RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

Too many great comedy films to choose from. So I generated a random number between 1 and 100 and went to IMDB's 100 All Time Greatest Comedy Films and my pick is

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

January nominations so far:

Four Lions

Grandma's Boy (x2)

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

The Great Dictator

Wrongfully Accused

Moving

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Ok, I nominate “the great dictator”. 
Comedy is not my favorite theme, just because most comedies are Just someone and that just ruins it for me, usually. 
lets see if this works... 

• Like 2

Comedy is the best. Biggest problem in this world is that folks have eliminated (or never had) their sense of humor. Screwball, slapstick, etc is my favorite. Today I feel they rely too much on grossout and potty humor.

Leslie Nielsen was GOD so lets go with Wrongfully Accused.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Con said:

Four Lions....I have never heard of it...that's gonna be fun. 

You may have to break out your British slang dictionary again :D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Con said:

Four Lions....I have never heard of it...that's gonna be fun. 

Likewise... first for me as well

3 minutes ago, Con said:
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's the Oscars next month, and like last year we will be choosing a winner of the big golden baldie for our film.  However, instead of best picture winners, which we did last year, we will be doing one of the following, which will be randomly drawn by @Con on Monday, if he has time:

director

actor

actress

screenplay (original or adapted)

cinematography

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, LimeGreenLegend said:

It's the Oscars next month, and like last year we will be choosing a winner of the big golden baldie for our film.  However, instead of best picture winners, which we did last year, we will be doing one of the following, which will be randomly drawn by @Con on Monday, if he has time:

director

actor

actress

screenplay (original or adapted)

cinematography

Monday has come and gone.... the lack of a topic "shortcut" is hurting the remaining content of the forum...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

the lack of a topic "shortcut" is hurting the remaining content of the forum...

Yeah, I miss that too.  So easy to miss stuff now.  If @Con isn't able to do it tonight I'll do it tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Do we have to nominate a film in which the actor won or we can choose any film from an actor who won best actor ? 

The film they won the Oscar for. 

Nominations so far:

Capote (2005) - Philip Seymour Hoffman

Marty (1955) - Ernest Borgnine

The Artist (2011) - Jean Dujardin

Judgement at Nuremberg (1961) - Maximilian Schell

My Left Foot (1989) Daniel Day-Lewis

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Then I nominate the only french actor to ever won this award : Jean Dujardin in The Artist

I accidentally watched this a few years back. Lmao. What had happened was, I was looking for The Disaster Artist (2018) and the stream service played The Artist (2011) I watched a few minutes waiting for James Franco and the color to arrive and it never did. I was pissed but intrigued at this B&W film, but had zero interest in watching it. A few days later, I gave the search another try and once again it played The Artist but this time I ended up watching the whole thing. I do remember liking it despite the B&W and silent format. 

This is the first time someone mentions it here and is why I never had shared that story before. 

• Haha 2