Did you see any good cars today ?

JustHatched

I'm just not a fan of the Electric/Hybrid movement. Although, this car seems to maintain the look of a traditional Passat. Which is where I think most manufacturers fall short. They try to make some ridiculous, futuristic version of a car already being built with a combustion engine, or create some outlandish new vehicle that is quite literally, the ugliest car ever built.

• Like 4

Dodgeservice.png

I just don't know about VW at this point. I have a 2012 Jetta TDI and love it but I'm not sure I will once they issue whatever recall they will to "fix" their self-inflicted emissions issue.

I am guessing the "fix" will reduce power and torque as well as my miles-per-gallon and I am assuming I won't be able to register it next year if I don't take it in for the recall.

Also it has reduced the resale value of it. I think I might be done with VW-Audi at this point and I've owned 6 of them.

I'm sure VW will be squeaky clean after this mess though.

The car would get me around on Electric power 90% of my miles (50 km on electricity). And the tax as a company car is very low. I have had a Passat before (bio gas) and i like the feel of the VW.

And as far as the looks, it's one of the nicer Electric cars i have seen.

Cars & Coffee this morning :

22466998565_b32be9d9c0_c.jpg

Volkswagen Beetle 1300 'Herbie' '67

22280195899_1e01447a53_c.jpg

Subaru WRX STi

22279371768_0200f8c4fb_c.jpg

Renault 8 Gordini

21844405444_8d4ee41fe6_c.jpg

PGO Cévennes

21844460514_da9482395c_c.jpg

Ford Gran Torino Sport '72

22279184800_5a049b90b9_c.jpg

Jaguar E-Type (Series 1) 4.2

22279347750_f548f439f2_c.jpg

Buick Skylark Sedan '67

22467355685_03783064f8_c.jpg

Volkswagen Golf (Mk1) Ute

• Like 4

I saw Lamborghini weaving in and out of traffic on Interstate 5 headed towards La Jolla.

Looked like a white Zentorno.

I couldn't get a picture of it but I grabbed an image from the web of what it looked like. I wonder what the insurance premiums are for these bad boys.

https://autoandrive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lamborghini-veneno-internet1.jpg

Not just insurance but the service costs are mind boggleing. Road & Track did a series called "The Cost of Owning a Supercar" oil change costs as much as regular car.

• Like 1

You're not seriously telling us you saw a Lamborghini Veneno right ?

It sure looked like it. He was moving pretty good through traffic.

You're not seriously telling us you saw a Lamborghini Veneno right ?

Could have.  He was on I-5.  I saw all sorts of nice cars yesterday on my way back to Las Vegas.

Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, etc... those are typical daily drivers in the LA area, I'm sure.   :lol:

We have some Lamborghini's running around Las Vegas too.  Not the Zentorno looking ones though.   :P

But there are only 3 Venenos on the planet !

I'm so jealous right now !

Just like the original smaller Sesto Elemento, I'm pretty sure the Veneno isn't street legal.

Wow I wasn't aware of that fact. It makes me think that maybe it wasn't. 

However there are a lot folks with money in the La Jolla/Del Mar area so it wouldn't be surprising.

If it was I guess I should feel lucky.  Whatever it was it looked badass!

Wow I wasn't aware of that fact. It makes me think that maybe it wasn't.

However there are a lot folks with money in the La Jolla/Del Mar area so it wouldn't be surprising.

If it was I guess I should feel lucky. Whatever it was it looked badass!

It could have been an Aventador Superveloce. Still ungodly expensive, but looks very Zentorno from the back.

2015-lamborghini-aventado-20_1600x0w.jpg

lamb0-sdn3ewds-sv-2015-ac-003.jpg?itok=5

In comparison, here's the standard Aventador, but it doesn't look near as edgy.

Lamborghini_Aventador_LP700-4_tuning.jpg

Edited by Torrid

It could have been an Aventador Superveloce. Still ungodly expensive, but looks very Zentorno from the back.

2015-lamborghini-aventado-20_1600x0w.jpg

lamb0-sdn3ewds-sv-2015-ac-003.jpg?itok=5

In comparison, here's the standard Aventador, but it doesn't look near as edgy.

Lamborghini_Aventador_LP700-4_tuning.jpg

That may have been what I saw.  All white with black trim.

mvsvi0.jpg Get to drive and gawk at this everyday, may not be anything special to many people but the Holden/Pontiac enthusiast in me explodes every time I get to drive it. These are a hard find in my neck of the woods. It's only got some bolt ons since its my DD for now and tires ain't cheap.
  • Like 1

mvsvi0.jpg Get to drive and gawk at this everyday, may not be anything special to many people but the Holden/Pontiac enthusiast in me explodes every time I get to drive it. These are a hard find in my neck of the woods. It's only got some bolt ons since its my DD for now and tires ain't cheap.

Cool! This is the car I had previous to my XJ. It had SAP grilles and 18"s that were optional on '05-'06 models.

99F09F7B-22AA-4700-8752-62A3B0F967CD_zps

• Like 1

This is my co-worker's boyfriend's car. Originally belonged to his Grandfather, now he shares it with his Dad. Eight inch chop on the roof, channeled body, hemi motor and 6 Weber carbs. All the pinstriping was done by him.

IMG_2865-L.jpg

IMG_2866-L.jpg

IMG_2874-L.jpg

IMG_2873-L.jpg

IMG_2871-L.jpg

IMG_2870-L.jpg

IMG_2869-L.jpg

IMG_2867-L.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this Casco in Geneva the other day. The overwhelming majority of cars were BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes. Saw lots of Porche's, a few Bentleys and an Aston Martin on the roads - they were all too fast for me to get pictures! :D

LReCjFR.jpg

Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 3