The Duellists 

1492: Conquest of Paradise

Black Hawk Down

Alien: Covenant 

Thelma and Louise

Gladiator

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

There are a few of his films I could pick and give a 10/10 to before rewatching, more his early ones than later. So I'm going to wait and see what the rest of you pick and then choose from those of my favourites not already picked. How much time do we have to choose @LimeGreenLegend?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Wow, I figured everyone would be basic and put Alien or Blade Runner, bravo.

Thelma and Louise. 

This ain't a film club for basic bitches :D 

• Haha 3

OK, my choice. 5 of his films are amongst my all time favourites. Two have been picked already, The Duelists and Thelma & Louise. Another is Alien but we've had sci-fi and horror recently, so I won't pick it for this month. That leaves Bladerunner (The Director's Cut) and Gladiator.

I tossed a coin and my pick is

gladiator GIF

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

I would tend to agree. I have seen the gladiator 3 or 4 times, know a lot of lines by heart! It is an Amazing movie, but it was a huge blockbuster! Everyone saw it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's nearly December, so we'll be watching a Christmas film to get in the festive spirit.

die hard falling GIF

I won't be nominating Die Hard, as I suspect at least one of you will, instead I'll nominate the all time classic, It's a Wonderful Life

classic film christmas movies GIF by Greetings

This will be our 12th film club film, so why not look back over the past year and see if there are any of our picks you've not seen yet, and maybe check them out over this holiday season.  Links to them all are in the original post of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So a film that happens to be set at Xmas is OK, even if it is not very Xmassy? I f so then I have to nominate Brazil. 

if it needs to an actual Xmas theme, I would nominate Bad Santa (never seen, so assuming it is Xmassy)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djw180 said:

So a film that happens to be set at Xmas is OK, even if it is not very Xmassy? I f so then I have to nominate Brazil. 

if it needs to an actual Xmas theme, I would nominate Bad Santa (never seen, so assuming it is Xmassy)

Being set at Christmas is fine (like Die Hard), and since Brazil is one of my favourite films of all time, I have no problem at all with you nominating it :) 

• Like 1