Whacked Out Wednesdays (GTA & RDR)

JustHatched
JustHatched
Message added by JustHatched

To RSVP for ths event, do so on the calendar by clicking HERE

Wednesdays is both a GTA and RDR event, right (sorry if I'm misreading it!)?

Either way, happy to chill on Wed in RDR doing whatever you guys need help with or some stranger missions / gang hideout run, for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlCohonez said:

Wednesdays is both a GTA and RDR event, right (sorry if I'm misreading it!)?

Either way, happy to chill on Wed in RDR doing whatever you guys need help with or some stranger missions / gang hideout run, for example.

Not GTA "and" RDR, it's one "or" the other. See 2nd post, I try to keep an outline of the next few weeks there. We are tending to alternate between GTA one week and RDR the next. But I've always said this time slot is available for someone to host a one off event and Con is doing that in GTA this week. It will be RDR next week.

It is looking like this week overall is going to be more GTA focussed than usual due to the crew anniversary and us not yet being able to host playlists in RDR.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ok, got it! Shame I sold my GTA copy long ago, would have jumped in at least for the vetting, I remember the anniversary gigs being especially bonkers (in all the good ways!).

Anyway, I'll patiently wait for the RDR's turn and hopefully will be less of a noob by then :) 

PSA to all RDR folks: feel free to add me to friends list and send me an invite when you see me in RDR2 and feeling like getting a posse going!

Edited by AlCohonez
  • Like 1

RDR this week (tomorrow, 21:00 GMT)

The plan is I make posse, if there's more than 7 of us then we split in two and someone else makes a posse as well, we head to a nearby stranger mission. But if any gang hideouts appear on the way then we do those instead. If we do a gang hideout please wait for the whole posse to arrive before you start shooting. 

As most people know some stranger missions have a habit of not starting right away, or sometimes not at all. I don't know if this always works but it seems to me to help if you keep horses away from the start point. Hitch them up nearby if you can or if not then everyone else move away and just the posse leader go to the stranger. I think part of the problem is when the mission needs to spawn wagons or bags and there are people and horses where those need to spawn. There are other issues as well even when no wagons or bags to spawn, I suspect that might be linked to other players somewhere on the map where the game needs to spawn something for the mission. But nothing we can do about that.

Edited by djw180
  • Confused 1

Thanks for tonight, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it! Shame we didn't manage to get a big posse going but maybe later we can figure it out. I'm up for more RDRO over the weekend if anyone's interested.

PS: Apologies for nearly blowing someone's head off with the sawed-off, believe it or not but I was attempting to wave goodbye! :D

10 minutes ago, AlCohonez said:

PS: Apologies for nearly blowing someone's head off with the sawed-off, believe it or not but I was attempting to wave goodbye! :D

No worries :P 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Lann said:

Any plans for this week @djw180?

Whacky races this week.

With the new RC races and R* stunt races on double $ we'll do a couple of those, some new crew creations along with the usual sort mix of other races.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RDR this week (tomorrow, Wednesday at 21:00 GMT)

I'll attempt the same as usual, i.e. all join my posse, do stranger missions, if we come across gang hideouts on the way do those first.

But if we have the same problems as last week getting everyone in a posse we can just try to do the gang hideouts. I think we can all work together to do those without being in the same posse, just be careful not target each other. We're getting to know at what times gang hideouts spawn https://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/forums/topic/18375-gang-hideout-spawn-points/ so I'll see if I can have a route planned that should takes us to active hideouts at the right time one after another.

A train take over is another option.

After doing that for a bit we can join a showdown, gunrush or race series to finish off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I will be joining for 30-45 mins on my lunch break.  Very likely no mic.

At the moment I'm not sure what will be happening, unless we get a couple of more RSVPs.

Our neighbours are coming round this evening to discuss some things and I was hoping they would have been by now, but they haven't. If they do come whilst I'm in-game I will have to drop out at very short notice. So it would be better if someone else can form the posse if they haven't been by start time.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

At the moment I'm not sure what will be happening, unless we get a couple of more RSVPs.

Our neighbours are coming round this evening to discuss some things and I was hoping they would have been by now, but they haven't. If they do come whilst I'm in-game I will have to drop out at very short notice. So it would be better if someone else can form the posse if they haven't been by start time.

Stuck working still.  Might not make it

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

WoW is in GTA tonight. It will probably be a racing based playlist but I'm open to including other types of job if numbers allow that. So please make any suggestions you have if you're RSVPing.

It's meant to be RDR tonight. I was hoping the new races would have been released and we could do those, but it looks like that will be next week. Stranger missions and gang hideouts are now working for me again (so far anyway) so we can do those if people want to.

I get the impression there is not too much enthusiasm for RDR online at the moment, so if you'd rather do a GTA mainly races playlist please say so and we can do that instead.

I'll take an RSVP as wanting to do RDR stranger missions & gang hideouts as that is what the schedule says.

Post here if you want to do GTA instead. 

I'll make a decision an hour before the scheduled start time.

There's still nothing new in RDR for us to do so I am going to assume there is no interest for an RDR event and do something in GTA tonight. So RSVP if you want GTA. If you would prefer RDR then post here saying that. I am happy to go with what the majority want.

Assuming it's GTA it will be like last week. A playlist of a mix of XDBX and R* jobs, putting R* jobs (some double $) upfront to try and get randoms in. Please do make suggestions. I think it's RC Bandito and Stunt races on double $.

Also this is the last time I can host for 3 weeks. Unless someone else wants to host there will be now WoW after tonight until 3rd April. So anyone want to do something for one or more of the next 3 weeks?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, djw180 said:

There's still nothing new in RDR for us to do so I am going to assume there is no interest for an RDR event and do something in GTA tonight. So RSVP if you want GTA. If you would prefer RDR then post here saying that. I am happy to go with what the majority want.

Assuming it's GTA it will be like last week. A playlist of a mix of XDBX and R* jobs, putting R* jobs (some double $) upfront to try and get randoms in. Please do make suggestions. I think it's RC Bandito and Stunt races on double $.

Also this is the last time I can host for 3 weeks. Unless someone else wants to host there will be now WoW after tonight until 3rd April. So anyone want to do something for one or more of the next 3 weeks?

I hope to be available today for some GTA goodness.  :) 

Today will be my last day for WoW as well, at least for the foreseeable future. :( Stupid work!