The Football Thread.

Squirrel

3 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

how could I 😉

So how big of a cult hero was he at the Wolves?

Pretty big to be fair, hat trick away at port Vale, sent off for wearing an earing, and his name was wolf! Would of stayed around longer had he kept his d*ck in his pants "allegedly". I've even got a picture of him on my landing wall and found a programme with a feature on him in a box of old football stuff my mom and dad found. 

In fact while we are on a nostalgia trip have some pics of the stuff I found

P2dwxfK.jpg

mua9CaY.jpg

fD0hqAw.jpg

All of this will be securely boxed up and put away for years to come along with all my newspapers from various big games

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

2 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

@PaulieYeah man. I think it was 1995/1996 (in the Diekman stadium) when I visited my first FC Twente games. I was 14 years old.  And I even think my first game was FC Twente vs FC Groningen. I can still remember that game because after it I, was running for the riot police. They were sweeping the terrain around the stadium. 

I'm a lifelong FC Twente fan but not a die hard one. I've never really taken part in the great rivalries with other clubs. I just want to see my club play a nice game, win and feel the stadium atmosphere (🍻) when I go there.  And I must say I've always liked FC Groningen. Maybe it is because I lived there for some years and I really like the city. But also because of what they have achieved as a club. I think it's a difficult region to build up such a solid club. And of course because of the world class players that they were able to find over the years.... I mean Arjen Robben! Virgil van Dijk! Luis Suarez! 

Your old trainer seems to be the guy we needed. He did great things at Groningen and PEC Zwolle. I hope we can keep the current flow going.

Such great words thank you @Schumi6581 and yeah those old days in the Diekman stadium, heard so much about the crazy things that happened there, a bit like our old Oosterpark stadium. I never been there myself if started for me at the Arke Stadium but there also happened a lot of crazyness so to speak 😅 

Awesome how you spoke about the city and the club and how you felt about it, made me proud of birth town and club 😊 so thanks again 😃

And I must admit, Enschede is an amazing city also, really love the vibe over there and I am in love with the style and architecture of a lot buildings over there. 😃👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Pretty big to be fair, hat trick away at port Vale, sent off for wearing an earing, and his name was wolf! Would of stayed around longer had he kept his d*ck in his pants "allegedly". I've even got a picture of him on my landing wall and found a programme with a feature on him in a box of old football stuff my mom and dad found. 

In fact while we are on a nostalgia trip have some pics of the stuff I found

P2dwxfK.jpg

mua9CaY.jpg

fD0hqAw.jpg

All of this will be securely boxed up and put away for years to come along with all my newspapers from various big games

Just watched the goals of that Port Vale game on Youtube... That pitch though...😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Just watched the goals of that Port Vale game on Youtube... That pitch though...😁

One of the reasons why 90s football was the best! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Especially the 91/92 season. 

Steady on now, you're starting to sound like the bloody villa fans and something irrelevant that happened in 82

• Haha 1

Just a heads up, I've been sorting through some more stuff out my parent's loft, and found a load of unused 1995 Merlin Premier league stickers. Be prepared for incoming pictures

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

come on then @Squirrel what we saying about that. Absolute smash and grab from us there. we weren't even i the same stadium the first half, better the second but I think a draw ould have been a fair resultsafter the game.

It was a fairly even game. Second half we weren’t on our game but you were lucky the first half. 

Your goal was lucky but there could have been goals either way that didn’t count or happen. 

Refereeing wasn’t great for either team. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

@Crawford1872how’s Roofe doing for you?

I know I said he’s a good poacher from inside the box. Apparently he can hit them well from the other side of the halfway line too. 

Yeah, that was a great goal... and a great boxing match following.... 😂

On 10/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, CatManDoza said:

Steady on now, you're starting to sound like the bloody villa fans and something irrelevant that happened in 82

What are the Villa fans saying now 😂

11 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Fair play to Bamford. I didn't rate him as a striker, but he's proving me wrong this season.

Leeds fans are his biggest critics. We have spent the last few seasons shouting at him for the chances he’s missed. Bielsa obviously knows better and tonight showed why. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, Christian Eriksen said that he wasn't dismissive of returning home to end his career at OB. I don't know if the club looked at his current level and thought it was that time already but today our new away jersey was presented, and it just seems like they're trying to make the move from Inter as smooth as possible.

123211368_10158848393146055_775483129958

Edited by Banketelli
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the first one had gone in maybe. Rebound falling perfectly there is just pure luck. 

But saying that, it still looked awesome 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute goat.

All I read yesterday was England fans calling him a cheat for the hand of god etc. They seem to forget the other goal he scored that day was s*xy AF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Absolute goat.

All I read yesterday was England fans calling him a cheat for the hand of god etc. They seem to forget the other goal he scored that day was s*xy AF

Yeah I was thinking the same yesterday that England only remember the handball, but his other goal was unbelievable. Made everything look so easy.

Just watching some of the highlights I'm starting to appreciate 80's & 90's football stars again. He didn't dive on first touch, but kept going, sometimes even after getting tackled to the ground. Can you even picture todays crybabies trying to play those defenses? And they were not as gentle as todays to put it mildly (slower probably).

I've long maintained that as good as Messi is the idea he's the best ever is incorrect. He's not even the best Argentinian, talented though he is, he's a whining moaning little b*stard who throws his toys out of the pram as soon as the going gets tough or if everything isn't all about him.

Diego did it in a period where he got the living sh*t kicked out of him all game, on fields that looked like something from the Somme and all after having spent the night sh*gging his brains out while he's off his nut on premium grade coke. 

That video is every touch he had in the world cup in 86. Argentina were not a bad side, but he dragged them up to a level above what they were capable of. 

Plus he made the England fans upset, which is always going to endear someone to me. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, CatManDoza said:

Absolute goat.

Everybody also seems to overlook the fact that Peter Shilton should never have been beaten to that ball anyway. Yeah, it was a hand ball and should never have stood, but that was some seriously poor goal keeping as and wouldn't have happened if Shilton wasn't a sh*t keeper.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1