The Football Thread.

Squirrel

37 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

We've signed Morgan Gibbs-White on loan for the season from Wolves.

Haven't seen much of him, but heard good things.

Don't get too excited. Was pushed as the next best thing, England under something world cup winner. Decided lockdown wasn't for him and fancied partying with his 'influencer' girlfriend. Glad we've shipped him out on loan to be fair. Can see it going one of two ways, amazing season and comes back to be the next Moutinho, or he dissapears into championship obscurity. I know where I'm putting my £10

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

59 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Don't get too excited. Was pushed as the next best thing, England under something world cup winner. Decided lockdown wasn't for him and fancied partying with his 'influencer' girlfriend. Glad we've shipped him out on loan to be fair. Can see it going one of two ways, amazing season and comes back to be the next Moutinho, or he dissapears into championship obscurity. I know where I'm putting my £10

Damn. Hit or miss guy is probably the last thing we need in that position, we've had no consistency there since selling Sigurdsson.

Hopefully we can get something out of him. Think Steve Cooper has worked with him before at U17 level.

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Damn. Hit or miss guy is probably the last thing we need in that position, we've had no consistency there since selling Sigurdsson.

Hopefully we can get something out of him. Think Steve Cooper has worked with him before at U17 level.

To be fair I think you'll see the best of him at championship level, we've been watching him at prem level and next to moutinho, he looks like a lost sheep. 

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

To be fair I think you'll see the best of him at championship level, we've been watching him at prem level and next to moutinho, he looks like a lost sheep. 

You speak well of Moutinho, a player that doesn’t do forward passes... his passes are sideways or backwards... It is a player that I never enjoyed watching. 

38 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

You speak well of Moutinho, a player that doesn’t do forward passes... his passes are sideways or backwards... It is a player that I never enjoyed watching. 

Admittedly he doesn't have the forward passing rang of nerves or coady, but when he does, they are pin point and on the money. Either way for the £5nillion we paid for him he's a deal, a steal a sale of the f*cking century 

Skip to 30 seconds for a pass of epic proportions

Edited by CatManDoza

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

So, Messi wants out. Real or a strategy for a new better contract? 

I think he wants out.  Barca aren't the team they were ten years ago and he can't keep carrying them on his own now that he's getting older.  

Messi only has one destination in mind...

Juani Jimena (@JimenaJuani) Tweeted: When Bielsa was in Bilbao, I remembered that Messi in an interview for an Argentine radio had talked about him.

After months of searching, I finally found it. 💪

Messi, and his desire to be coached by Bielsa someday. 
Ok Lio, we wait for you in Leeds.

#Messi #lufc #Bielsa https://t.co/yjX9OCOFz8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Messi is going anywhere, why not join the manager who was so successful at Barcelona he left for a new challenge?

I can see him ending up at Man City if he moves

24 minutes ago, AlexHat29 said:

If Messi is going anywhere, why not join the manager who was so successful at Barcelona he left for a new challenge?

I can see him ending up at Man City if he moves

It's possible and would make sense, but Pep is only contracted at City until the end of 21 season.

If he does leave Barca, it's to join the Premier League and City is most likely to sign him. 

No other championship is worthy of him. 

Here's our new away shirt:

0_kit3.jpg

I like it, to be honest I like colourful stuff, but I won't buy any merch outta principle. Yanks ain't paying their overdraft with my money.

At least the Wolves kit is made by a reputable manufacturer :classic_biggrin:

On the plus side, great to see the back of our sports betting shirt sponsor, with Swansea University youths can wear the same shirt, instead of having the sponsor removed. Betting firms should be prevented from shirt and stadium sponsors IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Did they spill some paint on it?

Mad innit. I reckon it will be one of those sh*te shirts that is sought after in 15 years time. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s good to be back. Football once again on our screens. 

3pm matches on our screens for the first time in many years. 

I’m nervous about today’s game. There’s not going to be a tougher match this season and it’s no coincidence that it happens to be the first game of the season. 

34 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

It’s good to be back. Football once again on our screens. 

3pm matches on our screens for the first time in many years. 

I’m nervous about today’s game. There’s not going to be a tougher match this season and it’s no coincidence that it happens to be the first game of the season. 

Best time (if there is one) to play Liverpool, before they get into their stride.

Best of luck for the season. I see Leeds finishing 11th-14th. They should cause teams a lot of problems with their play style.

I'll probably watch a lot of their games. Really like Bielsa, he's box office.

Edited by DavidCore89

oooo yes indeed, footballis back, got to wait until Monday tea time for the best game of the weekend. But shall be sat watching whatever else tickles my fancy all weekend

On 9/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, DavidCore89 said:

They should cause teams a lot of problems with their play style.

I don’t think Liverpool were ready for us. 

3 goals from open play vs 4 from set pieces including one iffy penalty decision and a stupid mistake for the second penalty. 

Not disappointed at all. Scoring 3 against the champions shows we can perform at the top level. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I don’t think Liverpool were ready for us. 

3 goals from open play vs 4 from set pieces including one iffy penalty decision and a stupid mistake for the second penalty. 

Not disappointed at all. Scoring 3 against the champions shows we can perform at the top level. 

More passes and possession too.

Crazy game, but Leeds played well and deserved a draw IMO.

@CatManDoza- Gibbs-White got the winner for us and voted man of the match by the fans 👍

Edited by DavidCore89

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

More passes and possession too.

Crazy game, but Leeds played well and deserved a draw IMO.

@CatManDoza- Gibbs-White got the winner for us and voted man of the match by the fans 👍

Yeah saw that, fair play to him. Defo think he's gonna be a really good championship player, maybe lower end prem. Just can't see him fitting in our team if we carry on the way we are going. But, as always, I'm happy to be proven wrong

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Normally when the final whistle goes it’s match over. 

Man Utd scoring a penalty after the whistle has gone is bizarre even for them. 

Fergie time is back?

22 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Normally when the final whistle goes it’s match over. 

Man Utd scoring a penalty after the whistle has gone is bizarre even for them. 

Madness aint it!

similar thing happened in the FA cup second round a few years ago. My local team stourbridge played Stevenage away, Stevenage hit a 25 yard screamer to win it in the last minute, or so they thought, ref blew his whistle as he hit the ball. Didn't count, stourbridge won the replay!