• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Squirrel

• LimeGreenLegend

• pete_95973

I am getting my knickers all in a twist trying to find a cinema anywhere near me ( Hamburg Germany) that will have a first screening in English. I'll be doubled damned to hell if I watch it in German, I HATE what they do to films in translation.

Watched the trailer today.... Han Solo... it's all true... now I'm hyped

I am getting my knickers all in a twist trying to find a cinema anywhere near me ( Hamburg Germany) that will have a first screening in English. I'll be doubled damned to hell if I watch it in German, I HATE what they do to films in translation.

Watched the trailer today.... Han Solo... it's all true... now I'm hyped

Fly back to the UK just for a viewing! Search your feelings, you know this to be true

• Like 1

BAAAAM

ok so 17.12.2015 14:30 I shall be watching Star Wars the Force Awakens in English in Hamburg in the Savoy theatre. If anyone else is comming let me know : SLOBBER : : SLOBBER : : SLOBBER :

BAAAAM

ok so 17.12.2015 14:30 I shall be watching Star Wars the Force Awakens in English in Hamburg in the Savoy theatre. If anyone else is comming let me know : SLOBBER : : SLOBBER : : SLOBBER :

Crew meet up?

• Like 1

Just watched the trailer for the tenth time.

I have goosebumps. It was splendid.

But I thought it was very depressing in some way.

I'm really afraid that one or some of our favorites characters won't make it out alive.

I get that feeling from that trailer.

Makes me real sad :(

• Like 1

I do like the fact that the Jedi's and the force are still a legend. There is a 20-30 year gap to explain so wonder how they are going to do that

This has me very intrigued.

After return of the Jedi and the Rebels win, I always thought the Empire would crumble and that the Jedi would rise again.

Looks like the Endor victory was just a one-off and the Empire continued to kick the Rebels butts all around the Galaxy...

Under whose control though? The senate was disolved so I can only assume a military style dictatorship rules now. Loss of one man doesn't always mean a regime change. Not many Jedi survived the purge and most of those who did died in parts 4-6. Only the Skywalkers plus their future offspring are known.

Saying that though the Jedi gene and power wasn't wiped out, just the knowledge and ability to train them was removed.

• Like 1

Under whose control though? The senate was disolved so I can only assume a military style dictatorship rules now. Loss of one man doesn't always mean a regime change. Not many Jedi survived the purge and most of those who did died in parts 4-6. Only the Skywalkers plus their future offspring are known.

Saying that though the Jedi gene and power wasn't wiped out, just the knowledge and ability to train them was removed.

Looks like that's what happened during that 30 years period.

The Empire just kept doing its Empire business, minus the Emperor.

Military style dictatorship seems like the most plausible outcome.

And maybe the rise of a new sith order in those 30 years with the emergence of the Rens. A cult to the late Vader ?

I thought we talked about this. You guys don't have to get this worked up just for my birthday. I will still invite you all to the party. 

But seriously, the trailer looks like its going to be a pretty good film. I saw a posting on Facebook that made me laugh. It was a pic of Kim Kardashian crying and the caption was something like, I wish everyone would stop talking about Star Wars and go back to talking about me. 

• Like 1

I've just booked 15 tickets for the opening weekend on my birthday. Cinema in style. Comfy sofas, wine beer and pizzas all delivered to your seats and enough leg room for Chewbacca to stretch out in.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Me and 5 of my friends have just bought our premiere tickets here in Denmark, we paid a little extra to get tables as well, this day will be one of the best days in my life! I seriously cannot wait!

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Consigliere

Just bought 2 Gold Class tickets to see this with my wife on our 6th Wedding Anniversary on the 27th December. Thankfully I have a very cool wife, who likes the same crap as I do, as she also allows herself to get dragged along to the Boxing Day Test at the MCG each year!

Or maybe it's just her way of saying sorry to me for dragging my ass half way round the world 6 years ago and now having to put up with her extended family every Christmas Day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...