The Star Wars Thread

revbouncer

20 minutes ago, Con said:

I think some fans get upset when they see part of the lore changed. I cannot speak for Star Wars but can speak for the absolute garbage changes made in The Predator (2018) and Halloween (2018)...I dont mind people enjoying them, I just ask that changes make sense or enhance the story I already am familiar with not the other way around. The Last Jedi had the same issue The Predator had for me....forcing humor instead of just having light moments. Anyways, as usual, I hope this new Star Wars film proves the doubters like me wrong. 

I don’t have a problem with criticism. There some things about some of the Star Wars movies I don’t like. But what bothers me about many SW critics is the over the top negativity. Even If 90% of the movie is good In their eyes they would spend 4 hours railing about the 10%. And I don’t know that anyone here even does that. My comment wasn’t meant to say anything negative towards Lime per se, I don’t know his over all attitude on it over the years. It just reminded me of all the people who do focus so much time and energy railing about imperfections (of course some is warranted) obsessively. 

You as a non Star Wars fan gave a good review of the trailer. You said some looked good and some looked bad. A real Star Wars internet critic would blast every bit of negativity and never say anything positive. 

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Squirrel

• LimeGreenLegend

• pete_95973

27 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

You said some looked good and some looked bad. A real Star Wars internet critic would blast every bit of negativity and never say anything positive. 

Yeah I try never to fully bash a film because I know how hard it is to make a movie never mind something amazing. I always appreciate the film making efforts even if the material isnt for me. I look forward to more trailers. I watched the Child's Play reboot and it wasnt terrible, but had you asked me about it a month ago, I would have ranted about no one asking for a CP remake and from the few images I had seen, I figured it would suck all 100% of it...but I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

A real Star Wars internet critic would blast every bit of negativity and never say anything positive. 

I'm a huge SW fan and I just love everything I see :D 

I loved how The Last Jedi had a different approach to SW. Huge franchise like this need to reinvent themselves while also keeping the stuff that made that licence so successful. And TLJ did that very ell IMO. I'm most excited about the future trilogy Rian Johnson is working on. I'm not as confident with the trilogy from the GoT guys. 

Also can't wait to see Jon Favreau's take on the Star Wars universe in The Mandalorian. This should be pretty good. 

Now I'm a bit afraid as to what Kevin Feige is gonna do with SW now that he is basically God at Disney. I hope he doesn't turn SW into a generic action movie. But if he does the same job he did with the Marvel movies, I know I'm gonna love the shit out of it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was 9yo when Star Wars came out. As a child seeing it, it was an amazing film that really sparked the imagination. I have looked forward to every single Star Wars movie ever since!

I just finished watching The Rise of Skywalker and I must say it was absolutely fantastic. I wont spoil it buy giving away anything I will just say they wrapped it up very nicely, unlike GOT which really left me very disappointed.

There a few twists that I never saw coming that's for sure.

For a series that has been going for nearly as long as I've been alive. it's like it's a part of you so to finish it the way they did just felt right to me. 

I hope you like it as much as I did as it still gets my imagination racing, my heart pounding and my feelings flowing. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I really liked it as well. A couple moments were a bit ? but overall it was a nice ending for the saga. 

I read a lot of reviews that found it very disappointing but all the people I know who saw it loved it. 

Sure there were a few things that weren't perfect but it was damn good still. 

I'm not sad about it ending as I'm sure it will open the door for new Star Wars storytelling and will bring the franchise in new directions. Like the Mandalorian is doing. 

Can't wait ! 

• Like 2

I’d give it a 4/10, for me the worst of the sequel trilogy.  The story was for the most part nonsensical and full of things happening out of nowhere with no setup.

like who built all of those star destroyers that magically appeared out of the ground? Where did all Palpatine’s followers come from? Why was none of this given more setup than “The dead speak!” Stormtroopers can fly now? The millennium falcon can do warp speed jumping all of a sudden?  Who the fuck is Maz Canata or whatever she’s called?  Why does JJ hate Rose so much?  What is the point of Finn?  

There’s a fair amount I liked about the film, I like the cast and the characters, and JJ can shoot a good looking film, I just thought that it was wholly underwhelming, but I didn’t see Star Wars until I was about 20, so I have no childhood nostalgia for this stuff.

• Sad 1

I’m a bit meh about it after watching it. 

I want new stories and not rehashed versions of the original trilogy. 

Did anyone tell JJ that they were sequels and not reboots? That shot where the Emperor (who shouldn’t have been anywhere this film as he was completely obliterated when the death star 2 exploded) opened up the hatch to look at the rebel fleet being obliterated was a direct copy from ROTJ. I just rolled my eyes in disbelief. 

There were some good moments though, I liked the send off for Leia, very touching. There were other emotional moments too which got me in the feels but otherwise the story was completely all over the place. 

A lot of the best moments were just there for the member berries even though they were completely non sensical. Nien Niub piloting the Tantive IV was a great scene even though I’m pretty sure the ship was destroyed after the original trilogy. But I suppose if Palpatine can survive the death star destruction what’s to stop that ship coming back. 

I knew there would be a Luke as a force ghost appearance but actually having physical ability was a little too much. If he came back then why didn’t we get to see Qui Gonn, Obi Wan, Yoda and Anakin back as well. The power between those ghosts would have completely kicked arse. 

I’m off to go see it again in a few hours so will probably add more to the rant later. 

• Sad 1

Back on the film. I enjoyed it more on a second viewing. Yes the moments that don’t make sense still don’t make sense but when you stop thinking about the crazy plot and the flaws the film does get you emotionally. 

Next up for me is the Mandalorian. I’m all set for a back to back viewing of the show. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Back on the film. I enjoyed it more on a second viewing. Yes the moments that don’t make sense still don’t make sense but when you stop thinking about the crazy plot and the flaws the film does get you emotionally. 

Next up for me is the Mandalorian. I’m all set for a back to back viewing of the show. 

I hope you enjoy it. Tell us what you thought of it after watching!