Did you see any good cars today ?

JustHatched

Saw this yesterday. A Kübelwagen replica. It was being used for filming a BBC drama at the buildings where I'm currently working. The drama is based on a book called SS-GB - a story set in Nazi occupied 1940s Britain. As a vw enthusiast it was nice to see.

FB1194CF-1D55-4311-995E-5E206E5332EF.jpg

• Like 3

Saw a classic MG Midget today

This isn't it but was the same colour

1976_mg_midget_arp.jpg

The strange part is where I saw it. We were surveying some new warehouses for a new production facility and it was just parked inside one on it's own in 36,000 sq feet of nothing. Very random.

• Like 3

Saw a classic MG Midget today

This isn't it but was the same colour

1976_mg_midget_arp.jpg

The strange part is where I saw it. We were surveying some new warehouses for a new production facility and it was just parked inside one on it's own in 36,000 sq feet of nothing. Very random.

Finders keepers?!

• Like 1

As a vw enthusiast it was nice to see.

You might like this Herbie replica then, Brysie.  It was one of the cars used to drop off the students at my daughter's Year 12 Formal (Prom) a few days ago.

xQubPJm.jpg?1

There were several stretch Limos of various models, including a couple of Hummers.

Lb4R5Xa.jpg?1

Inside the Hummer.

zrDvLMy.jpg?1

My favourite was this 1966 Lincoln Continental that was fitted with Lowrider hydraulics.  Sadly not the high bouncing hydraulics, but it was still pretty cool and a very rare sight down under.

hTutwNN.jpg?1

PzO5fJH.gif?1

• Like 3

Always good to see a herbie rep using the right era beetle, correct colour and sunroof too :) too many wrong-un's around.

I'd love a big 70's yank tank, but it wouldn't fit down half the roads where I live!

• Like 2

lol

Yank Tank. That's hilarious!

I've always called them that. A lot of people in the uk say it. It's a term of endearment rather than one to cause any offence

• Like 1

Just this...

Not the best picture.  It was in a Walmart parking lot.  I tend to walk fast so I don't get mugged or bothered by panhandlers.  :lol:

12249706_10153270524162773_7367992741973

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So this is my friend's 1970 Camaro which he restored into a pro touring car. Seen here at Willow Springs Raceway in Rosamond, California.

10644225_10152758243319485_1621093527250

And my new Lampshade trying to match it as best as possible.

Cz8QAaj5PkyOTve5qJrKfg_0_0.jpg

I need to do 11 stunt jumps to unlock the correct green that I can put a pearlescent over. Then it might look a little better.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd post a load of pics from my Photobucket from over the years if thats ok?

Most are from 2008 when I bought a new camera. I'll keep it to 5 pics per reply.

If there is any you don't know what they are, but lick the look of, let me know and I'll try and tell you. Many may not know what this first one is!

Spoiler

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Edited by TheBoyBry
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@TheBoyBry : I know what the first one is :D

Cool! Not many people do. I think its a pretty rare car in its country of origin, let alone elsewhere in the world.

Theres an interesting custom job on a French car coming up in a bit :D

• Like 1