RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

1 minute ago, TheBoyBry said:

The French Connection - Gene Hackman (1972)

We've already done that film :D 

It was literally the first one we did!

• Haha 2

Never seen this so I’m looking forward to it.  Three hours! Nice :) 

Just seen that William Shatner is in it too!

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

6 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Never seen this so I’m looking forward to it.  Three hours! Nice :) 

Never seen it either probably cause it’s Three hours of court drama in B&W. Lmfao. Quite the contrast to JoJo Rabbit, that’s for sure. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

I've never seen it either, just picked by going through the list of winners and looking for something I'd like to see. Maximillian Schell is a fine actor from what I have seen him in though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since we’ve been delayed in picking a genre for this month because of the site moving how about we all just nominate our favourite film (or one of them) and @Con can spin for the winner in a few days.

I’ll be nominating The King of Comedy

• Like 2

Just now, Con said:

Sorry won't be able to "pin, feature, or promote"  this or any other thread at the moment, looks like I have lost admin privileges after the move. 

No worries man.  Notifications also don't seem to be working, even though I'm following this thread.

@djw180 @Fido_le_muet @Spinnaker1981 @Beez @TheBoyBry @Smurf @Sinister @omarcomin71 just tagging the most recent people who have replied in this thread so you know this is still a thing 🙂 

• Like 2

Thanks for the tag @LimeGreenLegend still trying to adjust to this new website...

So, if its a no theme nomination, I will go with "La vita  è bella" Directed, scripted and brilliantly performed by Roberto Begnini!

This is, probably, my all time favourite movie! it is brilliant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Con said:

Sorry won't be able to "pin, feature, or promote"  this or any other thread at the moment, looks like I have lost admin privileges after the move. 

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

No worries man.  Notifications also don't seem to be working, even though I'm following this thread.

@djw180 @Fido_le_muet @Spinnaker1981 @Beez @TheBoyBry @Smurf @Sinister @omarcomin71 just tagging the most recent people who have replied in this thread so you know this is still a thing 🙂 

Off topic but just an FYI, @Con I have not setup permissions yet

@LimeGreenLegend, check your notification settings, they may different here by default, I don't remember. If that's not it then re follow the thread as it may be out of sync

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Brilliant choice @Spinnaker1981

If it gets picked up it will be finally time for the Mrs to watch it ! 

I'll nominate The Butterfly Effect. Saw it a while ago but I have a very good memory of it and I wanna see if it's as good as I remember it 😄 

• Like 2

March nominations so far

The King of Comedy

Rescue Dawn

La Vita è Bella

The Butterfly Effect

The Mission

Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Wayne's World

Gallipoli 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

So many "favourite" films to choose from. Hard to say which is actually the favourite. So at this moment in time I will nominate The Mission.

• Like 2

You’re all going to hate me if this comes up but it is genuinely my favourite film of all time. 

Transformers: The Movie. 

It’s the 1986 animated version obviously not the CGI remake with Shia “just do it” LaBeef

• Like 3