XDBX Madden 16 NFL Connected Franchise

Dodge

XDBX Madden NFL Connected Franchise

I have talked to a few members of the crew about starting a Connected Franchise Online. There seemed to be some interest. So I would like to create a Franchise for us to play. The Guidelines are as follows:

The Game Settings will be set up by me, the League Commissioner. We will run on All-Pro with a Realistic Slider setup I found online.

To play, you must:

1. Be able to complete 2-3 games per week. They are mainly played against the computer, so it can be done on your own time. Head 2 Head games can be scheduled by the players. I know Tuesday Nights are free from GTA...
  2. Agree that all XDBX Rules apply. We play the game the way it was intended. It's American Football, play it that way. Don't run the same play over and over agian.. etc.
  3. Fun must be had For Fuck's Sake.

So who is interested?

This season is scheduled to start the week of March 7, 2016. If you are late to the party, you can still play. You will have to select a team that is available, and will start using them from the current week in the season. 

We will be running as many consecutive seasons as possible, so player management, and draft management will come into play. 

Team Selections are as follows, and we will be using actual teams with the Updated 53 man Rosters.

Player - Team

Dodge - Rams

Hogan - Bills

Complex - Bears

True - Jaguars

SS - Chargers

PDX - Panthers

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truelife98

• Dodge

• lIIlCompleXlIIl

• kernalhogan

I know @lIIlCompleXlIIl said he was interested. He will be getting Madden this weekend. So we are at least waiting until then to start a new season. If you care to pick up a copy, I think this is going to happen. Even with only 5 or 6 user controlled teams, the season should be a lot of fun. 

If you clicked yes in the poll, please post here to get your name down for the season. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

3 hours ago, Dodge said:

I know @lIIlCompleXlIIl said he was interested. He will be getting Madden this weekend. So we are at least waiting until then to start a new season. If you care to pick up a copy, I think this is going to happen. Even with only 5 or 6 user controlled teams, the season should be a lot of fun. 

If you clicked yes in the poll, please post here to get your name down for the season. 

Yezzir. If I drop the wife off at work tomorrow, I can run and grab a copy.

I would say let it run until whatever date you decided to start, but even then, others can join up if they wanted to, but they would have to play their team from where ever they are in the season, and without knowing the rankings. So say We start up with 6 people, week 4 comes around in the season, and Ninja pops in saying he just bought the game, wants in. Sure, what team do you want? These six are unavailable. You want the cowgirls? Ok they are 1 win and 2 loss's at the moment, good luck! Something like that. Seems to be the best way to fill a season, and I look forward to season 2 and 3!

• Like 1

Yea. I was thinking about that last night. I think that is the best way to go about it. 

Also at the end of the season, comes the draft. Now that has to be done LIVE. So we need to set a date and time for that. Of course we can do it without someone if needed. The computer Wil Autodraft for you if you like. But that will be another hurdle to overcome later. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

4 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Yea. I was thinking about that last night. I think that is the best way to go about it. 

Also at the end of the season, comes the draft. Now that has to be done LIVE. So we need to set a date and time for that. Of course we can do it without someone if needed. The computer Wil Autodraft for you if you like. But that will be another hurdle to overcome later. 

Yeah the LIVE Draft will be a challenge. Too bad you can't set a pre-order of people you want for an auto-draft. I'm not sure if that is the case in Madden 16 or not. If it is possible, Just make sure every team owner completes their scouting reports, and sets up a preffered player table for the draft, then put it on auto draft. The way this works in NFL Fantasy Football, is if you can't make the draft, it will draft in order of your preferred player list, next available. Do you, or does anyone know if Madden '16 has added this?

24 minutes ago, truelife98 said:

How do free agents start when season starts is it first come first serve or is their a order

There should be a bid war style. You can have something like, bids can be placed from monday night 8pm est until thursday afternoon, say 3pm est. Highest bid wins. Since you have to pay a contract

EDIT: If rosters are updated to current, which I believe dodge said was the case, each team for 2016 season will have a $155.27mil salary cap. <<SOURCE>>

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

27 minutes ago, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

There should be a bid war style. You can have something like, bids can be placed from monday night 8pm est until thursday afternoon, say 3pm est. Highest bid wins. Since you have to pay a contract

EDIT: If rosters are updated to current, which I believe dodge said was the case, each team for 2016 season will have a $155.27mil salary cap. <<SOURCE>>

I just don't recall if Dodge had said realistic weeks or as played. If as played, then IDK lol

EDIT: Ok, yeah I re-read the OP. Yeah 2-3 games a week is as played. So that's a good question. 

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

In the first season, free agents will be first come first serve. But because we are staring the season with the 53 man active rosters reported as of week 17, your team will be full. So collecting free agents may be a challenge. Now trades work until the week 8 deadline. 

In the off season, the free agent bidding war will commenced as usual. 

I hope this clears things up a bit. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

1 minute ago, Dodge said:

In the first season, free agents will be first come first serve. But because we are staring the season with the 53 man active rosters reported as of week 17, your team will be full. So collecting free agents may be a challenge. Now trades work until the week 8 deadline. 

In the off season, the free agent bidding war will commenced as usual. 

I hope this clears things up a bit. 

So during season one, it's either trades, or add/drop first come first serve. Got it.

3 hours ago, Dodge said:

I screwed up trying to quote you dodge. I only ask because going thru it today there are some decent players on the free agent list that I would gladly drop someone off any roster to add them. So was curious since I never did a online connected season if the game set a limit or if we would set one something like during first day or 2 you are only allowed a set number off free agent pickups. This kinda gives everyone playing a chance to comb thru list and upgrade their team if they want. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna leave it open. You can take the short term answer on free agency,  or think more long term. The Franchise should be able to run for about 20 years if we so choose to do it. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Just now, Dodge said:

I'm gonna leave it open. You can take the short term answer on free agency,  or think more long term. The Franchise should be able to run for about 20 years if we so choose to do it. 

Sounds good shoot the draft will be new to me I usually trade all my picks away thru out the year. Lol

• Like 1

I'll be picking up the game sometime this weekend, should be good to go by Monday at the latest. It's not like anyone else is going to want to pick them, but I am selecting the Buffalo Bills. 

• Like 2

Just now, kernalhogan said:

I'll be picking up the game sometime this weekend, should be good to go by Monday at the latest. It's not like anyone else is going to want to pick them, but I am selecting the Buffalo Bills. 

Go Bills! Lol, my second favorite team. If someone else had wanted the Chicago Bears, I was going to let them take 'em and go with Bills... So now I just take Chicago Bears! Hogan, I take it you are a Bills fan then??

1 minute ago, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

Go Bills! Lol, my second favorite team. If someone else had wanted the Chicago Bears, I was going to let them take 'em and go with Bills... So now I just take Chicago Bears! Hogan, I take it you are a Bills fan then??

Oh ya, big Bills fan. I live just across the border from Buffalo.

• Like 2

It looks like all who are interested will be ready to go by Monday. If it is sooner, post it here. But as of now, I will create the league this weekend so everyone can get loaded up. I will also post more details about how we are doing this as I create the league. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

So when you start a League on Connected Franchise (CF), you have the choice of playing as a Player, Coach, or Owner. For this league we will not be Players. As that will lock into being just that player, and you will have no control over the team. We can be a Coach, or an Owner. Coach has control over all team decisions. Pickups, drops, trades, depth chart and so on all the way down to play calling. Then you can control any player on the field. An Owner has the same abilities as a Coach with the addition of all Front Office responsibilities. Stadium Upkeep, ticket and concession prices, etc.

FYI, I will be a coach. I don't need to waste time with Front Office nonsense. This game offers plenty to keep you busy without worrying about Front Office crap. 

As far as the coach or owner goes, you can create a custom character. Which I always do. So you can too. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png