Updates GTA

Lann

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the spot close to the Arena, did two cars and like the location. The gta+ 100 garage is a five floor location, resemble the arena war floors, but afaik you cant modify the (imo plain) looks. I will stick with my current 50 car garage that has plenty space. Cars look great, mission been fun. Also did a tow-job, fairly easy 45k.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lann said:

Bought the spot close to the Arena, did two cars and like the location. The gta+ 100 garage is a five floor location, resemble the arena war floors, but afaik you cant modify the (imo plain) looks. I will stick with my current 50 car garage that has plenty space. Cars look great, mission been fun. Also did a tow-job, fairly easy 45k.

Cool. I have at least four hours before I even come close enough to sniff my ps5. I can’t wait to sort my garages out later. I’ve wanted that option for a very long time. 
I’ll use the 100 car garage cause the gta+ hit the card while I slept. 

• Like 1

I don't know if I like the animals they have added or not. I have already flattened a deer, swerved to avoid cats multiple times and nearly hit a cow! I have not checked if they appear in races yet; here's hoping they don't!

But it could be time for another photo competition on the theme of Wildlife @Beez?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I have not checked if they appear in races yet; here's hoping they don't!

It would be cool to have an option to turn it on or off, like traffic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

It would be cool to have an option to turn it on or off, like traffic 

You can turn animals on and off in the creator.

• Like 2

Against my better judgement (I usually wait for the discount), I bought the Strawberry scrapyard and $1M tow truck. Only did the Weevil robbery and getting that Skylift from sandy shores was a disaster. I certainly did it wrong since I died like 10 times. But I could have just hopped into my Kaiju (which disappeared after I died a few times) and at one point I was planning on driving away in a merryweather jeep to then call the Sparrow but I found an open shipping container and was able to kill the buzzards with little cop interference. I think I will enjoy looking for smart ways to complete these setups. 
Towing isn’t terrible, but I hate having to drive to Blaine to retrieve cars, just time consuming, especially without the job warp, that has now been patched, just when I had learned how to master the technique. I got a towed car stuck but it eventually respawned down the road and I just had to hook it again. So don’t panic if you get your towed car stuck, just give it a few seconds to respawn. 

My advice is if you are low on funds, don’t get the scrapyard as other biz get you better pay for the time invested. Why would you want to waste $5.7M to spend almost an hour with the setups and robbery to make $300K, when the Export gets you half of that for a fraction of the time and effort. It’s insane, really. 

Paleto Bay is full of deer, a family of them helped me avoid the police, which was nice. I was on the road and the cops were heading my way, so I dipped into the grass, and made the family of deer flee towards the road and it made the cops move just enough for the vision cones to miss seeing me. 
I also came across a cat in Little Seoul, hope it got out safe. I tried to rescue it but it took off like a rocket. 
Haven’t seen any dogs yet. Maybe tonight. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Yesterday was day two of Kamel Tow Time, and did the Omaggio robbery. I’m really liking the difficulty level of getting little homie out the can and dealing with the authorities. I died a few times again during that as I underestimated the precision of the NPC shooting. I eventually just shot the panel but hopped over the wall next to the weapon stash leaving homie safe in the parking lot, I ran until I had a place to call the mechanic, since my PV at the time was the OMK2, but the Car club option was a faster option so I tried it, and sure enough, I had the Toreador delivered. Making it easy to pick him up. But wasn’t easy getting away from cops in a non armored Toreador. It was fun, though. Homie died on me one time too. The shenanigans are on the twitch.

A trick I learned last night was during the tow truck retrieval missions, if you get one of the LONG delivery ones, just swap sessions, seems to work every time.
But don’t quote me on that. There is nothing like having both tow jobs in the city.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Wanted to exchange ideas about ways to use the 5*20 garage that the gta+ suckers now have available. 
I have no need for it, as i have enough free spots in other garages. 
I been considering collecting nice of the street/free cars that i like, like a entire floor of Phoenix or Mananas. 
So far rather weak ideas just to make use of it..

What would you do?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lann said:

Wanted to exchange ideas about ways to use the 5*20 garage that the gta+ suckers now have available. 
I been considering collecting nice of the street/free cars that i like, like a entire floor of Phoenix or Mananas. 

What would you do?

I am a GTA A+ subscriber, but no need of the 100 spot garage either.  Have 50 - 60 available spots as of right now.  I’m actually surprised you don’t need the car space @Lann You and @Con have just about every vehicle available. 
I am looking forward to taking advantage of the easy ways to customize garage space.  I will surely devote certain levels of garage space to the the various vehicle classes.  

This is why the 100 car garage has value to me. 
You see when my grandfather was a boy…lol

What happened was one night I was out minding my biz in LS when I got an invite to the LS Car Meet by some random. Next thing you know, I’m buying cars from players and only reason I did not buy more was because at the time of the Mercenaries DLC the only garage spaces I had were 8 slots in the Eclipse BLVD garage and maybe three other random empty ones throughout my properties, this is after I liquidated space by selling half of my Hotring Sabre fleet.
With rumors of future DLCs and XMas updates, I felt I had no choice but to sell those hotrings for garage space. Sure I could have sold the Washington and Penumbras of the world, but what fun is that? 

Although I probably could have managed without the 100 car garage, I’m glad I have one. 

To answer Lann’s question, I had planned on using my 100 car garage as a showcase, but once I entered it and saw the layout, I have decided to use the 100 car garage as a storage unit mostly. Some floors will be organized by vehicle type but nothing fancy. I’ll keep my active and favorite cars in the Dynasty and Maze Foreclosure property garages. 

And honestly, I didn’t feel like a GTA+ sucker, until yesterday, when I realized I went several months missing out on getting my first character really expensive cars for free!! What a missed opportunity.
Only reason why it dawned on me yesterday was because I decided to figure a way to utilize my first character to generate some money with as little investment possible, so I started the Freakshop stuff since they pay a first time bonus. Not sure if I’ll buy the acid lab but I’m leaning that way. All the other stuff takes a lot more money and time and effort for sure.

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lann said:

I think that if they would have made the 5*20 garage more of a nice showroom it would have attracted more players. 

Had they made the 100 Car Garage a luxurious absurdity, we would never hear the end of it how R* wants you to pay extra for the real nice stuff. 

But I agree that it could have been nicer. They could have given us the choice of decor like in the vehicle warehouse and auto shops. The reason I decided not to use it as a showcase garage is that layout. It’s too Arena War for me with the cement columns. Like you said, give us floors with 20+ slots on each floor, basically triple the Office Garage. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lann said:

We should get both a HSW and a removed/”wanted”* cars thread going (*to buy cars of eachother)

sounds great. If no thread is created by the evening, I’ll create one. I think having a scheduled crew(s) ls car meet is genius. 

Stupid question but if I buy a car from a player at the ls car meet, does the player get the money or does it go to R* bank account?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Con said:

Stupid question but if I buy a car from a player at the ls car meet, does the player get the money or does it go to R* bank account?

From what I understand R* gets the money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 1:07 PM, Lann said:

What would you do?

I've been struggling with enough garage spaces since the dawn of my GTA career. So with the recent 50 and 100 car garages I'm finally able to freely organize my garages the way I like to.

Currently I'm writing down all the cars I have at the moment and the cars I still want. Then I'll try to categorize them in fun and diverse setups like 'Japenese Tuners', '80's Supercars', 'Rally Masters' and 'Extreme Muscles' to name some ideas. 

Plan is to get most of my spaces filled up, some cars in different variations like a street legal car and a race version of the same car for example. 400+ cars is my goal as the maximum is around 430 I think, I'm at around 275 cars right now so quit a long way to go but still got around 200 million saved up to burn up. 

• Like 4

The recent organizer tool tempts me to reconsider my current setup, along with my Excel-sheet the possibilities seems great to first structure different options in the excel before moving around. The only downside is the risk of not being able to align future dlc-cars into a existing structure. Right now my strategy is a new garage for each dlc. 
My bank is also seriously drained down to 50M.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 2:11 PM, Lann said:

The recent organizer tool tempts me to reconsider my current setup, along with my Excel-sheet the possibilities seems great to first structure different options in the excel before moving around. The only downside is the risk of not being able to align future dlc-cars into a existing structure. Right now my strategy is a new garage for each dlc. 
My bank is also seriously drained down to 50M.

The new organizer is amazing, you literally can alter any garage in a matter of seconds. This weekend I moved cars around and it took maybe 10 minutes. Without the organization option, the same tasks would have taken me at least 3+ hours, perhaps even more with all the mechanic cooldowns. 

I’ve decided to leave all the Imani Tech cars in the Agency garage, what a concept. l guess I just never cared about Imani tech cause all my Imani tech cars were spread out. I think they released Imani tech too late for players like me who had already survived $11M public lobby sales without the need of a lock-on jammer or oil slick mines. 
But I will keep them in the agency from now on and as soon as Imani tech goes on discount again, I will then apply the tech.

• Like 2