Made a GP style race with a Health Pitstop in GTA mode. Idea was to use it for the big GP event that Gunner is planning. No idea if it's good enough for that, needs some ppl to test it please and let me know if you like it. there are some ramps in it, but it's not "mega" jumps, just small jumps with choice of routes so that neck and neck with contact on 2 ppl can still fit, but you would need to hold your lane and race clean for that too work ;-)

http://rsg.ms/73e74a3

(I installed Firefox so that I can post links hehe )

Description:

Long race with changing terrain and -Road- types. Some chicanes. Gta pitstop at the xeno Gas Station on the 2nd straight. About 5 minutes per lap. All classes possible, made for Supers though ;-)

Edited by SINISTER120
Added Tags

That map looks interesting! 

Normally I'd say that's quite a long lap for one of our races but will be fitting for the endurance events. Will have to see how the supers handle the forest section and the run down the rails. Will traffic be off for the race?

I did all my testing with Supercars, the rails are no problem, if you get it just right you can even sit right on top of the tracks and get "normal" acceleration, it's accident prone though, but I thought that was a feature hehe.

the Forest section is the most tricky and was the hardest to integrate, getting from the tracks back to the highway section took me time and 3 attemps with different routes. The one I have now worked best imho, but it requires you too slow the hell down when you exit the track section... trial and error right?

Trafic needs to be off, would have liked to leave it on, but the trains are too unpredictable and would most likely ruin the race for whoever runs into one.

Trafic needs to be off, would have liked to leave it on, but the trains are too unpredictable and would most likely ruin the race for whoever runs into one.

Haven't you noticed my style of race creations. I do wish you could have more control over when the train appears. Would make jobs easier to plan although the unpredictable nature of the train can certainly mix things up. No good for a serious GP style race though

I'm terrible at long, endurance type races.  This track is certainly different than the current styled GP races other creators make.  Using the train tracks and the forest area isn't something that I'm used to with super cars.  It works if you know how to handle the car though.  Good job.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this race, well done Bump, I only had an issue going through the second train jump, but in any way your fault, once we get to know it we should slow down before that one :). Well done

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

thanks for the feedback guys :-)

I made some changes this morning, took the first chicane a little further back so that you don't land right on top of it ( you guys are quicker than me so in my tests that never happened). I kept it tight though as it's meant to be a tough bottleneck spot.

2nd Railway jump I angled the big ramp further to the right and also moved the checkpoint further back.

2nd Chicane I added some floating direction markers as I think someone said it was unclear where to go?

Did the same for the track comming out of the railway into the forest section.

And yeah, you need to either handle a supercar really well for the forest, or bite the bullet and actually slow down ;-)

If you see any more stuff please let me know. I'm happy that you guys enjoyed the race!!

*edit* Squirrel, did you mean the barrier at 0:44 in the video? Its part of the original central crash barrier, I will change it though so that the tirewall reaches the end of the barrier, that way the brighter coloured crash barrier won't seem to come out of no where.

* and that crash jump was truly impressive! ;-)

Edited by MrBump360

MrBump: Does it need more testing or is this ready to enter the regular section? If ready, do you want me to move it or do you want to created a new thread and have me delete this?