The Cayo Perico Heist DLC

Lann

Looks like R* made this a bit harder. I've re-visited this a couple of times this week, and the method I used to use of soloing it, stealth mode, not getting detected, easy elite challenge completion, no longer works. I always get detected doing the exact same that I used to do that never got detected. At first I thought it must be I was doing something wrong, having not tried this heist in well over a year. But it keeps happening, and it's usually when I am using the fingerprint scanner to get into the basement. So I have got that far without being spotted, then suddenly, inside the office, not a guard in site, the alarm goes off. Last time I did this I noticed a brief message pop up "a body has been discovered". So it looks like the previously stupid guards who would ignore the bodies of their dead comrades, no longer do that. A brief web search seems to confirm this. The update is probably a few months ago.

It's still a very good money maker. You can usually get out of the compound through the main gate, grab a bike, drive off the cliff and swim down the trench to escape without much problem. You just won't get the easy elite challenge bonus and may take a bit of damage and lose a few 1000 $.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

I have found there is still a way to do this undetected, it is harder though, especially your escape. Basically you have to not kill some of the guards you would previously have killed, and that includes those that drop the key that gets you quickly to the main gate to escape. Around the central building, where Rubio's office is on top floor, there are 3 of personal body guards. I used to kill all 3 without being detected. Now you have to creep past the two on the ground floor, which is not that difficult, and make sure you kill the other one in a single headshot; any misses and another guard hears the bullets I think. The trouble now is getting out if the one you kill does not drop the key. So if I can I get the grappling hook from the air str*p or near the beach where the whale sometimes spawns. That way you have the option of climbing over the wall to get out, without having to kill more guards in the hope one of them drops the key/code to a side door.