• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Squirrel

• LimeGreenLegend

• pete_95973

I'm really looking forward to this too.

This reminds me. Many years ago I watched an interview with, I think, Mark Hammil and Carrie Fischer on BBC's Blue Peter (Children's TV program) about this new sci fi film they were making. I thought "this looks rubbish". How wrong I was! Still, I was only 7 at the time.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Waiting to see the storyline as ford and chihaha are back it's a sequel right?

Stil love them.

Dart Vader we need you

Edited by Kudisanga
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Think is pretty much the official Star Wars Thread. Possibly worth renaming the thread?

I'm about to watch all 6 of the original live action films. If you were introducing a new person to the Star Wars universe what order would you watch the 6 films in?

There are a few different theories about the best order so would like to know your opinions. 

I've watched the films in all orders 4,5,6-1,2,3 and 1,2,3,4,5,6 and I think any order it's alright, although someone who hasn't seen them should probably go with their release order

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

The problem with watching in release order is that you have the big epic final conclusion halfway through watching the marathon and then the next thing you deal with is  JarJar total anti-climax

• Like 1

I know what you mean lol, my partner hasn't seen any of the movies and i thought I should make her see from ep 1 and halfway through the 2nd one she lost interest

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I really enjoy sci-fy movies :)

www.ishare4free.com

If you watch them in 1,2,3,4,5,6 then you don't get the big surprise in episode 5 as you already know the back story so that method is out too.

I'm watching them 4,5 then flashback to 1,2,3 then finally 6 for the big finish.

• Like 2

The storyline is what I'm looking for, and so far most of the commercials are deliberately confusing, but the excitement in building, Star Wars was one of the first movies to bring all kinds of creatures to life, with puppets and costumes, not all this CGI, that's why Star War is legendary. The promised savior turns to the darkside and his son must fulfill the promise. But where will the story go now? Many commercials keep showing a Black guy an I'm wondering why, cuz Luke was no Blackman, and I never saw him talking to a Black girl. Just a thought, I can't wait to see it!! ;)  

There is an argument for the CGI, look at any major film which uses special effects. A large proportion of these blockbusters have their CGI made by ILM (Industrial Light & Magic). A firm set up by Lucas to create the special effects for Star Wars. Without Star Wars I don't believe special effects technology would be as advanced as it is today.

One image I've seen though has got me quite excited. This is a former airbase in the south of England, the scale of the set is huge. The Falcon in the background shows they are investing a lot of money in actual physical sets to be used in conjunction with the CGI.

SpanishLeak3.jpg

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I want the game more than to watch the movie. I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

Games I played:

-Star Wars battlefront 1 and 2

-Star Wars Renegade Squadron

-Star Wars Elite Squadron (favourite overall because of multiplayer on PSP but kind of suck a bit because of hackers)

-Lego Star Wars Prequel and Original trilogy

-Lego Star Wars the clone wars

-Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

- a lot more

I even bought some Star Wars themed Lego in the past but I don't buy them anymore.

• Like 2

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I can't wait for December 18. Not for any other reason than the fact that it is my birthday. I might go see this, but who knows.

[/quote

It's my birthday two days later. I will be planning a special event for it. Should really organise it now seeing as xmas always gets booked up.

• Like 1

I have Star Wars related gossip.

Been out on a work event tonight and the subject changed to Star Wars. My boss divulged the fact that Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca for the uninitiated) used to work for the company just after the Star Wars years. That was until he found out he could spend his weekends doing conventions instead of working in a timber merchants.

• Like 1