The Football Thread.

Squirrel

• 4 months later...

They can all f*ck off as far as I'm concerned, might give my team a chance of winning something. But starting an elite league with spurs in it is f*cking laughable! 

I'm pretty much priced out of football these days anyway, so when we can go to games again, I'm going to non league footy. Cheap as chips, a bar that's nor rammed, and a good laugh! 

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

There’s going to be a protest at Leeds vs Liverpool tonight. I’m probably going down to it. 

Hopefully the match won’t even go ahead with Liverpool walking off immediately after kick off. 

Leeds making the perfect statement against ESL tonight. 

Without the smaller clubs getting a good result against the bigger sides there’s no passion. People want to see the drama and excitement of the unknown. 

On the other hand tonights results mean Liverpool aren’t in the Champions League places which shows exactly why they want their own competition that they don’t have to qualify for. 

• Like 3

Looks like it’s all over. Chelsea are withdrawing, if the remaining English based clubs don’t withdraw they can now be kicked from the Premier League by the majority. 

Without the English clubs ESL is meaningless, hopefully big sanctions coming in for the owners regardless. 

I can honestly see it all dissapearing with no sanctions to anyone, "it's ok, they had a mad 10 minutes, all is forgiven"

• Like 1

How the hell weren't they prepared for this backlash? It's incompetent beyond all belief. Guess greed clouds everything else.

United's vice-chairman has stepped down. Reports saying that Juve owner is resigning as president and that Perez is under a massive pressure to do the same in Madrid. 

New Barca president Laporta saying Barca won't join the ESL without the fans' approval. Like they've asked the fans. 

What a sh*tshow. 

Edited by Banketelli

Yeah, no punishment at all.

Aleksandar Ceferin, the president of Uefa, has had this to say on City’s withdrawal from the Super League project:

I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football. As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.

Bullsh*t statement IMO. 

I hope UEFA officials keep their strict position but looks like that's already not the case anymore... 

So rumors saying the ESL crisis meeting has concluded and Atl. Madrid and Barca are still in for now. I would say it's the right move. They all deserve the worst but standing together they can probably still get UEFA to the negotiations table. But damn, they really had no plan B going into this.

Edited by Banketelli

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:
Some of the trolling from other clubs is hilarious.
  Hide contents

We proclaimed ourselves winners of the 2018/2019 season as we finished 7th behind the 6 teams who signed up.

Cue all the other teams in the league taking the p*ss out of us of course!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

We proclaimed ourselves winners of the 2018/2019 season as we finished 7th behind the 6 teams who signed up.

Cue all the other teams in the league taking the p*ss out of us of course!!!

Saw that! Brillant! The "I Miss You" video as well.😂

All English clubs being reported out now. Official statement later tonight. Spanish clubs probably in too much financial trouble to face the new reality just yet. Think they really needed this. Not sure about the Italians.

I'm really enjoying this! Probably a bit too much. Most into football I have been in years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Saw that! Brillant! The "I Miss You" video as well.😂

All English clubs being reported out now. Official statement later tonight. Spanish clubs probably in too much financial trouble to face the new reality just yet. Think they really needed this. Not sure about the Italians.

I'm really enjoying this! Probably a bit too much. Most into football I have been in years.

and there we go, all out as fast as they were in, no doubt swept under the carpet by the weekend!

Yeah that I miss you video was funny.

• Like 1