The Football Thread.

Squirrel

After last season’s disaster I was cautious about posting in this thread. No need for caution now. I can’t believe we’ve done it. Best manager in the world, best fans in the world, best team in the world. 

• Like 3

Swansea can potentially steal the last playoff place from bitter rivals Cardiff tonight if they lose to Hull and we beat Reading.

I would love it if we beat them! (in Kevin Keegan's voice).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I would love it if we beat them! (in Kevin Keegan's voice).

Careful quoting that, it didn't go well for him 😄 

• Haha 1

90+6 goal for Stoke at Forest means we steal the last spot off Forest on goal difference :classic_biggrin:

Hope we get Cardiff, shame it'd be without fans.

14 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

90+6 goal for Stoke at Forest means we steal the last spot off Forest on goal difference :classic_biggrin:

Hope we get Cardiff, shame it'd be without fans.

How on earth did Forest throw that away. 

I’m happy for Barnsley doing it at the end. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

How on earth did Forest throw that away. 

I’m happy for Barnsley doing it at the end. 

I never had it down as a possibility since we needed a 5 goal swing. Sickener for them.

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I never had it down as a possibility since we needed a 5 goal swing. Sickener for them.

It just shows what happens when a team is under pressure. 

Championship playoff semi-final 1st leg tonight at home.

On one hand I'd love us to win the playoffs again, but on the other I know we'll get annihilated in the PL as our broke hedgefund consortium owners won't get the chequebook out.

• Like 1

Final day of the prem aswell. Hopefully by 6pm, Wolves will have equalled or bettered spurs's result sending us into europe again, and Bournemouth win, villa lose and send the brummies down

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Final day of the prem aswell. Hopefully by 6pm, Wolves will have equalled or bettered spurs's result sending us into europe again, and Bournemouth win, villa lose and send the brummies down

Should be a good final day, so much to play for.

I think Villa will stay up, that win over Arsenal was vital. Could also argue Villa have the easiest game today out of all 3.

Best of luck for Europe!

Edited by DavidCore89

7 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Should be a good final day, so much to play for.

I think Villa will stay up, that win over Arsenal was vital. Could also argue Villa have the easiest game today out of all 3.

Best of luck for Europe!

you're right, they do, but theres always hope I can gloat! lol

• Haha 1

Watford and Bournemouth join the already relegated Norwich. Looked likely.

Watford go through too many mangers IMO, they had this coming. Think Bournemouth are capable of playing good stuff, but this season they seemed to sit back too much, they still concede a lot but don't score enough anymore. Playing 442 too, so always gonna have less possession being outnumbered in midfield, relies heavily on the forwards but Wilson has done nothing for them.

1-0 win for Swansea in the 1st leg. Missed a penalty and hit the post. Brentford red card. 2-0 and I would have been confident for the 2nd leg 😬

That was the only plus of villa staying up, Watford going down. 

Not only do they go through managers like I go through a packet of bourbons, I bloody hate troy deeney

• Like 1

Not too disappointed in losing the semi-final, we're not cut out for the PL in our current state.

Brentford and Fulham are much better suited. Would be nice to see Brentford win the final, very good side.

1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

@Squirrel as my resident Leeds expert, is Kemar Roofe any good? We've just signed him

I've seen Roofe quite a bit, scores goals, just doesn't look like a striker for some reason, despite being decent in the air.

Not sure if he was injured a lot this season or if Bielsa just preferred playing Bamford, who IMO is not as good.

He should do well, good signing.

1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

@Squirrel as my resident Leeds expert, is Kemar Roofe any good? We've just signed him

Good poacher but prone to injury, couldn’t quite handle Bielsas fitness regime. 

12 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I've seen Roofe quite a bit, scores goals, just doesn't look like a striker for some reason, despite being decent in the air.

Not sure if he was injured a lot this season or if Bielsa just preferred playing Bamford, who IMO is not as good.

He should do well, good signing.

We sold him to Anderlect so he didn’t play for us this season. He spent most of the season injured there. 

Bamford has great hold up play but struggles to hit the target. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

We sold him to Anderlect so he didn’t play for us this season. He spent most of the season injured there. 

Ah that's why I haven't seen him lately.

Says he scored 6 in 13 for Anderlecht, so a goal every 2 games, but you're right, he missed a lot of games.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, DavidCore89 said:

Ah that's why I haven't seen him lately.

Says he scored 6 in 13 for Anderlecht, so a goal every 2 games, but you're right, he missed a lot of games.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Squirrel said:

Good poacher but prone to injury, couldn’t quite handle Bielsas fitness regime. 

Damn, that's not really what we need but hopefully it can work. I thought his numbers seemed a little odd. Cheers!

The european dream is over for this season. Sitting here reading wolves fans blaming VAR for encroachment on our penalty but they fail to notice the fact, we were sh*te and out plyaed from the penalty onwards. Massive gulf in class between the two teams, hoping we don;t lose too many platyers before next season starts!!!

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...