The Cayo Perico Heist DLC

Lann

😮 What! thought the guard clothing was I waste of time because the corona still existed on the guards. You can skip so much prep missions, save time & earn the full carry bag with elite challenge at a level 1 rank. waw!

Edited by Smurf

25 minutes ago, Smurf said:

@Lann Why didn't you use the finger print keypad by the fireplace in the office after removing the picture?

It was on hard and i figured maybe 5 fingerprints would be longer than simply run down. And i would have to hack the door downstairs or elevate up and run down after grabbing the main target anyway. It might not be the fastest, but i am not loving the fingerprint hacks anyway. 😃

2 hours ago, Lann said:

My fastest solo hard elite, 7:59 and $1 552 400.

Nice! I need to learn that route from the drainage tunnel to the office, it's so much faster than going around (I'm just really comfortable with it, could do it with my eyes closed probably).

Btw, you had a Nowitzki, Dončić, Nowitzki combination on the safe. 😉 🏀

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, Lann said:

A new $ pb (not counting awards $). Could have been more if i had two coke instead of 1 coke, 1 weed and cash. And i only got 50k from the safe.

qW4dF3b.jpg

Beat your PB. :classic_biggrin:

EsrX2HTXAAEaHbu?format=jpg&name=small

Almost didn't make the Elite challenge, as I was having some forklift issues, needed almost 2mins just to get to upper level. :classic_laugh:

But it was an interesting approach alltogether. Land in a Velum, grab weapons in the hangar, grab 1 coke from upper level, steal a jeep, drive to North dock, shoot and avoid some guards, grab 2nd coke, grab guard uniform, pick up a supply truck, drive to the compound, grab money from the safe (around $65k) and steal the Pink diamond, then get out, jump off the cliff and swim out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lann said:

My fastest solo hard elite, 7:59 and $1 552 400.

Damn nice time! But why in the hell didn't you just go right, out of the compound, and go to the water behind the generator and the back of the compound and get one of the patrol boats? You could have shaved an EASY minute!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Damn nice time! But why in the hell didn't you just go right, out of the compound, and go to the water behind the generator and the back of the compound and get one of the patrol boats? You could have shaved an EASY minute!

Thanks @zztop911 Does it always spawn there? Will try!

5 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Why would that be faster? 

You have to run quite a bit, stop to shoot, swim to the boat and then have a decent amount of sailing to the edge where it triggers the end of heist, since you start in a bay (much further from the edge).

This way (Lann's), you get yourself pretty much closest to the edge of the map by driving a relatively fast bike there. I'm pretty sure even the short swim in scuba gear is faster than a longer sail in the boat from beneath the compound.

Definitely doesnt shave a minute, even if it IS faster, as the entire escape once you exit the compound to when it triggers the end is 1:14 long (Lann actually lost a good 10s in his video). It could be merely few seconds shorter perhaps and you're taking a chance of boat actually being there too.

Edited by zmurko

I tried that route getting a boat, but i slipped on the rocks and missed the shot. Swimmed for 3:20 before drowning.

Next attempt (restart), no boat spawned. Took a 15 sec motorcykle ride to the other cliff, and a 1:00 swim to escape. 

Yet to try with a boat!

The boats have not shown up once and I've ran the heist MANY times.

With two people, the quickest we've done is 8:28 and that's missing the first boat that added about 12-15 seconds. That's with Gold in the outside storage spots. One would go to the basement for the main object and the other going to the office at the same time. We had to make two stops in the outside storage to gather all the gold.

Whoever got to the outcrop behind the generator, usually got the first shot on the boat coming from the right, but the other would go to the outcrop to the left of the generator to catch the one coming from the left or catch the one that came from the right if it got past the other guy and visa versa.

If you get to the edge of the outcropping you can jump and land on your feet at the water's edge without tumbling down. 

I've kept this particular heist for quite a while and ran it many times for a friend, but the main intent for saving is to get work this heist in the quickest fashion. Naturally the quickest method  is entering the tunnel and only taking loot from the compound.  I have other methods of entry and tons of other loot found. This lets us play around with all sorts of different heists we can pull off.................and we've explored LOTS of them! LOL!

I've sorta burnt myself out on doing them. It's been a week since I've run a heist.

The point of all this rambling is that I'm sure that Lann could have cut some time off his outstanding solo run. One minute may be a little optimistic, but there is time to cut there. The two key points in his fast times was getting the key when he did and two paintings in the office. If he ever gets one like that again, I'm sure he can beat his best with the going to the right outta the compound.

That being said, it's quite possible that if Lann had got off the bike at the outcropping instead of flying off it, it would have given the game time to spawn a patrol boat. That could be a ploy to explore further.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

If any of you guys want to run this heist with me and play around with it, just let me know via psn msg and let's see if our schedules work out.  We can pick out any approach you want to try. I'll host it. but you'll make all the calls on how and where the heist runs. I do like playing the heist more than making any money.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

3 hours ago, Lann said:

I really enjoy the planning to make the most out of a pink diamond and several cocaine on hard. 💎💵🥷

Let me know Lann. You can run my heist any way you want. There are quite a few ways to run it fast and clean or slow and methodical, max money or anything below.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

5 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Let me know Lann. You can run my heist any way you want. There are quite a few ways to run it fast and clean or slow and methodical, max money or anything below.

Thanks @zztop911. I noticed that since one can do the preps and finale solo most people squeze them in when they get a opportunity in their irl-day. That possibility and the fact one usually make more money solo have turned these heist into a solo thing. Its imo a bit sad as doing it as a group is much more fun for most. Our TGIF event is a great way to get these heists into a social thing and much fun! 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, zmurko said:

Beat your PB. :classic_biggrin:

EsrX2HTXAAEaHbu?format=jpg&name=small

Almost didn't make the Elite challenge, as I was having some forklift issues, needed almost 2mins just to get to upper level. :classic_laugh:

But it was an interesting approach alltogether. Land in a Velum, grab weapons in the hangar, grab 1 coke from upper level, steal a jeep, drive to North dock, shoot and avoid some guards, grab 2nd coke, grab guard uniform, pick up a supply truck, drive to the compound, grab money from the safe (around $65k) and steal the Pink diamond, then get out, jump off the cliff and swim out.

I got a new $ pb. Without a single bullet fired. 😀

o5Q3BoE.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lann said:

Thanks @zztop911. I noticed that since one can do the preps and finale solo most people squeze them in when they get a opportunity in their irl-day. That possibility and the fact one usually make more money solo have turned these heist into a solo thing. Its imo a bit sad as doing it as a group is much more fun for most. Our TGIF event is a great way to get these heists into a social thing and much fun! 

Yeah, I've seen that occurring also.

Whut TGIF event?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

11 hours ago, Lann said:

Not sure i follow. Do you mind explaining?

I was saying do it with a diving suit on to swim faster & cut down time at the end basically. I dont know if you had to purchase the rebreathers or got them from the mission. Not having one & needing one would be bad. I fell off the bike right beside the last guard at the end 🤣  😂 that scooba gear saved my life.

• Like 2

I think you always have the re-breathers, it's just the game doesn't always tell you about them. Just press left on the d-pad and see if they activate. But be aware they can run out unexepcedly. I had one attempt nearly fail swiming away under water (before I knew the best way to do that) and my rebereathers supply went from 20, 19, 18 then 0.

Another question. Are there always 4 sets of guard uniforms? My current attempt I can only find 1. Looked in all the places I know and some more found on a map.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Another question. Are there always 4 sets of guard uniforms? My current attempt I can only find 1. Looked in all the places I know and some more found on a map.

I am only guessing, but i dont think i ever seen four different spots with uniforms, but one ”box” do contain uniforms for all players.

15 minutes ago, Lann said:

I am only guessing, but i dont think i ever seen four different spots with uniforms, but one ”box” do contain uniforms for all players.

it's just back in the sub on the hesit prep screen, intel, points of interest, for uniforms (bolt cutters and grapples as well) they are listed as out of 4. Implying there should be 4 of each to find. I've definitely found 2 sets of uniforms on some occaisions but never gone looking for more.

• Like 1