RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

giphy.gif

This has changed the way I consume all your movie reviews!!! And I love that now I can hear my reviews before I post them. Thought i'd share it with you all, will come handy for those long reviews I write!! Now you wont have to read them and can just listen to them! Sure you still have to cut and paste text because we post images in the reviews, but still, you can now have coffee and listen to the reviews eyes-free!! 

I enjoy listening to Lucy from the UK and Heather from the US. lmao. You can speed them up or slow them down. It's brilliant. 

https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's coming up to the end of the month so we'll be saying goodbye to Blue Ruin.  I've watched it but still need to write up my notes.  Remember there is no time limit for watching and reviewing any films we cover.

With that said, lets get a new category for May.

I'll kick things off by nominating Westerns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, omarcomin71 said:

Is action comedy a category? (i.e. Bad Boys, 48 hrs.)  If so that’ll be my nomination. 

Yes it is.

• Like 2

May genre nominations so far:

Western

Action-comedy

War (x2)

Chuck Norris

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Already have one in mind ! 

I start thinking about what to nominate for everything everyone picks as soon as I read them 😄 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Already have one in mind ! 

I have a few, it's just whether I go newish for the cinematic or a bit older. They used to show some great ones on Sundays in the BBC or itv from the 60s and 70s

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

My category is:  Con's Rack..... lol 

5TV1evA.jpg

May appear as if I staged the DVDs but I can honestly say that this is the way they have been for the past few years. That's the last time I remember arranging them around. There is a row behind the ones you see. We have two of these bookcases, the other one you can tell has my wife's films. This one was exclusively for my DVDs. Sadly we stopped collecting them in 2009 when a family illness halted our DVD marathons. 

• Like 2

I did a random roll of my own based on some genres we've not really had yet. What came up seemed to be covered by a couple of the existing nominations. So I'll just leave it at that. No nomination from me this month. Happy to go with with whatever turns up.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Con said:

Since my rack doesn’t qualify...my genre is: Chuck Norris Films

Your rack is gorgeous, but too random 😄 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Your rack is gorgeous, but too random 😄 

I know what the real issue with the rack is....lack of musicals. That is why you won't accept it. Maybe Mrs. Con's Rack entices you more, she rocks the RomComs:

PYlNVhl.jpg

Yes, your eyes are seeing right. That is Glitter Special Edition. LMAO. And @LimeGreenLegend if you look closely you can see Grease in her collection. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Con said:

Since my rack doesn’t qualify...my genre is: Chuck Norris Films

Damn I was already to pick Kalifornia   🙂 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Con said:

My category is:  Con's Rack..... lol 

5TV1evA.jpg

May appear as if I staged the DVDs but I can honestly say that this is the way they have been for the past few years. That's the last time I remember arranging them around. There is a row behind the ones you see. We have two of these bookcases, the other one you can tell has my wife's films. This one was exclusively for my DVDs. Sadly we stopped collecting them in 2009 when a family illness halted our DVD marathons. 

Do they not teach the concept of alphabetical order where you grew up?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Con said:

I know F comes before U. 😄 

No justification, just straight to the insults as you clearly know what you are doing is unacceptable behaviour in a civilised world and that there is no defence for your actions.

You're one of those people who doesn't sort their CDs/Records etc. by artist and then each artist in chronological order aren't you?

You sicken me, basically you're worse than Hitler.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, Con said:

In case anyone was wondering, the consolation spin went to Transformers: The Movie...we almost watched cartoons this month. 

(The consolation spin is just a second spinning of the wheel for fun)

One day I’ll get that film nominated and inflict it on you all. Maybe you should all watch it anyway 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

You're one of those people who doesn't sort their CDs/Records etc. by artist and then each artist in chronological order aren't you?

How do you sort out solo artists when they do work away from their main group? Do you put Phil Collins next to Genesis or before Queen? 

Phil Collins would be under Collins, Phil. 

That's the only sensible way of doing that. I mean where would it end if you didn't? You'd have Genesis, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike and the Mechanics and Peter Gabriel all in the same place and with no seeming logical order it would be too much of a shock to the system to deal with.

In fact, taking that option to it's extreme what would you do with Paul Rodgers, he started in Free, then did Bad Company, some other smaller bands, plus some solo stuff released as Paul Rodgers and then joined Queen. You'd have no logical way to sort it, unless you go for Rodgers, Paul and file under R.

The very fact you even had to ask that at least clears up why your spreadsheet game is so poor!

Edited by doubleg213
  • Haha 1