The Football Thread.

Squirrel

Somewhere to talk about the beautiful game. 

Its pretty well known that I’m a Leeds fan, this years Championship title is likely to go to either Norwich, Leeds or @Mythaga’s Sheffield Utd so it’s getting pretty tense as the season heads into the final weeks.

Leeds are feeling confident after a glorious 4-0 win over 4th place West Brom. Sheffield Utd’s response was a predictably dull 0-0 derby game with the other team from Sheffield.

Leeds are playing Sheffield Utd soon, this will be crucial in deciding who gets the second automatic promotion spot. 

Apparently theres other leagues in English and world football so feel free to talk about them too. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure most know I bleed Gold and Black if cut open. Massive love for Wolves always have always will. 

Currently best of the rest in the premier league, sitting pretty in 7th and in touching distance of a cup semi final. Who knows, we could be starting our season in July away in Malta in the Europa League super extra prelim rounds.

I'm always up for some chat about the beautiful game as I am not one of these numpties who hates everyone else, I'll give you some stick in jest, but will always engage in decent footy conversation.

And remember:

spacer.png

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I was manager of Gallivare Malmbergets FF in the Swedish second division north.  Got promoted in my second season in charge, against all odds, but next season got trounced in the first division north and went straight back down.  I did the honourable thing and stepped down as gaffer.  Currently looking at opportunities in China and South Africa.

I’m talking about Football Manager 19 here, in reality I support my hometown club, Exeter, and Arsenal.  They’re both sh*t.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

As much as I know @Paulie will hate this, What a result for Ajax last night. 

If you haven't watched the highlights check them out. Dusan Tadic had an amazing game and his assist for the second goal was out of this world. 

• Like 2

We discovered Tadic in first at FC Gromingen! He was my favorite player for years and I love the country he is from. He did already amazing things for our club but now he's really world class! 

4 minutes ago, Paulie said:

We discovered Tadic in first at FC Gromingen! He was my favorite player for years and I love the country he is from. He did already amazing things for our club but now he's really world class! 

He certainly showed that last night. 2 fantastic assists and a great goal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

He certainly showed that last night. 2 fantastic assists and a great goal

It was his best game ever! 

• Like 1

I'm no football fan per say (I used to be, go on you gunners) but then I became bored after Vierra, Henry, Bergkamp etc all left.

...but that Ajax played some bloody good futbul against RM. Kudos.

Yeah, what a game last night! As a Dane I've always had a soft spot for Ajax and also being a Barca fan, well, it was a joy to see. 

That jud de Jong is something else. Glad Barca already made the deal 'cause running circles around Modric and the rest of the Real midfield didn't exactly lower his price.

4 hours ago, Hurst said:

I'm no football fan per say (I used to be, go on you gunners) but then I became bored after Vierra, Henry, Bergkamp etc all left.

...but that Ajax played some bloody good futbul against RM. Kudos.

I’m a Chelsea fan Hurst, in a similar position. I just completely lost all interest in the Premiere League...

It is probably just age but the majority of players and managers seem to be mercenaries these day’s, there are less characters in the game, it all just seems so repetitive and bland.

Still love the World Cup though, always reignites my love of the game.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

5 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Still love the World Cup though, always reignites my love of the game.

Nothing like watching a russia Vs Croatia penalty shootout in a party with our TV's 20 seconds apart

• Haha 1

My local side is Odense Boldklub, known as OB. The side that did an Ajax 15 years ago beating Real on Bernabue kicking them out in the dark.😁 

The last 8 years have been hard to go through. We went from 3 runners-up, fighting with the ever annoying FC Copenhagen for the title, to struggling to stay in the league. Instead of investing in the youth, the board and owner chose to go all-in for a quick title spending crazy money on "big name" players like Roy Carroll, Mendy and United/Villa reject Djemba-Djemba. When that didn't materialize into anything other than silver, they fired everyone involved in the football section and cut the budget by more than half.

And here we are, 8 years later, only now getting back to the top half. I don't agree with how the board handled the whole transition but the club is a lot healthier now. Back to a budget where we can actually compete but with no big stars, just some young promising prospects and hard working players. That's all we need. Currently in third, though way behind the top 2 and with a lot of teams closely in pursuit. Also still in the cup. Hopefully we can grab that and hold on for bronze. The success is needed.

Sorry, that came out a bit longer than intented. What happens when you talk about your true love and you're sitting in the pub waiting for CHL to begin.😅

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Rangers ST holder for about 20 years now. Pretty much since I could hardly walk up the steps to my seat. Love it and hate it in equal measure, but that's football

27 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Rangers ST holder for about 20 years now. Pretty much since I could hardly walk up the steps to my seat. Love it and hate it in equal measure, but that's football

thats what make you love it, seen wolves relegated down to league 1, so am absolutley loving being 1th in the prem right now

• Like 1

Swansea City fan, was a season ticket holder for 15 years, 2000-2015.

From League Two to the Premier League, and now we're on our way back down after selling majority stake to a consortium of 27 hedge fund asset strippers (AKA American millionaires). Anyone with a price has been or will be sold, probably to help the owners pay Wayne Rooney more than $2.5M a year at DC United.

I refuse to give the club another penny of my money under that ownership.

As for the Championship this season, Norwich are looking like the team to finish 1st, Sheff Utd 2nd, Leeds to win the play-offs.

Best of luck!

6 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

As for the Championship this season, Norwich are looking like the team to finish 1st, Sheff Utd 2nd, Leeds to win the play-offs.

Best of luck!

Ending up going through the playoffs would be disappointing for Leeds and I don’t think my nerves could handle it. We need to get automatic promotion so I’m hoping you’re wrong with your prediction. 

The big game is Saturday when we play Sheffield. 

Still can’t believe what happened with Daniel James. He was in Leeds, apparently was already dressed in Leeds kit ready for the signing photos. Everyone thought that deal was done. 

As bad as the Swansea situation is with your owners, at least you’re not Bolton. It’s touch and go if they’re actually going to complete the season. No one who works there has been paid for a while, the rumour is if they can’t play their games all their results will be expunged which would mean massive changes in the table especially at the bottom end. 

I have a deep deep hatred of Bolton. I don't wish bad times on the players and staff, but the club can dissapear to the vanarama quick sharp.

Sad news as Louis Van Gaal has retired from football. Which is a perfect experience to play this:

Nice confident win for Leeds. Should have scored at least 5 though to help with the goal difference. 

I’ve got no idea how Sheffield got a result against Brentford. Weaker team for most of the game, hardly any possession and a man sent off. 

At least they’re a man down for Saturday. 

Well I don;t know about you lot, but I am feeling like an excited kid at christmas today!!!

MAssive game against united today for a place at Wembley, Nothing I can do will keep me occupied until Kick off time!