I found it underwhelming. Nothing in it really made me wanna rush out and see it although I did LOVE the ocean scenes and that floating glacier, I think its floating in space, im not sure, that looks fucking amazing, and the horses they ride are cool although a bit outta place in that setting. I think this is targeted to the people really invested in the main characters story, i guess she is the new skywalker or something. One thing that bothers me in Star Wars movies is Earth like planets. It worked for Predators (2010) but not for Star Wars. Anyways, maybe future trailers will hype me more. I will say this, I am very happy for the Star Wars fans cause they get another film to get excited about! 

I didn't find it that cheesy, you guys are harsh. 

What I loved about the trailer : the rebels fleet shot with the Ghost on the right from SW Rebels ?

I hope it's gonna be more than just a cool cameo (it won't)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I didn't find it that cheesy, you guys are harsh.

Bro you just extra mushy cause it had the same effect as my microwave saying “I Love You”. :D   Just messing with you. Like I said, I’m happy for the Star Wars fans like you that recognized the cool stuff in the trailer. 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to it. 

Hearing Luke say confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi as the slow Star Wars theme plays and it says on screen the saga comes to an end and the story lives forever I got some goose pimples. 

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

8 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I am looking forward to it. 

Hearing Luke say confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi as the slow Star Wars theme plays and it says on screen the saga comes to an end and the story lives forever I got some goose pimples. 

So hiding on an island for 30 years is confronting fear? :D 

The Last Jedi left this story in a mess.  Either Rey or Kylo should’ve changed allegiance in that film, Luke shouldn’t have been so miserable and pessimistic, traits the character has never shown before, even when he found out his dad is the most evil dude in the universe and tried to kill him he still didn’t give up, and they already used the shot that should’ve ended the whole saga; the random kid using the force to grab a broom, showing that the force has been passed on to the next generation.  

It’ll look nice and make a shitload of money though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

So hiding on an island for 30 years is confronting fear? :D 

The Last Jedi left this story in a mess.  Either Rey or Kylo should’ve changed allegiance in that film, Luke shouldn’t have been so miserable and pessimistic, traits the character has never shown before, even when he found out his dad is the most evil dude in the universe and tried to kill him he still didn’t give up, and they already used the shot that should’ve ended the whole saga; the random kid using the force to grab a broom, showing that the force has been passed on to the next generation.  

It’ll look nice and make a shitload of money though. 

But now he’s saying what should be done  whether he did it or not he’s telling Rey (likely) what she should do. That doesn’t mean he didn’t make a mistake. Why can’t people handle Luke making a mistake? And the story isn’t complete yet, so who knows how it will play out. 

But maybe you’re right! I should be angry! I’m not nearly analytical enough about this. I feel stupid for enjoying it. I’m gonna take to the internet to to spread the word that they should be angry and miserable with me about a movie series. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

But maybe you’re right! I should be angry! I’m not nearly analytical enough about this. I feel stupid for enjoying it. I’m gonna take to the internet to to spread the word that they should be angry and miserable with me about a movie series. 

I think some fans get upset when they see part of the lore changed. I cannot speak for Star Wars but can speak for the absolute garbage changes made in The Predator (2018) and Halloween (2018)...I dont mind people enjoying them, I just ask that changes make sense or enhance the story I already am familiar with not the other way around. The Last Jedi had the same issue The Predator had for me....forcing humor instead of just having light moments. Anyways, as usual, I hope this new Star Wars film proves the doubters like me wrong. 

• Like 1