• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Squirrel

• LimeGreenLegend

• pete_95973

Just to throw some oxidizer into this topic, I thought TLJ was the best main saga film since TESB, and a nice blend of what was good about both TFA and Rogue One.

I was fine with what they did with Luke. 

• Like 2

The Falcon looks a little too different to me... I wonder what the fan base of ship experts will make of it, not that their opinions are relevant now everything can be cast aside as Legends.

Really worried about this film, even before TLJ...  God knows what they are gonna do to my fav character.

Apologies for the negativity but for me Star Wars has gone full Disney now and there is no going back.

One film every year for the rest of my life or until it stops turning a profit, it is gonna be milked like the nipples of those guys in TLJ.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 2 weeks later...

So... Han Solo movie coming in just 5 months. Thoughts ?

Will it even be released on time ? Considering we haven't seen anything from this movie, I have my doubts. Lego sets for the movie were leaked last week so maybe promotion will start soon (I want a trailer!) They don't give us anything interesting, except a good look at how the Millenium Falcon looked during its Corellian days and at the time of the infamous Kessel Run (which we should see in the movie!)

I'm also concerned about the release date because it's just 3 weeks after Avengers: Infinity War ! Bad planning from Disney, considering they own both franchises ! They should have moved Solo to december (they still could).

And most importantly : will the film be good ? After multiple rechoots and a late change of director, I'm a bit scared... I hope Ron Howard doesn't disappoint !

Also, could a mod change the title of the thread ? Cause december 18 doesn't mean anything anymore. I was thinking something creative like "The Star Wars thread" or just "Star Wars" :D

• Like 1

Unless the same person faked the Lego set images then those pictures are genuine. 

I know the legends aren’t canon anymore so can’t check the Falcons history but the shape of the Falcon doesn’t match it’s original canon appearance in Episode 3 unless that’s a pod between the mandibles which is possible considering the ship design. 

Also agree with the thread title change. @Lann ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@LannI know the legends aren’t canon anymore so can’t check the Falcons history but the shape of the Falcon doesn’t match it’s original canon appearance in Episode 3 unless that’s a pod between the mandibles which is possible considering the ship design.

Hadn't thought of that but you're right. Solo takes place after the creation of the Empire. That's a continuity error then. The Falcon in Ep III should look like the one in Solo. They will have to edit that movie for future Blu-Ray releases :D

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

This is the pre Disney Stellar Envoy. Definitely has inspired this new version of the Falcon.

latest?cb=20060923060728

This would be perfectly fine with the continuity. The "mandibles" are there. They're not in the Solo movie. Unless they were added between Ep III and Solo and then removed again.

The preveiling theory is that the ship is gonna be damaged in the film, probably during the Kessel Run. That's why the front is modified afterwards. Won't fit the continuity but I guess they won't bother much for a ship barely visible that appears for 2 seconds in a previous film #lazyass

The mandibles will always be there. It’s what is placed between them which gives the Falcon it’s shape in the two versions. 

The leaked images are probably of the Falcon with cargo pod which means the earlier version without pod can still work as canon.

The ship was originally designed as a tugboat, this is why it has powerful engines for such a small ship.

https://m.imgur.com/LExp8C6

Still dreading this...

Even more so if they make drastic changes to the Falcon.

The Ep3 point made by @Squirrel is spot on, Han talks about modifications  in Ep4 but I just assumed everybody took them to be performance modifications not a trip to Bennys.

I do have faith in Ron Howard though, hopefully he will pull it out of the bag and give us some Happy Days ;)

Edited by JuniorChubb

I can't imagine the Solo film being awful just from the production rumours so far. But it does always depend on what your expectations are. If you've invested a whole bunch into a character, cherry picking what you think makes them good from a whole bunch of previous media, then most future depictions are going to let you down. 

I only know the character from the original trilogy, and his character arc there was from 'idiot rogue into flakey hero for hire into loyal brave hero'. So my expectations about what the character should be are pretty low. He was a greedy idiot at the start of episode IV. I'm curious whether they will keep that characterisation.

• Like 2

Don’t forget Rogue One went through extensive reshoots before release including changing the ending of the film. 

I’ve got faith in Ron Howard. He always makes a good film

• Like 2

I am not dreading the film to be awful... I am sure the film will be a fun, four quadrant pleasing movie. It will do well at the box office and the critics will like it and it will have a more mature feel than the 'Episodes'.

I am dreading the end of the myth of Solo. I would have the same fears for a Fett or Obi Wan film. It is just a personal thing, the apprehension of characters you idolise as a child being fleshed out by people who may well have different opinions on a characters personality than your own. That fills me with dread... well a bit of worry and sweaty palms ;)

Same with what happened to Darth Vader. He was the biggest badass in the galaxy for 20 years, then he turned into a whiny kid who doesn’t like sand. At least he was redeemed in Rogue One. 

• Like 1

I finally got round to seeing The Last Jedi last night (3rd attempt, cinema car park full on previous 2 attempts over Xmas-NY). I was pleasantly surprised, not as full of unnecessarily cute / silly aliens as I had feared. I quite enjoyed it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No mention of the Solo trailer yet? As usual I’m avoiding Star Wars trailers but there seems to be mixed opinions of the trailer from what I’ve read. 

There seems to be a lot of hatred for the guy playing Han Solo, he doesn’t seem popular at all with the fans. I don’t think I’ve seen anything with him in it so don’t have an opinion on him. 

Most of the hate seems to come from the very vocal “if its not OT its shit” camp. Are these people even Star Wars fans? It’s also looking like Star Wars is becoming the new cool thing to hate. I don’t like that. ?

He was in Hail Caesar with Clooney a few years back. 

It seems to me that it's become "cool" to hate on the most popular things. 

People hate Star Wars, people hate Apple, people hate Marvel, people hate Top Gear, people hate Trump :D