• pete_95973

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love star wars. Hate seeing trailers before the film though. 

I’m thinking does Star Wars even need a trailer? All they need is a line of text saying the release date and it will still make a billion dollars. 

• 2 months later...

Definitely worth going to see. However there were parts I didn't like and parts I loved. I'm waiting till I've seen it a second time on Tuesday before I can give a true opinion.

It started very slow. Wasn't really excelling until the appearance of Yoda. It didn't really feel like Star Wars until that point. I do feel that these newer films have been shackled by the original trilogy. They haven't been able to be their own films yet. This should change with the next film of the trilogy. Out of the original trilogy cast, the only one remaining with a speaking role is C-3PO. He's already been reduced to a bit part occasional comedy line. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I've always been more excited for next years Solo film than this one, there's something magical about films set in the golden age of Star Wars when it was simply Empire vs Rebels.

• Like 1

I'm scared about that Solo movie. I really want it to be awesome like Rogue One was. 

I just hope we get to see the game of Sarlaac between Han and Lando and that infamous Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs ! 

Would be cool to see the Millenium before all the modifications made by Lando & Han. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I'm scared about that Solo movie. I really want it to be awesome like Rogue One was. 

I just hope we get to see the game of Sarlaac between Han and Lando and that infamous Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs ! 

Would be cool to see the Millenium before all the modifications made by Lando & Han. 

These non saga films are the future of Star Wars. There’s plenty of source material for a vast range of characters however we don’t need to see the same story retold a different way in future films like they have done with Force Awakens. 

There’s two huge time jumps to fill, possibly a third time jump too before we get to the fourth trilogy.

The kid featured at the end will probably be a part of the next trilogy once he’s grown up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

These non saga films are the future of Star Wars. There’s plenty of source material for a vast range of characters however we don’t need to see the same story retold a different way in future films like they have done with Force Awakens. 

There’s two huge time jumps to fill, possibly a third time jump too before we get to the fourth trilogy.

Hide contents

The kid featured at the end will probably be a part of the next trilogy once he’s grown up.

I agree there are a on of side stories to explore about many supporting characters. Hell they could also make one about R2 ! (they should)

I don't think there will be a 3rd time jump. I'm sure the new trilogy will be completely unrelated to the previous ones. They will probably happen centuries or millenias before or after the current time period. 

That's why I believe the kid at the end is only there to show the spark of rebellion following the actions of Luke (indirect) and Rose/Finn from their actions on Canto Blight.

I don't think this particular kid will be relevant in the future. I loved the use of the Force on the broom, it was a nice touch and a nice reminder that the Force isn't just exclusive to the Skywalkers. It's also a nice recall to the earlier reveal about Rey's parents being nobodies. Although I'm still not 100% convinced because it's Kylo Ren that tells her that and can he be trusted ?

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you guys seen the first art from the Solo movie? Han looks weird, Donald Glover looks awesome.

DSEdpJ-VwAEXdpO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

48 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Any of you guys seen the first art from the Solo movie? Han looks weird, Donald Glover looks awesome.

I read an article today that said that young Han will be very different from the Han we know and love. 

He looks like an asshole in that art so maybe the article was right lol. 

EDIT : Also love the "younger" version of the Falcon on this pic : 

IMG_20171227_125515.jpg

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1