The Cayo Perico Heist DLC

Lann

In the blow torch prep mission, the yellow hard hat makes it extremely easy to walk around and find the toolbox, acts as a disguise.

It's on the top floor, where you exit the elevator before you go down a level on foot if the mission is at the Mile high construction site.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 1

I think last night suggested this DLC is pretty buggy and the heist doesn't really run properly with more players.

4 of us attempted to stay undetected in the compound and I swear at times it alerted the guards eventhough I'm pretty sure none of us did anything to warrant this.

Could this be caused by any potential lag? Game thinking someone else on your screen walked into a cone of vision, eventhough they didn't on their screen?

Not counting all the times when we actually DID alert the guards though. 😁

On top of buggy stealth mechanics, pretty much all of us experienced blue screens and application errors.

We might be limited to 2 player heists which also allows to enter some of the secondary targets places and makes taking down pairs of guards much easier.

Also, still no idea how can you come anywhere close to the potential take, as each player is limited to carrying around $450.000 worth of loot. So even with a more valuable primary target that barely makes it over $3M in total. 🤔

Edited by zmurko

I've just done the basic heist (just the files, no bonuses) on my own with only 2 restarts. I'm sure if I wanted to re-do this lots of times I could soon learn where the enemies come from and avoid getting killed and remember my way around the compound better. Did all the preps for reducing the enemies weapons etc, but not any other optionals one. I don't know why I bothered hiring air support, sniper etc as I never even got an oppurtunity to use them. So considering my combat abilities I'd say this is pretty simple to do solo.

I have found it buggy. A couple of prep missions did not start and I had to quit, a bit like RDR2 was for stranger missions sometimes. It's also annoying having to switch sessions to get into one that isn't full of CEOs already to do the preps. This is the main reason why I have been doing this in 'solo' public sessions, so apologies to anyone who tries to join on me and can't, but I got pissed off not being able to even start as a CEO and get going.

I'm not sure how many other times I'll do this. I'll certainly try all the prep missions once and get all intel, just to experience it, but not sure about re-doing the finales too many times.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Stealth has always been a broken mess in this game. Lots of players talking about being spotted for no reasons. It's one of the mass complaints from players that is actually warranted.

People also stating that the potential take is an unachievable lie.

This heist is basically best done all alone, 90 minutes or so for 1.5 million and players are quickly figuring out ways to get around the limitations and frustrations that R* has purposely put in place to annoy us.

Has anyone found The Loch Ness monster yet?

Alot of things i dont understand. A major thing is.. what are R* expecting me to grind heists for? The fun indeed, but that will wear of. It might just be me being grumpy over the lack of cars in this update, but if they simply would have added 30 cars and a unlockable garage/storage after doing all elite heists or something.. I would be on there robbing all day. Now i still enjoy doing them, but i have no idea what to do with the money. Save for stand alone version i guess.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

Stealth has always been a broken mess in this game. Lots of players talking about being spotted for no reasons. It's one of the mass complaints from players that is actually warranted.

People also stating that the potential take is an unachievable lie.

This heist is basically best done all alone, 90 minutes or so for 1.5 million and players are quickly figuring out ways to get around the limitations and frustrations that R* has purposely put in place to annoy us.

Has anyone found The Loch Ness monster yet?

I think @Beezhas seen Nessie

I like the heist. Great way to make money alone as it quickly done. Should be done in less than 2 hours once you know how to be more efficient. 

It is bugged though and we're gonna need a patch soon. I also got the prep missions not starting a couple times. 

Also my sub kept bouncing on the water after I spawned it. It spawned somewhere at the airport once but couldn't find it lol. Must have been under the map or something. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lann said:

Alot of things i dont understand. A major thing is.. what are R* expecting me to grind heists for? The fun indeed, but that will wear of. It might just be me being grumpy over the lack of cars in this update, but if they simply would have added 30 cars and a unlockable garage/storage after doing all elite heists or something.. I would be on there robbing all day. Now i still enjoy doing them, but i have no idea what to do with the money. Save for stand alone version i guess.

Not going to grind it at all. It will be one and done and only because it's solo. 

Did the heist sneaky and alone last night.

Went pretty well but while I was entering the safe combination I got spotted. Have no idea how because there was no one in the cellar area. (Maybe a dead body got spotted upstairs???)

Because of that I had to get out of the compound really fast and did not get any coke or other secondaries.

Still got the 1.1 million for the files and only needed to pay Pavel's fee of 22.000.

But will always prefer to do them together... Laughing on your own is boring 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Did the heist sneaky and alone last night.

Went pretty well but while I was entering the safe combination I got spotted. Have no idea how because there was no one in the cellar area. (Maybe a dead body got spotted upstairs???)

Because of that I had to get out of the compound really fast and did not get any coke or other secondaries.

Still got the 1.1 million for the files and only needed to pay Pavel's fee of 22.000.

But will always prefer to do them together... Laughing on your own is boring 🙂

Did you blew up the fence with the little explosives in the basement? Because I think the alarm goes off if you use those. If you want to exit silently you need to either pick up bolt cutters somewhere or do the Cutting Torch prep mission.

• Thanks 1

I did the longfin approach this morning, and then drove down to the drainage tunnel and entered there. It worked well, just barely made it without drowning as i had no scuba gear. The longfin setup is fairly easy, but so is the submarine one when you have a Stromberg in your sub.

Yeah, I did the same the other day and a south drop with the stealth anihilator and then a swim to the drainage tunnel too. You start losing your health during the tunnel swim part (after cutting), but then your character comes out the door into the compound with full health again.

Don't recommend the helicopter as your vehicle, as its actually 2 prep missions, stealing a helicopter and getting a pilot. But I'm going for the award for using all approach vehicles.

I timed myself last night from start to finish (scope, preps & finale) and it was exactly 1.5h and it wasn't really the fastest prep or finale either. I did park my Kosatka where the LS river ends deep inside the docks to reduce time flying back and forth with the Sparrow.

Edited by zmurko

So I decided to scope out ALL targets on the island.

Once done I returned to LS and saw the message that says i had scoped out.

Left the console on as my son wanted me to clear some space on his ps4.

Changed user on his console to me in order to uninstall.

Came back and realized I had logged myself out on my console.

Loaded back in, the scoping out was not "done" and I had to do it again.

Now to what might be interesting, all the targets were the same, so as soon as you pay the $25 000 to get going the targets are likely set.