RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

7 hours ago, Squirrel said:

You’re all going to hate me if this comes up but it is genuinely my favourite film of all time. 
Transformers: The Movie. 

Nope. Don't hate you as prefer animated to musicals. lol. Plus that animated movie is epic and classic.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Con said:

Don't hate you as prefer animated to musicals

What about animated musicals? 😛

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

What about animated musicals? 😛

I find that many animated films sneak in a lot of song and dance numbers. Probably why i never gravitated to animated features. lol. I think the last one i saw I liked was Antz?

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Con said:

I find that many animated films sneak in a lot of song and dance numbers. Probably why i never gravitated to animated features. lol. I think the last one i saw I liked was Antz?

Then you should what Sausage Party

• Haha 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

2 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I’ve now given every thread in this forum the new RSC Film Club branding, so @JuniorChubb you and your Vans lads are more than welcome to join in 🙂 

I intend to join in, so long as the picked film is avaliable on netflix/prime/dodgy android apps. 

I try to have one night a week where I watch something I haven't seen before, but I always struggle to decide what to watch!

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

4 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I try to have one night a week where I watch something I haven't seen before, but I always struggle to decide what to watch!

Feel free to add to any of the previous threads, there's no time limit on watching and commenting on the films we've already done.  We've already built up a pretty varied selection over the last year.

Just now, LimeGreenLegend said:

Feel free to add to any of the previous threads, there's no time limit on watching and commenting on the films we've already done.  We've already built up a pretty varied selection over the last year.

I've just had a quick glance over the previous, think I've only seen 4 lions, but that was too long ago to remember anything. I think I'll start a fresh with the latest pick.

Just don't expect too much of a review, I'm not too much of a wordsmith!!

Just now, CatManDoza said:

Just don't expect too much of a review, I'm not too much of a wordsmith!!

No worries dude, you can write as much or as little as you want.  There's still time to nominate a film for this month's draw before @Con spins the wheel.  The theme for this month is favourite films, so name one of your all time favs and we'll throw it in the hat 🙂 

1 minute ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

No worries dude, you can write as much or as little as you want.  There's still time to nominate a film for this month's draw before @Con spins the wheel.  The theme for this month is favourite films, so name one of your all time favs and we'll throw it in the hat 🙂 

Well in that case, it might not be the best film ever, but for sure it's my fave film of all time..........it's....

waynes world snl GIF by Saturday Night Live.....party time, excellentjamming waynes world GIF

• Like 2

I’m in!

I can’t promise a whole heap of commitment but had always thought this was cool after seeing it on the XDBX website.

So at this point I just nominate one of my favourite films?

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

8 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I’m in!

I can’t promise a whole heap of commitment but had always thought this was cool after seeing it on the XDBX website.

Yup.  We usually nominate genres aswell, but there hasn’t been time for that what with the merge, so we’re just doing favourite films this month.

After that Con puts them all on a roulette wheel and spins for a random winner.

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I’m in!

so long as it's not star wars!! 😉

19 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

so long as it's not star wars!! 😉

Yup, no Star Wars suggestions from me. A bit predictable really, so best to avoid them.

55 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yup, no Star Wars suggestions from me. A bit predictable really, so best to avoid them.

Looks like I'm just waiting on your nomination so I can spin the wheel. No pressure. lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Con said:

Looks like I'm just waiting on your nomination so I can spin the wheel. No pressure. lol

Tough to call on the spot...

Watched this as a kid and it has stayed with me ever since, Gallipoli.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Tough to call on the spot...

Watched this as a kid and it has stayed with me ever since, Gallipoli.

cool, looking forward to joining in, time to trawl the various subscription services and dodgy apps to find it. Thats Sunday night sorted

Edit: de Niro & Scorsese = excited

Edit 2: It's on Prime, sorted

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 2

Just went to buy the DVD on Amazon and the film is available on Prime!

Result 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Just went to buy the DVD on Amazon and the film is available on Prime!

Result 👍

Don't forget to check with your local library too. In fact, I might have to do that so I can find last months film. 

• Like 1

I didn't get a single film of mine picked last year, now I already have two in 2020 and it's only March! Now I know what @Spinnaker1981 feels like 😄 

So glad this got picked as it truly is one of my all time favourite films.  If you've seen the recent Joker movie you will notice that it "borrows" a lot from this, but this is Scorsese and De Niro, so it's just better in every way 😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I didn't get a single film of mine picked last year, now I already have two in 2020 and it's only March! Now I know what @Spinnaker1981 feels like 😄 

So glad this got picked as it truly is one of my all time favourite films.  If you've seen the recent Joker movie you will notice that it "borrows" a lot from this, but this is Scorsese and De Niro, so it's just better in every way 😄 

Just had some lols reading the negative reviews on Amazon 😂

Are there spoiler rules etc for this thread as I was going to share them?

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

Just had some lols reading the negative reviews on Amazon 😂

Are there spoiler rules etc for this thread as I was going to share them?

Those can be the best reviews 😄 

No major spoilers in this thread, but go crazy in the movies individual thread.

• Like 1