Nightlife Update

Dodge

I need to see what everyone is doing with the update. Post your pics and stories!

Did you create the ultimate garage, kick ass dance club, or just a hub for all your business endeavors?

DON'T FORGET THE PICS!

Dodgeservice.png

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• zztop911

• PretendWereDead

• Lann

My only question is: Is it worth it when it comes to profitt. Will it be a way to maximize your earnings or just another way to take money out of us?

No clue on profit but I've never cared about it. I figure it will take some time to figure that out since the stuff just came out.

I'm sitting on way more than I need so I went all out on my club. About 5 million to fully load one, on first purchase anyways. DC said there are other purchase options once you own it.

I've got 50+ empty parking spots. Time to fill them up :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

My only question is: Is it worth it when it comes to profitt. Will it be a way to maximize your earnings or just another way to take money out of us?

I kinda doubt it, but you don't have go get supplies yourself any more. Your workers will do that.

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I kinda doubt it, but you don't have go get supplies yourself any more. Your workers will do that.

Yes, in that sense, it generates profit passively. Nothing to do. 

The club generates money from your other businesses : 

• special cargo
  • weapons manufacturing in the bunker
  • all the MC business (weed, fake cash, coke...)

You can recruit 5 guys to work in your nightclub warehouse and you can assign them to take care of one of the business.

They do all the work and you just sell your stock when you want. 

I noticed there are combos possible when selling to different clients. 

Don't know what it does but I imagine there is a bonus when you make a sale. Like the combo in the import/export for selling 2 or 4 cars.

Also the club generates 10k every game day if your reputation is maxed out.

After playing for about 3 hours, with 3 workers in my club, I currently have about 60k. But I spent around 350k to recruit the guys...

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting read about what's to come in the coming weeks

https://gtaforums.com/topic/912852-the-after-hours-complete-dripfeed-database-including-vehicles-and-more/

Of particular interest is a truck that will act as a hub for all our businesses, like we thought the club would be. 

So start saving your millions for that thing ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One thing I've discovered so far is that you don't have to have the MC businesses open in order to make nightclub product from them. Both my coke and meth were shut down and empty before this update, and still made nightclub product once I allocated a technician. No LJT for me! ?

It will be interesting to see what the ratio between time in game and nightclub product accumulated is. It'll also be a while before we get a comprehensive idea of what the sell missions are like for the nightclub product, and how easy it is to sell has always been the main criteria that I judge the passive income in this game by. Hopefully it will work out as a much better way to make money from the MC businesses that I already own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@The_Lady_A I could not allocate a technician to a business that was not open.

They aquire stock slower and at a lower sell price than normal. Which is fine given I am not spending any money or getting supplies myself

I've been sitting doing nothing in-game for about 1.5 - 2 hours so far this morning with technicians assigned to "Sporting Goods" (bunker) and "South American Imports" (Coke). All upgrades purchased. So far the bunker has generated 3 units worth $5,000 each and the coke 1 unit worth $20,000. I have not tried selling yet so don't know if there's a more profitable harder / longer sell option.

The club itself generates money just by being there, up to $10,000 a day (in-game day). But you do have to promote the club to keep that at the maximum amount and other's can attack you whilst doing that. I think if you kill another club-owner whilst they are promoting their club it promotes your's instead. The promotion looks like being relatively simple missions; the two I have had were put up posters about the city and fly a blimp playing music over specific locations.

• Like 1

Club makes 10K a day, but it's long gone when bunker costs alone is 9K a day :lol:

35K for 2 hours of idle is also very poor. I played around 16 hours yesterday and only had 144K in stock. I can make that in 30 mins elsewhere.

Very disappointed, thought streamlined businesses would be beneficial.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

It’s passive income so anything that is minimal effort is welcoming so you can use your time for more lucrative pastimes. 

@DavidCore89 interesting that you mentioned the bunker costs. 

The good behaviour bonus combined with the nightclub earnings will definitely balance out against other daily costs from businesses etc. Just a shame the money from the club isn’t automatically deposited in your bank. Can the capacity of the safe be increased?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

@The_Lady_A I could not allocate a technician to a business that was not open.

That's weird that it permitted me to do so. I'll double check it later but the only businesses that were greyed out for me were the ones I don't own.

Regarding the value of it as a passive money maker, when I read the thread about it on GTA Forums last night the best estimates were that the values for each product were weighed in the way you would expect, and while they each take different time to generate the $ per hour was such that if you had five technicians running guns, crates, coke, meth, and cash it works out to around the same value as the bunker. Since a lot of us run bunkers for passive cash anyway it does seem like a bonus to something we're doing already.

• Like 1

@Lann the club runs independent of the other businesses.  You can manufacture from the bunker while having one tech also collect guns for the club.

You cannot resupply any business from the club. When the Terrorbyte is released, we are supposedly able to run source and resupply missions from that. It's the new MOC/Avenger that is also needed to upgrade the Oppressor MK2.

From what I've seen so far, it seems to be optimal to run 2 techs. 1 for guns, 1 for cargo, while also manufacturing from the bunker. It will take a long time to see any return on investment for the club. It looks to me that the income from the techs will offset the basic operation costs of the businesses. So unless you are manufacturing from a business, it will not be worth it.  The combo sale bonuses may prove this wrong.

I'm interested to see how the MC business upgrades affect the club techs income.

My setup for grinding is now this:

Manufacture from bunker

Tech for cargo

Tech for guns

Steal cars for I/E

Hangar cargo if I have 2 or more helpers

Also, I've read that dancing successfully will raise your clubs popularity. The promo missions do not seem to be cost effective, but I can't say for sure at this time.

Edited by Jjss924
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jjss924 said:

@Lann the club runs independent of the other businesses.  You can manufacture from the bunker while having one tech also collect guns for the club.

You cannot resupply any business from the club. When the Terrorbyte is released, we are supposedly able to run source and resupply missions from that. It's the new MOC/Avenger that is also needed to upgrade the Oppressor MK2.

I wonder if it will let you buy supplies without going to the businesses, then it will be handy. Do suply runs? not so much....

9 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I wonder if it will let you buy supplies without going to the businesses, then it will be handy. Do suply runs? not so much....

I hope so, I never run supply missions.

I did a sell mission, just to see what it was, only sold 4 items worth $35K. It was 1 van, 3 drops spread out between LS and Grapeseed, 20 minutes max (took < 10), $10K bonus if no damage to the Van. Tony took $5K.

After doing the math, the nightclub is a pretty bad money sink. Unless the upcoming content somehow ties in to it, it's really not worth the investment unless you just have to have it.

I own everything else so I just had to have it. The dancing cracks me up, worth the purchase for that alone :)

Should also prove a useful tool to grief randoms with.

@djw180  You were right, my businesses were active and that was the only reason I could allocate technicians. At some point between me shutting them down a few weeks ago and buying the club yesterday they reopened themselves without triggering the LJT phonecalls either. Quite a strange little bug.

Might be staring me in the face and Im missing it, but how can I add pictures onto my posts?

*preparing to facepalm*